Print Page | Close Window

One Day

Printed From: IslamiCity.com
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Discription: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: http://www.IslamiCity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=25951
Printed Date: 21 April 2014 at 8:07am


Topic: One Day
Posted By: Andy
Subject: One Day
Date Posted: 11 August 2013 at 8:44pm
Greetings and peace to all-

This is my first post in this forum. Please forgive me if I am opening discussion on a topic that has already been posted and is active.

I am a Jew. I have ventured into this forum with hopes of meeting a Muslim (or many, God willing!) who, like myself, are tired of hearing about violence between those of our faiths. It absolutely breaks my heart to read every day of our people hurting each other. I know there are deep wounds on both sides. What I also know is that God commands us all to love one another.

I've made a choice. I choose peace. I choose love. And I would like to hear from others who may feel the same way. We have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians. I feel like it's time we stop listening to the non-sense and begin communicating with each other.

People. That's all that matters. People. You and I. You feel that God has moved you to worship Him as a Muslim? Great. When you're done with your prayers, let's have a meal together. How about our children play together. Isn't that all that matters? That we can live in peace? That our children can play without fear? That we can live prosperous lives that God intends?

I imagine that One Day, we'll all great each other with love and kindness. That One Day, there'll be no more war. That One Day, Jews and Muslims will walk beside each other, friends. That One Day, we'll make this world a better place for all mankind. One Day.



Replies:
Posted By: semar
Date Posted: 13 August 2013 at 6:09pm
Salam/Peace,
 
We all in teh same boat, want peace for everyone. Hope someday we can see this as areality.


-------------
Salam/Peace,
Semar
The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full"
"1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"


Posted By: NABA
Date Posted: 14 August 2013 at 7:29am
In Sha Allah.


Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 14 August 2013 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Andy

Greetings and peace to all-

This is my first post in this forum. Please forgive me if I am opening discussion on a topic that has already been posted and is active.

I am a Jew. I have ventured into this forum with hopes of meeting a Muslim (or many, God willing!) who, like myself, are tired of hearing about violence between those of our faiths. It absolutely breaks my heart to read every day of our people hurting each other. I know there are deep wounds on both sides. What I also know is that God commands us all to love one another.

I've made a choice. I choose peace. I choose love. And I would like to hear from others who may feel the same way. We have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians. I feel like it's time we stop listening to the non-sense and begin communicating with each other.

People. That's all that matters. People. You and I. You feel that God has moved you to worship Him as a Muslim? Great. When you're done with your prayers, let's have a meal together. How about our children play together. Isn't that all that matters? That we can live in peace? That our children can play without fear? That we can live prosperous lives that God intends?

I imagine that One Day, we'll all great each other with love and kindness. That One Day, there'll be no more war. That One Day, Jews and Muslims will walk beside each other, friends. That One Day, we'll make this world a better place for all mankind. One Day.


Reminiscent of the
"I Have A Dream" speech by Martin Luther King, Jr.

and Amen to what you say.  I also choose peace.  I also choose Love and kindness.  Are you able to include the followers of Yahshua in your dream?

Shalom,
Caringheart




-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever


Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 14 August 2013 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Andy

Greetings

We have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians.


Andy, welcome! Please share with us a few examples of how we have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians.


Posted By: AbuKhalid
Date Posted: 18 August 2013 at 11:37pm
I imagine that One Day, we'll all great each other with love and kindness. That One Day, there'll be no more war. That One Day, Jews and Muslims will walk beside each other, friends. That One Day, we'll make this world a better place for all mankind. One Day.


This happened in the past when the Jews ran away from christian persecution and came to the Muslim lands for peace and security. I'm sure peace and security will prevail again


Posted By: bronaz
Date Posted: 26 August 2013 at 11:45pm
Peace can only be attained when one comes to realize this earth is not the end of our journey. We are all created in the image and likeness of God and Heaven is our true home. Fighting for Land on earth is futile because none of us will get to keep it forever.


Posted By: Andy
Date Posted: 28 August 2013 at 8:31pm
[/QUOTE]Reminiscent of the"I Have A Dream" speech by Martin Luther King, Jr.and Amen to what you say.  I also choose peace.  I also choose Love and kindness.  Are you able to include the followers of Yahshua in your dream?Shalom,Caringheart[/QUOTE]

In my dream, there are no differences between you and I. There are no exceptions...just as God makes no exceptions. He loves us all, and as His children, we should all practice the same.


Posted By: Andy
Date Posted: 28 August 2013 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by abuayisha

Originally posted by Andy

Greetings

We have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians.


Andy, welcome! Please share with us a few examples of how we have all been deceived by our leaders and politicians.


I think the true challenge is to find a society that has not been deceived by their leadership. I think the current state of our world proves this point. There are wars around the world. And why? Why are we fighting? For land? Resources? Power? Control?

When we can come to the understanding and agreement that all people are created equal (this is the difficult part...not everyone believes this) and deserve the full respect of each other, then everything else will fall into place. When we have respect, we can begin to know. When we know, we can begin to understand. And when we understand, we can begin to love.

