Forum Name: Groups – Youth
Forum Discription: Groups – Youth
URL: http://www.IslamiCity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6024
Printed Date: 01 September 2014 at 4:47am

Topic: Dreams
Posted By: PakNOne
Subject: Dreams
Date Posted: 21 July 2006 at 5:54pm
ok does anyone know what the meaning of this dream is....
i am almost going to step into dirty water but right then my grandparents
stop me.

and this one

where i am there is a huge earthquake?

i am very confused ... does anyone knows what this suppost to mean?

-------------
Pakistan No One

Replies:
Posted By: dia_sweetheart
Date Posted: 13 August 2006 at 11:22pm
Maybe your grandparents might save you from something bad happening to you. Any more details?

-------------
Dia

Posted By: Fear_Allah
Date Posted: 25 August 2006 at 12:06pm

Alsalam alikom w rahmato Allah w barakato,

I think that dreams explanatory is not an easy thing that any one can simply does...In Islam what you see in your sleeping may be "Ro'ya"So you need a "shikh" to tell you what it means..

I searched the web and found shikhs explain dreams but in Arabic..

If you don't mind, you can PM me and tell me the details and I will translate it in shaa Allah..

Alsalam alikom w rahmato Allah w barakato..

-------------
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)

Posted By: Amina16
Date Posted: 26 August 2006 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Fear_Allah

I think that dreams explanatory is not an easy thing that any one can simply does...In Islam what you see in your sleeping may be "Ro'ya"So you need a "shikh" to tell you what it means..

I searched the web and found shikhs explain dreams but in Arabic..

If you don't mind, you can PM me and tell me the details and I will translate it in shaa Allah..

Alsalam alikom w rahmato Allah w barakato..

asalamualaikum!

can u find out what my dream means too?  i had this dream when i was little.  i had a dream that my grandmother may allah have mercy on her soul was talking to me.  She told me to be a good girl and obey my parents. my grandmother died when i was 4.  i had this dream at about age 8. 

asalamualaikum

-------------
"Words have Power" ex: The Quran

Date Posted: 27 August 2006 at 1:44am

Dear  Amina16,

I posted your dream in a site that explin dreams,when they answer in shaa Allah.I'll tell you its meaning,
Thank you!!!

Alsalam alikom w rahmato Allah w barakato...

-------------
Our LORD! accept from us. You indeed, You are the all-Hearing, the all-Knowing. (2:127)

Posted By: righteous_4ever
Date Posted: 27 August 2006 at 12:49pm

Asalam o Aalikum

Can u tell me the meaning of my dream too? I did Istikharah once, and I had this dream. I dont know if it was showing me the right path or a regular dream. Can you give me the website or you can just interpret it for me. Thanks.

Salam

-------------
Hadia

Date Posted: 27 August 2006 at 8:13pm

sis Amina16,I received the answer,the shikh only said that you may be in disobedience with your parents,that's all..

I hope it can help you...

sis righteous_4ever,the website in Arabic,you may send me the dream and I'll interpret it for you in shaa Allah.Thanks all...

-------------

Posted By: righteous_4ever
Date Posted: 28 August 2006 at 11:43am

Asalam o Alaikum

Sure, I'll pm you my dream. Its not for everyone to know.

-------------
Hadia

Posted By: Amina16
Date Posted: 28 August 2006 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Fear_Allah

sis Amina16,I received the answer,the shikh only said that you may be in disobedience with your parents,that's all..

wow!!!! this is true i was kind of rebelious when i was 8. thanks sis.  That dreams been bothering me for years. 

-------------
"Words have Power" ex: The Quran

Date Posted: 29 August 2006 at 11:55pm

Righteous>>>

Asalam o Alaikum

Sure, I'll pm you my dream. Its not for everyone to know.

I didn't receive any pm including your dream...Make sure that you sent it to me!!!

-------------

Posted By: husseinb05
Date Posted: 03 September 2006 at 4:24am

-------------
eL-HusSeIn BenHalim

Date Posted: 04 September 2006 at 6:52pm

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w barakato,

here you are the site:Click http://forum.buraydh.com/showthread.php?p=723262#post723262 - Here .

I hope that the shikh would answer you.....

Alsalam alikom w rahmat Allah w  barakato..

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2006 at 2:39am
salam fear alllah,

thanyou very much for this. i appreciate this!  

salam.

-------------
eL-HusSeIn BenHalim

Posted By: Mona_1022
Date Posted: 29 November 2006 at 10:33pm

I've had many dreams that involve judgement day.  Like I knew in my dream that it was judgement day. In one dream, all the people in the world were lined in a single line on highways going somewhere (i'm assuming to be presented before Allah ) In another dream, people were being relocated to another planet.  And in the latest one, everyone was being judged.  We sat and watched as all the souls of those going to hell were taken away, like they were being called one by one.  Then, i guess i was included as a soul that was going to heaven because all the rest of the souls were taken to a room and were given food and drinks, like a little food gathering.  As we sat at these tables, some of the souls started going into this room and i wanted to see what it was.  I saw a pool and many of them in bathing suits getting into the water. I did not understand why they were doing that if it was forbidden to wear bathing suits like that.  Do u think you can explain....

is it bad to have dreams of judgement day?

Posted By: Knowledge01
Date Posted: 30 November 2006 at 3:27pm
As Salam Alaikum,

I advise everyone who has a question about any dream (good or bad) to only ask questions to a qualified sheikh and not to seek answers on the internet.

I also advise everyone to keep any dream that has anything bad in it to themselves as Rasullullah (sallallahu alaihi wa salam) advised.

-------------

Posted By: Ghazzali
Date Posted: 16 December 2006 at 2:41pm

Assalamualikum. Well I think although dreams are very influential and emotional, we should not try to make any meaning of a dream and based on that do somethimg or take a decision. There are three things which guide every deed and decision of a muslim -- Qur'an, Hadith and your inner judgment. No matter if you see you are killing someone in your dreams,in reality if it is not halal for you to kill him you can't and if it is obligatory to kill him, you have to. It is simple as that.Suppose a devoted muslim sees Karl Marx in his dreams calling him to leave islam and join the communist revolution.Should  he leave islam and do that? The decision should be based on what he deems right.

Of course there are exceptions. As far as I know there are some nafal prayers where you can ask Allah to give you a decision if you are in confusion or dilemma.In that case you might be given the answer in your dreams.

-------------
The world is a dangerous place to live in, not because of the bad people, but because of the good people who does not do anything about it.

Posted By: .:: SoHaIB ::.
Date Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:41pm
what if u don't have any dreams at all .... what does that mean ???

-------------

Posted By: number41
Date Posted: 24 March 2007 at 5:09pm

.:: SoHaIB ::. wrote: what if u don't have any dreams at all .... what does that mean ???

My guess is that you may have been sleep deprived ...

-------------
'When one bright intellect meets another bright intellect, the light increases and the Path becomes clear' – Rumi

Date Posted: 24 March 2007 at 8:23pm

-------------
eL-HusSeIn BenHalim

Posted By: ahmad179
Date Posted: 11 July 2007 at 3:59am

Salaam alaikum all

you should give no importance to shýkh sheikh or something like them.Meanings of dreams are not known easily.You know Yousuf alaihissalaam was a prophet whom Allah had given the ability of explain dreams.so it is not a thing that everyone can do.Also i know some hadith: "if your dream is clear, then it is from Allah, and if it is confusing(ed) then it is from shaitan." So generally there is no need to explain, if you understand it, and no need to explain if it is confused.do not give lot importance, be relaxed.

Alaikum salaam

Posted By: lovesakeenah
Date Posted: 11 July 2007 at 1:48pm

As-salaam alaykum Warahamatullah Wabarakatuh

Pardon me,but hussein,I'd like to ask how much knowledge you have about Islam?Did I hear you say'Interprete your own dreams?Authubillah!Dream Interpretation isn't Islamic and all the Ahadith quoted above are enough proof if you're willing to accept the truth.And please if you can,ask a Psychologist if you know any.You'd learn the Medical aspect of 'Dreams'.And as for someone who doesn't 'dream',it doesn't mean 'over-sleeping' or anything like that.Do not complicate things for yourself by looking for a Sheik or Imam to do that for you.Rasulullah (s.a.w) said:We should sleep on our right hand side,make the right supplications before going to bed.If you have a bad dream,spit on your left side three times.And you should not reveal the dream to anyone.Please,note that the hadith aren't in order.So please get more facts about it.May Allah guide Us aright.

Allahu an'lam!

-------------
"I have conviction that Allah has power over everything.Verily!Allah's knowledge includes and encompasses everything".

Posted By: aqels10
Date Posted: 29 June 2008 at 12:52pm
alsalamo alaykom,

i heard your comment, about asking you for dream interpretation and you can explain it or provide one. I would be very appreciative if you can give me an explanation for my dream. My dream was that i had cancer, a doctor checked it out and she said i had cancer under my belly button, i think it was supposed to be a uterus cancer, and i told my mom about it but it seemed as if she was acting normal, meaning not sad, didn't cry nothing. then she shows me some kind of a moving picture of body parts like if it was a picture of a person but you can see through their skin and see their body parts.

i would appreciate it if you can explain this dream to me i have a feeling its really important.

Thank You Very Much!

Posted By: zahra_abu02
Date Posted: 15 September 2008 at 8:06am

asalamu aliekum,

can u tell me please abt this dream i had. i was with my sister in low n she received a ring and 1 bangle n while i was wearing da ring cums off my finger n i was saying side of da ring is broken bt was not  n i was telling  her dis jewery look nice. can u interpret for me please. thank you 

Posted By: zahra_abu02
Date Posted: 15 September 2008 at 9:04am
help me to interperet this dream please.thank you so much

Posted By: icforumadmin
Date Posted: 15 September 2008 at 3:44pm

Salam/Peace

Dream just a natural process of sleeping. Doesn't mean anything. So just forget it and move on.

Admin

Posted By: goodguy
Date Posted: 24 November 2008 at 5:31am
To my mind dreams represent often what we have experienced during the day and couldn't process - however, I don't see that they have a deeper meaning to me and my life

Posted By: |2 e e |\| u
Date Posted: 14 March 2009 at 1:44pm
Assalam-0-Alaikum Everybody...
I want to share my view regarding Dreams...And thier interpretation.
Well i guess that Dreaming is a Natural Process...we should not take Our Dreams as any kind of prediction or else....
As far as Prophets Are concerned so thier dreams must have the messages From ALLAH ALMIGHTY... for instance the dream of Hazart Ibraheem (AS)....
But for all of the rest of people they are just meaningless because ALLAH ALMIGHTY bless the knowledge to explain the meanings of dreams to only Hazrat Yusuf (AS).... And he din't pass his knowledge to anybody...

-------------
If Weak In Prayer...We Are Weak Everywhere!!!

Posted By: fais
Date Posted: 04 October 2009 at 6:14am

Dear Brothers and sisters,

I have found this little information on the website would like to share abour dreams.

Praise be to Allaah.

True dreams are a part of Prophethood, as it was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “True dreams are one of the forty-six parts of Prophethood.” (al-Bukhaari, 6472; Muslim, 4201)

Dreams marked the onset of Revelation (al-Bukhaari, 3; Muslim, 231).

The truthfulness of the dream is related to the sincerity of the dreamer. Those who have the most truthful dreams are those who are the most truthful in speech. (Muslim, 4200)

Towards the end of time, hardly any dreams will be untrue. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “That will be because the Prophethood and its effects will be so far away in time, so the believers will be given some compensation in the form of dreams which will bring them some good news or will help them to be patient and steadfast in their faith.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

The same may be said of the miracles which appeared after the time of the Sahaabah. This did not happen during their time because they did not need them, due to their strong faith, but the people who came after them needed them (the miracles) because their faith was weak.

Dreams are of three types: rahmaani (those that come from Allaah), nafsaani (psychological, they come from within a person) and shaytaani (those that come from the Shaytaan). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Dreams are of three types: a dream from Allaah, a dream which causes distress and which comes from the Shaytaan, and a dream which comes from what a person thinks about when he is awake, and he sees it when he is asleep.” (al-Bukhaari, 6499; Muslim, 4200)

The dreams of the Prophets are wahy (revelation) for they are protected from the Shaytaan. The Ummah is agreed upon this. This is why Ibraaheem set out to fulfil the command of Allaah to sacrifice his son Ismaa’eel when he saw that in a dream; may peace be upon them both.

The dreams of people other than the Prophets are to be examined in the light of the clear Wahy [i.e., the Qur’aan and Sunnah]. If they are in accordance with the Qur’aan and Sunnah, all well and good; otherwise, they should not be acted upon. This is a very serious matter indeed, for many of the innovators among the Sufis and others have gone astray because of this.

Whoever wants to have true dreams should strive to speak honestly, eat halaal food, adhere to the commandments of sharee’ah, avoid that which Allaah and His Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) have forbidden, sleep in a state of complete purity facing the Qiblah, and remember Allaah until he feels his eyelids drooping. If he does all this, then his dreams can hardly be untrue.

The most truthful of dreams are those that are seen at the time of suhoor [just before dawn], for this is the time when Allaah descends and when mercy and forgiveness are close. It is also the time when the devils are quiet, unlike the time of darkness just after sunset, when the devils and devilish souls spread out.

(See Madaarij al-Saalikeen, 1/50-52)

Al-Haafiz ibn Hajar said:

All dreams are either of two types:

true dreams. These are the dreams of the Prophets and of the righteous people who follow them. They may also happen to other people, but this is very rare, such as the dream of the kaafir king which was interpreted for him by Yoosuf (peace be upon him). True dreams are those which come true in real life as they were seen in the dream.

