Say No Evil, Do No Evil
Printed From: IslamiCity.com
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups Youth
Forum Discription: Groups Youth
Printed Date: 24 October 2014 at 9:43pm
Topic: Say No Evil, Do No Evil
Posted By: seekshidayath
Subject: Say No Evil, Do No Evil
Date Posted: 26 February 2011 at 2:37am
For the subject, Kitab al-Ilm, a list has been compiled from Al Huda students' homework on sins committed by the tongue and hands.
In a hadith of the Prophet (s.a.w):
Abu Musa (r.a) narrated that some people asked the Prophet (s.a.w): "Whose Islam is the best?" He, Prophet (s.a.w) replied, "The person from whose tongue and hands the Muslims are safe." [Bukhari]
How do we hurt others with our words?
· Back biting
· Hurting someone
· Telling lies
· Judging others
· False praises
· Name calling
· Blaming others
How do we hurt others with our actions?
· Hitting others
· Writing bad things about others
· Stealing from someone
· Cheating someone
· Text messaging hurtful messages
· Calling someone with intent to hurt
· Taking our frustration on people
· Pushing others and not waiting for your turn
· Bad driving
· Snatching things
· Insulting other drivers on the road
· Leaving things in the wrong place
· Leaving the sink and toilet dirty
· Disturbing others
· Disrespecting the young and/or the old
We should strive to avoid all sins of the tongue and the hands. We can set targets to increase in our good deeds which will lessen our sins.
Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: All the descendants of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent."