Print Page | Close Window

"Islam is the only right religion" topic

Printed From: IslamiCity.com
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Discription: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: http://www.IslamiCity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21479
Printed Date: 28 July 2014 at 11:39am


Topic: "Islam is the only right religion" topic
Posted By: Usmani
Subject: "Islam is the only right religion" topic
Date Posted: 31 July 2011 at 12:22am
If we were to say that no religion in the world today is correct, then this would entail believing that God is unjust because He left us to wander about on earth in sin and transgression without showing us the right way to do things, and this is impossible for a Just God.  Therefore the only logical conclusion is that there is One True Religion, which contains guidance in all spheres of life, religious, moral, societal, and individual.
 
How do we know what this one true religion is?  It is upon each and every human to investigate this matter.  Humans were created to fulfill a great purpose, not just to eat, sleep and go about finding their daily sustenance and satiate their desires.  In order to fulfill this purpose, one must try to find what their purpose is, and this can only be done by investigation.  If one believes that there is a God, and that God must not have left humans to wander in misguidance, then they must search for the religion and way of life which God revealed.  Furthermore, this religion would not be hidden or hard for humans to find or understand, for that would defeat the purpose of guidance.  Also, the religion must contain the same message throughout time, since we mentioned that everything returns to one absolute truth.  Also, this religion cannot contain any falsities or contradictions, for falseness or contradiction in one matter of the religion proves the falsity of the religion as a whole, since we would then doubt the integrity of its texts.
 
There is no other religion which fulfills the conditions mentioned above except for religion of Islam, the religion which is accordance to human nature, the religion which has been preached by all prophets since the dawn of man.  Other religions found today, such as Christianity and Judaism, are the remnants of the religion brought by the prophets in their time, which was Islam. However, over time, they have been altered and lost, and what is left today of these religions is a mix of truth and falsehood.  The only religion which has been preserved and preaches the same message brought by all prophets is the religion of Islam, the one true religion, which rules all sphereís of humansí lives, religious, political, societal, and individual, and it is upon all humans to investigate this religion, to ascertain its truth, and to follow it.


-------------
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds



Replies:
Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 01 August 2011 at 8:18am

Originally posted by Usmani

If we were to say that no religion in the world today is correct, then this would entail believing that God is unjust because He left us to wander about on earth in sin and transgression without showing us the right way to do things, and this is impossible for a Just God.  Therefore the only logical conclusion is that there is One True Religion, which contains guidance in all spheres of life, religious, moral, societal, and individual.

Wouldn't the logical conclusion be that there is no God?

Or if there is, wouldn't it be more rational to assume that God has given us all the intellectual and emotional tools we need to determine for ourselves the right way to live?  There are good people in the world among all the religions, and many more who have no religion.  We don't need gods to tell us not to hurt each other, to deal honestly with one another, to help each other when we can, and so on.

The rest of your post is filled with suppositions so I won't address it in detail.  One thing I will agree with, however, is that if this hypothetical God really wanted us to have one "right" religion, he would not have made it obscure or hard to recognize.  He certainly would not have revealed it only to one person, in one language and at one time and place.  I also agree that he would never have allowed it to become corrupt or distorted, as apparently Islam has been, over and over again since Adam.



-------------
Addeenul ĎAql Ė Religion is intellect.


Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 01 August 2011 at 1:44pm

Assalamu Alaikum and hello everyone,

This thread is created as a result of the thread:
 
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=21368 - Islam is the only right religion.
 
The last two posts from the previous  thread have been moved to  this thread. 
 
Please continue your discussion here.
 
Peace


-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13


Posted By: Usmani
Date Posted: 04 August 2011 at 12:58pm
Dear Ron,
 
Quote:-Wouldn't the logical conclusion be that there is no God?

Reply:-No it can never be a logical conclusion sir. If someone ask you that all the high rises in Toronto and others buildings were not build by human but they emerged itself you may got there first time??? Can these huge structures with all the facilities like utilities waterlines, electrical wiring, airconditioning, fire alarm so on and so for and no one created them? A logical reply would be that fellow who told you that is out of his mind.

Universe is more than 1000 times more complex than buildings of Toronto.Jusk look at this planet earth only every facility is provided here for us to live here. Every kind of things are there so we can build buildings, cars, industries and many more things which you may know than me.

Quote:-Or if there is, wouldn't it be more rational to assume that God has given us all the intellectual and emotional tools we need to determine for ourselves the right way to live?  There are good people in the world among all the religions, and many more who have no religion.  We don't need gods to tell us not to hurt each other, to deal honestly with one another, to help each other when we can, and so on.

Reply:-Yes God wants us not to hurt each other, to deal honestly with one another, to help each other when we can, and so on. But things are not end here rather start from here. Like God created us to worship Him. How to worship you canít have your own way you must find out from revelations.

Quote:-The rest of your post is filled with suppositions so I won't address it in detail.  One thing I will agree with, however, is that if this hypothetical God really wanted us to have one "right" religion, he would not have made it obscure or hard to recognize.  He certainly would not have revealed it only to one person, in one language and at one time and place.

Reply:-There was a time when God used to send Prophets for every bunch of people where they used to live as you said but now it is not require. The world has change, translations of God message is easily available in many languages and people who knows how to follow them are there in every part of the world one can learn from them.

Quote: - I also agree that he would never have allowed it to become corrupt or distorted, as apparently Islam has been, over and over again since Adam.

Reply:-Strong believe in God (Which is quite logical as discuss above) is the first step towards this journey. Once you have that the others steps will clear for you to understand, that how things works here. If you donít borther, GOD also doesnít borther.Then who will the loser.

Usmani


-------------
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds


Posted By: Usmani
Date Posted: 05 August 2011 at 8:45am
Following is a link of a recitation of prayer to God,Red by a religious schalor.
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCk95o0mYX0 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCk95o0mYX0


-------------
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds


Posted By: Jack Catholic
Date Posted: 18 September 2011 at 6:39pm
Dear Usmani,
 
You wrote some standards which qualify a religion as the true religion.  I will quote you here, "this religion would not be hidden or hard for humans to find or understand, for that would defeat the purpose of guidance.  Also, the religion must contain the same message throughout time, since we mentioned that everything returns to one absolute truth.  Also, this religion cannot contain any falsities or contradictions, for falseness or contradiction in one matter of the religion proves the falsity of the religion as a whole, since we would then doubt the integrity of its texts."
 
I do not visit this string of posts often, but since I am here while waiting for another string I've started to be made public on this forum board, I suppose I could contribute something.
 
I have investigated many religions in my lifetime.  I have found one that is not hidden, which has a very simple message that is easy to understand, one that contains the same message as when Allah first gave it to Adam and Abraham before us, one that does not contain any falsities or contradictions.  The message of this religion is that Allah loves us so much that he created us, and he wills that we love him back.  He told us that not to love him is to reject him, that sin (behaviors which hurt Him and others) is a rejection of Him each time we commit it, and that sin ends in death of some sort, ultimately in our own death forever.  It teaches that Allah wills that no one should reject him, and thus that none should die by rejecting him.  Yet the reality is that we reject Allah, and we reject his will and so sin and so deserve death for the death we cause ourselves and others.  This religion I have discovered to meet your qualifications further tells us that Allah loves us so much that he sent his only son to earth to teach us how to love Allah, then paid the price for our sins so as to give us another chance to love Allah again correctly.  It's a religion of truth with a very simple message, and it's called Christianity. 
 
In a string of posts which has been around for a while called, "The Holy Bible did not evolve!", we learned exactly how this religion contained consistancy and no contradiction, how it passes all the tests which you have provided here, also how it provides us with hope and love, two elements which make our faith life much more successful.   I invite you to stop looking at it and actually look into it to learn the truth of what Christianity is all about.  Perhaps you might be surprised to learn things about humanity, about  Allah, and about his will and love for us that you may have sensed, but never been able to put your finger on before.   So I invite you...
 