Mixed up false dreams, which warn of something. These are of different types:

games of the Shaytaan to make a person distressed, such as when he sees his head cut off and he is following it, or he sees himself falling into a crisis and cannot find anyone to save him from it, and so on.

When he sees some of the angels telling him to do something forbidden, or other things that cannot possibly make sense.

When he sees something that happens to him in real life, or he wishes it would happen, and he sees it very realistically in his dream; or he see what usually happens to him when he is awake or what reflects his mood. These dreams usually speak of the future or the present, rarely of the past.

See: Fath al-Baari, 12/352-354

Abu Sa’eed al-Khudri (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If any one of you sees a dream that he likes, this is from Allaah, so let him praise Allaah for it and talk about it to others. If he sees other than that, a dream that he dislikes, this is from the Shaytaan, so let him seek refuge with Allaah from its evil and not mention it to anyone, for it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6584, and Muslim, 5862).

Abu Qutaadah said: the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Good dreams come from Allaah, and (bad) dreams come from Shaytaan. Whoever sees something that he dislikes, let him spit to his left three times and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan, for it will not harm him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6594, and Muslim, 5862). The “spitting” referred to here is a soft, dry spitting with no saliva ejected.

It was reported from Jaabir (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “If any one of you sees a dream that he dislikes, let him spit to his left three times, and seek refuge with Allaah from the Shaytaan three times, and turn over from the side on which he was sleeping.” (Narrated by Muslim, 5864)

Ibn Hajar said: to sum up what has been said about good dreams, we may say three things:

A person should praise Allaah for the good dream

He should feel happy about it

He should talk about it to those whom he loves but not to those whom he dislikes.

To sum up what has been said about bad dreams, we may say four things:

He should seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of the dream

He should seek refuge with Allaah from the evil of the Shaytaan

He should spit to his left three times when he wakes up

He should not mention it to anyone at all.

In al-Bukhaari, Baab al-Qayd fi’l-Manaam, a fifth thing was narrated from Abu Hurayrah, which is to pray. The wording of the report is: whoever sees something he dislikes (in a dream) should not tell anyone about it; rather he should get up and pray. This was reported as a Mawsool report by Imaam Muslim in his Saheeh.

Muslim added a sixth thing, which is to turn over from the side on which one was lying.

In conclusion, there are six things to do, the four mentioned above, plus praying two rak’ahs, for example, and turning over from the side on which one was lying to lie on one’s back, for example.

See Fath al-Baari, 12/370.

According to a hadeeth narrated from Abu Razeen by al-Tirmidhi, he should not tell anybody about it except a very close friend who loves him very much, or who is very wise. According to another report, he should not talk about it except to one who is wise or one who is dear to him. According to another report, he should not tell of his dream except to a scholar or one who will give sincere advice. Al-Qaadi Abu Bakr ibn al-‘Arabi said: as for the scholar, he will interpret it in a good way for him as much as he can, and the one who will give him sincere advice will teach him something that will be of benefit to him and will help him to do that. The one who is wise is the one who knows how to interpret it and will tell him only that which will help him, otherwise he will keep quiet. The one who is dear, if he knows something good he will say it, and if he does not know or he is in doubt, he will keep quiet.

See Fath al-Baari, 12/369

Imaam al-Baghawi said:

Know that the interpretation of dreams falls into various categories. Dreams may be interpreted in the light of the Qur’aan or in the light of the Sunnah, or by means of the proverbs that are current among people, or by names and metaphors, or in terms of opposites. (Sharh al-Sunnah, 12/220)

He gave examples of this, such as:

Interpretation in the light of the Qur’aan: such as a rope meaning a covenant, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And hold fast, all of you together, to the Rope of Allaah…” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:103]

Interpretation in the light of the Sunnah: such as the crow representing an immoral man (faasiq), because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) called it such.

Interpretation by means of proverbs: such a digging a hole meaning a plot, because people say “Whoever digs a hole will fall in it.”

Interpretation by means of names: such as seeing a man called Raashid meaning wisdom.

Interpretation by means of opposites: such as fear meaning safety, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And He will surely give them in exchange a safe security after their fear” [al-Noor 24:55]

As for the book “Interpretation of Dreams” that is attributed to Ibn Seereen, many researchers doubt that it can be attributed to him at all, so we should be certain that this book was written by this prominent scholar.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

Posted By: maha
Date Posted: 26 February 2010 at 3:17am
Asalam o Alikum

i saw that sunami(HUGE waves of water) is comming towards me and i m sure that this wave will kill me, so i recite kalma-e-tayaba(la ilaha illalah Mohammad ur rasulallah)

i saw this dream many times some times i saw that i m with my mom in home and now n saw that my son n husband is with me at the beach.   

plz reply
thank you
Allah Hafiz

Print Page | Close Window