None of our cultures are innocent in these wars. But it has to stop somewhere. It has to stop with someone.

I can see it...maybe it's in Egypt or Syria. Maybe Israel or Saudi Arabia. Muslim, Jewish, and Christian children playing together. Their parents sharing a meal and talking.

I have seen small examples of this in my travels. When I was in Bosnia during the war in the Balkans, I saw Muslim Bosnians living with Christian Serbs and Croats. They knew nothing else. They loved each other. The ones driving the ethnic violence were the ones in power. They used religion to fuel the fire, but when people were left alone to simply live their lives, that's exactly what they did. I was able to witness Muslims and Christians who were technically at war, have coffee together and share stories of their lives together.

I personally have enjoyed many relationships with Muslims at the University. One of my best friends was a young Muslim woman. She would tell me about how her fiancé lived in Dubai and how much she missed him. She would tell me stories of her family and their time together, the meals they made, the fun they had. So wonderful to have enjoyed that connection with another person.

When it's all said and done, all that matters is people taking care of people. Any leader who demands we discriminate our care based on faith, color of skin, or national origin is deceiving us. Would a thirsty Jew not take water from a Muslim? Would a cold Muslim not accept shelter from a Jew? Would any of us deny the others' right to practice our beliefs? The hatred has to stop. The healing has to begin.   


Posted By: Caringheart
Date Posted: 28 August 2013 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Andy


I think the true challenge is to find a society that has not been deceived by their leadership. I think the current state of our world proves this point. There are wars around the world. And why? Why are we fighting? For land? Resources? Power? Control?

When we can come to the understanding and agreement that all people are created equal (this is the difficult part...not everyone believes this) and deserve the full respect of each other, then everything else will fall into place. When we have respect, we can begin to know. When we know, we can begin to understand. And when we understand, we can begin to love.

None of our cultures are innocent in these wars. But it has to stop somewhere. It has to stop with someone.

I can see it...maybe it's in Egypt or Syria. Maybe Israel or Saudi Arabia. Muslim, Jewish, and Christian children playing together. Their parents sharing a meal and talking.

I have seen small examples of this in my travels. When I was in Bosnia during the war in the Balkans, I saw Muslim Bosnians living with Christian Serbs and Croats. They knew nothing else. They loved each other. The ones driving the ethnic violence were the ones in power. They used religion to fuel the fire, but when people were left alone to simply live their lives, that's exactly what they did. I was able to witness Muslims and Christians who were technically at war, have coffee together and share stories of their lives together.

I personally have enjoyed many relationships with Muslims at the University. One of my best friends was a young Muslim woman. She would tell me about how her fiancé lived in Dubai and how much she missed him. She would tell me stories of her family and their time together, the meals they made, the fun they had. So wonderful to have enjoyed that connection with another person.

When it's all said and done, all that matters is people taking care of people. Any leader who demands we discriminate our care based on faith, color of skin, or national origin is deceiving us. Would a thirsty Jew not take water from a Muslim? Would a cold Muslim not accept shelter from a Jew? Would any of us deny the others' right to practice our beliefs? The hatred has to stop. The healing has to begin.   


Beautifully said, Andy.  This is what I keep hope for... belief in people... the everyday people, to have love and care for one another and put aside foolish controversies.  It is why I come here to talk with one another.


-------------
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever


Posted By: iec786
Date Posted: 07 September 2013 at 12:04pm
Hi Andy,
I would like you to watch these videos and it will help to heal the wounds.http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL34D7D3F8288B4E83


Posted By: Andy
Date Posted: 17 September 2013 at 10:23pm
I wanted to let you know that I've begun watching the series of videos. I would be very happy to begin a dialogue with you regarding the information when I am done.

An important item to think about is that Jews, like Muslims, have differences of opinions on many topics between the major branches of Judaism. I am a Reform Jew, so my opinion will vary on certain topics from those of the Orthodox discipline. Having said that, my responses may be different than you'd expect. As much trouble as the Muslims have with the Jews (the Jews in power) in Israel, many other Jews suffer from them as well. My dearest friend's wife was stoned in Israel 12 years ago. And she's a Jew. Why? Because she was a blonde-headed non-Orthodox Jew. So, as you can imagine, we both share a struggle.

I can say that from the first two videos, I like this man. Although I disagree with a few historical facts he quoted (honestly, they are insignificant to our discussion), I completely understand his point so far.

The bottom line is simply that we, all of God's children, have to stop fighting and start loving. I don't know how to make this happen on a large-scale basis. But I do know how to on a small-scale. And it's by doing exactly what you and I are doing. Simply talking. After we talk some, we'll begin to understand, then we'll begin to care about what the other is saying, then respect comes, then love can begin. It's such a simple idea. So sad our people have to complicate it.

Have a great week...talk to you soon.

Andy


Posted By: iec786
Date Posted: 18 September 2013 at 10:04am
Hi Andy,It would be good to discuss the situation in the middle east and Israel.All we need to do is be human and let the Almighty do the rest.Would like to talk to you as well.keep well Ismail



Print Page | Close Window