May Allah bless you, Usmani,
 
Jack Catholic


Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 19 September 2011 at 7:20am
Originally posted by Jack Catholic

Dear Usmani,
 
You wrote some standards which qualify a religion as the true religion.  I will quote you here, "this religion would not be hidden or hard for humans to find or understand, for that would defeat the purpose of guidance.  Also, the religion must contain the same message throughout time, since we mentioned that everything returns to one absolute truth.  Also, this religion cannot contain any falsities or contradictions, for falseness or contradiction in one matter of the religion proves the falsity of the religion as a whole, since we would then doubt the integrity of its texts."
 
I do not visit this string of posts often, but since I am here while waiting for another string I've started to be made public on this forum board, I suppose I could contribute something.
 
I have investigated many religions in my lifetime.  I have found one that is not hidden, which has a very simple message that is easy to understand, one that contains the same message as when Allah first gave it to Adam and Abraham before us, one that does not contain any falsities or contradictions.  The message of this religion is that Allah loves us so much that he created us, and he wills that we love him back.  He told us that not to love him is to reject him, that sin (behaviors which hurt Him and others) is a rejection of Him each time we commit it, and that sin ends in death of some sort, ultimately in our own death forever.  It teaches that Allah wills that no one should reject him, and thus that none should die by rejecting him.  Yet the reality is that we reject Allah, and we reject his will and so sin and so deserve death for the death we cause ourselves and others.  This religion I have discovered to meet your qualifications further tells us that Allah loves us so much that he sent his only son to earth to teach us how to love Allah, then paid the price for our sins so as to give us another chance to love Allah again correctly.  It's a religion of truth with a very simple message, and it's called Christianity. 
 
In a string of posts which has been around for a while called, "The Holy Bible did not evolve!", we learned exactly how this religion contained consistancy and no contradiction, how it passes all the tests which you have provided here, also how it provides us with hope and love, two elements which make our faith life much more successful.   I invite you to stop looking at it and actually look into it to learn the truth of what Christianity is all about.  Perhaps you might be surprised to learn things about humanity, about  Allah, and about his will and love for us that you may have sensed, but never been able to put your finger on before.   So I invite you...
 
May Allah bless you, Usmani,
 
Jack Catholic
 

Greetings,

I have already mentioned that please donít bring the matter of other topics/threads. It is imperative to stick to the topic. For example, other members may have concerns about your assertion, but they may not discuss it because the topic at hand wouldnít allow them. And if they do attempt to reply to you, they would violate the guidelines, and it would also derail the topic.

Please see the guidelines, particularly rules 2, 7, and 12:

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589&FID=30&PR=3 - Peace



-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13


Posted By: Jack Catholic
Date Posted: 19 September 2011 at 12:13pm
Dear Peacemaker,
 
Thank your for your explanation.  It is very clear and understandable.  May Allah bless you,
 
Jack Catholic


Posted By: Usmani
Date Posted: 21 September 2011 at 11:24am
Dear Jack,
 

I am pleased to see yours comments here and thankfull of you as well.

 

Quote: have investigated many religions in my lifetime.  I have found one that is not hidden, which has a very simple message that is easy to understand,

 

Brother the concept of trinity is simple? Or this is simple that there only one God. You say that Jesus is die of our sins (Pls. correct me if \i am wrong in the my understanding of your religion anywhere) or this is simple that a messenger is the one chosen by God for the guidance of common people like He chosen from Adam to Abraham till the last messenger Muhammad (May Allah pleased with all of them).No brother Christianity of today is not remained simple any longer.

 

Quote: one that contains the same message as when Allah first gave it to Adam and Abraham before us,

 

Do the people before Jesus (pbuh) knows that he is the son of God? from Adam till Abraham do they recognized Jesus as their savior as you people do? Or they know their Prophet as Preacher/guider of God message of  their time as we do recognized Prophet Muhammad (pbuh)?Can you see which religion is similar to them.

 

Qoute: one that does not contain any falsities or contradictions. 

 

I donít want to touch this topic if I could, as others friends here have already brought many things. 

  

Quote: I have discovered to meet your qualifications further tells us that Allah loves us so much that he sent his only son to earth to teach us how to love Allah, then paid the price for our sins so as to give us another chance to love Allah again correctly.  It's a religion of truth with a very simple message, and it's called Christianity. 

 

Oh my God ,brother just suppose you are the King of some country and people there keep breaking the laws and you are very kind towards yours people and wish to forgave them what you will do 1) Kill your son for their mistake and forgave them or 2)you will just forgave them without killing your son. I am sure you will do the second option so why you think God can do such a blander?

 

I apologized if you feel my reply is somewhat insulting. I do not intend to do so but I want to be straight forward on my reply only.

 

May Allah Guide you,

 

Usmani

 



-------------
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds


Posted By: Jack Catholic
Date Posted: 22 September 2011 at 12:18pm
Dear Usmani,
 
No, I do not find your post to be offensive.  But you ask some very intersting questions and make some very thoughtful observations.  I'd like to respond to them,  so will put something together over the next few days, hopefull to be short, but we shall see.
 
May Allah bless you,
 
Jack Catholic


Posted By: Jack Catholic
Date Posted: 22 September 2011 at 9:01pm

Dear Usmani, thank you for your very polite response.  I do indeed find the concept of the trinity to be simple.  It is a lot like the concept of a man, which I believe you are.  One man can be simultaneously a father, a son, and an uncle.  I also find the concept of a trinity to be as simple as water, which can be solid like ice, or be liquid as water is, or be light and puffy an float in air, as steam or clouds do.  I donít find this complicated.  Just as I donít see it complicated that one God can be Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all at the same time. As himself God is Father of us all through the fact that he created everything (a father in a way is the creator of his children).  God is Son in that he appeared for a time in human form (God is powerful enough to do that, you know).  God is Holy Spirit in that He is present with us and in us and his presence moves and inspires us (think of the English terms:  a spirit of joy, a spirit of sorrow, a spirit of love.)  All of this to me is very simple and easy to understand.  Do you find it to be so?  If yes, explain please.  If not, explain why not please.

 

You ask, dear Usmani, if: ď...the people before Jesus (pbuh) knows that he is the son of God?Ē  So you are asking if the Isrealites or Jews know the future?  These people did not even recognize the prophets that Allah sent them, and often put these prophets to death before they even realized that they were prophets.  To this you then compare to that you recognize a man from 1400 years ago to be a prophet.  You are comparing apples with bananas with oranges.  Because the comparisons do not make sense as you have presented them, I have to say there is no answer.  I donít find that Jesusí claims to be Son of God/Messiah are difficult to understand, nor are they so different from the situation of the Old Testament when the people of God killed their prophets.  In fact, the believers of the O.T. put their prophets to death, and in the same way the Jews put Jesus to death as well.  This is a great similarity between Jesus in the New Testament and the Israelites of the Torah.  I do not know the circumstances of Muhammadís death.  Did the Jews put Muhammad to death, also?

 

You wrote, ďOh my God ,brother just suppose you are the King of some country and people there keep breaking the laws and you are very kind towards yours people and wish to forgave them what you will do 1) Kill your son for their mistake and forgave them or 2)you will just forgave them without killing your son.Ē

 

Usmani, I do not think you quite understand how sin and punishment works.  In the OT, Allah said that all sin leads to death.  He said the punishment for sin is death.  I think Muhammad agreed with Allah in this respect.  Look at the issue of the sin of adultery.  In the Holy Qurían, is not the punishment for adultery death by stoning.

            Now that we have established that the punishment for sin is death, let us look at how sin leads to death.  Let us assume that a manís wife leaves him and immediately marries another.  It is not unusual for some men who love their lives so much to actually be so broken heated that they cannot bring themselves to eat, let alone stop crying, especially if the woman is expecting their first child together.  For some men, a disaster like this would destroy them.  So to continue the example, after many, many, many days of not being able to eat or get himself up to go to work each day, the man could be replaced at work (the death of his job), his health could begin to fail (this is a kind of failure caused by a broken heart and is not unheard of in this world we live in), leading to his eventual death.  In this case, the woman was not guilty of adultery, as she was not married when she met her second husband.  But Jesus says that ending a marriage which Allah has brought about is a sin, and as such a marriage cannot be ended, the womanís then remarrying is a sin, and the sin lead to death (of the husband).  Sin leads to death.

            Now that we have established the truth of the Torah in regards to the relationship of sin and death, we will consider what Jesus did.  The Holy Bible tells us that He died to save us from the power of sin and death over our lives.  Let us look at an example from daily life.  I remember being in the emergency room of a hospital not many years ago where a man had been brought in with severe burns all over his body.  It seems that his home was on fire, and he had gone back in to get his son.  He was overcome by smoke, but rescued by firemen before he died.  His son died from smoke inhalation.  And though the manís body was so badly burned and full of pain, the reason he cried out was that his son had died.  The words that crossed his mouth through his sobs were, ďOh, how I wish it was I who had died and not my son.  Oh, my son, my son.  It should have been me!Ē

            So now we have established that the wages (punishment or basic outcome) of sin is death, and that it is not unusual for a father to so love his son that he would die in his sonís place, is it so great a jump in understanding to know that Jesus who is one and the same as Allah, only in human form, could take the punishment for our sin so we donít have to?  What makes it even simpler to understand is that if we do not belong to Allah, then we default to belonging to the devil.  When we belong to the devil, and then we die, our death is not just from this earthly life, but it is death to an eternity with Allah in heaven.  Allah wills that all of us should belong to Him, but the devil demands what is his, so Jesus simply took our place in dying, and of course, as the devil cannot have God, so Jesus did not go to the abode of the devil when he died.  But he paid the price of our sins, and he offers his action to us as a gift, since to accept his action (gift of love) is to be restored to the favor of Allah.  How are we restored?  Simple, as all of Christianity is simple.  The devilís demand for death as a final end to the Allahís claim to us is met in the death of Jesus on the cross.  This is how and why Allah sent His son (the word of Allah in human flesh) to die for our sin on our behalf.  To me, this is very simple to understand, and it is clearly a fulfillment to the demands of the Torah for sin.

            There you have it:  a wordy yet simple explanation to how Allah loves us so much and longs for us to be His.  It is one of the reasons I love Allah so much.  I hope you can understand what I have written.  If not, feel free to question my words and Iíll do my best to expain.

 

God Bless you, Usmani,

 

Jack Catholic



Posted By: Usmani
Date Posted: 26 September 2011 at 6:51pm

Dear Jack,

 

Quote:-Dear Usmani, thank you for your very polite response.  I do indeed find the concept of the trinity to be simple.  It is a lot like the concept of a man, which I believe you are.  One man can be simultaneously a father, a son, and an uncle.  I also find the concept of a trinity to be as simple as water, which can be solid like ice, or be liquid as water is, or be light and puffy an float in air, as steam or clouds do.  I donít find this complicated.  Just as I donít see it complicated that one God can be Father, Son, and Holy Spirit all at the same time. As himself God is Father of us all through the fact that he created everything (a father in a way is the creator of his children).  God is Son in that he appeared for a time in human form (God is powerful enough to do that, you know).  God is Holy Spirit in that He is present with us and in us and his presence moves and inspires us (think of the English terms:  a spirit of joy, a spirit of sorrow, a spirit of love.)  All of this to me is very simple and easy to understand.  Do you find it to be so?  If yes, explain please.  If not, explain why not please.

 

Reply:-I do not know from where should I strart; you are actually a very much loving, caring person, that I can see from your reply. Brother believe me too much of love and caring  is not good too, sometimes its stops you from seeing the reality and could be very much harmful for once own self. You got to start realizing this as soon as you can. Do you know who is after this blind love of yours? He is the satan.I am sure you will be laughing on me right now or may be angry but this what I can see clearly.

 

Quote:-You ask, dear Usmani, if: ď...the people before Jesus (pbuh) knows that he is the son of God?Ē  So you are asking if the Israelites or Jews know the future?  These people did not even recognize the prophets that Allah sent them, and often put these prophets to death before they even realized that they were prophets.  To this you then compare to that you recognize a man from 1400 years ago to be a prophet.  You are comparing apples with bananas with oranges.  Because the comparisons do not make sense as you have presented them, I have to say there is no answer.

 

Reply: I ask this because if he is son of God and died for our sins and we must recognized all this to be saved so what about those people came to the earth before Jesus (pbuh) will go to hell, never got the chance to be saved by recognizing Jesus (pbuh) as savior and they wonít get any benefit of his sacrifies.This theory got no truth in it, you look if from any angle one will find it full of flows my friend.

 

Quote: - do not know the circumstances of Muhammadís death.  Did the Jews put Muhammad to death, also?

 

No Prophet Muhammad died his natural death. Actually what I means by saying this these isrealities or Jews are  son of God so do hindu, muslims and any other human who came on earth send by Almighty. Then why Jesus (pbuh) is a savior only for those who believe on him as christen do. According to yours theory ďpunishment for sin is death ďAnd the scarifies of Jesus (pbuh) is for our sin, so why Christians will save only and not others. We might be doing a greater sin in not believing Jesus as savior according to the Christians theory, but why canít Jesus(pbuh) Scarifies cannot save us from hell. This shows that this is a new criteria comes for salvation to be saved from hell and go to heaven. It was never there before Jesus (pbuh).The last Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) never endorsed these criteria rather holding same criteria for salvation as was always there. You donít want to accept it this is yours choice but anybody who is serious about finding a true religion this is one of the hurdle in Christianity will stop him to accept Christianity as his religion.

 

Quote: - is it so great a jump in understanding to know that Jesus, who is one and the same as Allah, only in human form, could take the punishment for our sin so we donít have to?

 

Reply:-No you donít have to and all the Christians but I and rest of the non Christians which forms 78% of humanity still have to die, What a tragedy that so power God the creator of all universe creator hell and heaven, his death in human form cannot save the all humanity only 22% .On the other hand devil with no scarifies managed to take 78%.You need to start the lesson from beginning, your post have lots of flaws which are demanding the major repair work my friend. I donít have good writing skill as you have and unable to write whatever I which to.

 

Quote: What makes it even simpler to understand is that if we do not belong to Allah, then we default to belonging to the devil.

 

Reply:-Here I am quite agreed with you. Allah have send us here on this earth to test our self that who belief in Him and follow the way of life as told by His messengers. Devil is created by Allah himself whoís role is to mislead us from Allah way of life. He cannot hold our hand and mislead us but can give us misleading ideas in our mind only. There is always attraction in sins, we got to save our self from his misleading ideas and follow the way of our messenger. Some time we may fall on his trap and may commit sins. What to do now this is also told by his messenger that ask forgiveness to Allah of yours sins no matter how big and how much they are but sincerity is required from heart, Allah will forgive all of yours sins. Allah doesnít have to die for our sins. Doesnít this make sense to you?

 

 

May Allah show me and you the right path.

 

Usmani

 

 



-------------
Engage your self in good deeds,otherswise yours nafs will engage you in bad deeds


Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 03 October 2011 at 3:31pm
Jack, I am still waiting to see you respond to brother Usmani's question to you:" suppose you are the King of some country and people there keep breaking the laws and you are very kind towards yours people and wish to forgave them what you will do 1) Kill your son for their mistake and forgave them or 2)you will just forgave them without killing your son.Ē
I don't see you gave any direct answer to a very valid question there.
Also, I don't agree that wage of every sin is death. What is the punishment according to the bible for a thief, who steals a cup for example vs one who steals a gold brick. What is the punishment for an adulterer vs a rapist?
What Justice means to you? If these are too challenging for you just most importantly I would like you to address Br. Usmani's question I mentioned above.
Hasan



-------------
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"



Print Page | Close Window