Writer's Alliance announces our 2nd Annual Islamic Fiction Contest. One
of the express purposes of the IWA is to promote Islamic Fiction. Our
annual Islamic Fiction contest is an opportunity for writers to present
their stories for critical review and reward of cash prizes for the
winners of each category, in addition to having their name and title of
the winning work on the IWA’s website home page, with a link for viewing
the complete winning work. Our contest this year begins October 20 and
runs through to November 20, 2010. Winners will be announced and awarded
in December 2010. Guidelines for submission are listed below. We pray
both published and budding writers participate in the contest, as we
look forward to your entries.
Fiction Contest Submission Guidelines
winners will be selected and each receive a $50 cash award and
All submissions to the Islamic Writer's Alliance 2nd Annual
Islamic Fiction Contest must conform to the following general
guidelines. Stories that do not adhere to these standards will be
automatically disqualified from the competition.
· Islamic Fiction must be Islamic in theme in nature
· The 2010 Islamic Fiction contest will run from October 20,
2010 to November 20, 2010.
· Entries must be fictional in nature. The story may be based
on true events, but should not be a narrative report. Contestants
should refer to the official definition of Islamic Fiction found at http://www.islamicfictionbooks.com/ - www.IslamicFictionBooks.com
· The Islamic Fiction Contest has 3 categories of submission
o IWA Members –
o Adults – authors 18 and over who are not members of IWA
o Youth – authors between the ages of 13 and 17
Maximum of 1 submission per individual
· Entries cannot exceed 2,000 words in length
may be of any genre, including but not limited to: adventure, comic,
crime, detective, fantasy, family historical fiction, mystery, romance,
Entries must be on 6th grade reading level or above. Entries
submitted by adults for a child reader will not be accepted.
· Entries cannot include any graphics or illustrations
accompanying or inserted within story.
· Entries that have won previously cannot be resubmitted
· Entries will only be accepted as plain text (ASCII) format in
the body of email as an attachment in Microsoft Word or as a PDF
· Entries must be in Times New Roman 12 point Font size with
1-inch margins on top, bottom and sides. They must be single spaced with
clear paragraph indents/separation.
· All entries must be submitted via email
· All entries must be submitted to mailto:storyco[email protected]?subject=IF%20Contest%20Submission - [email protected]
· All entries must include authors' name, category, email
address, mailing address and phone number and title of short story
· Any entry from youth aged 13-17 must also include a statement
from a parent or legal guardian authorizing the IWA's public use of the
story on the website
· Teachers may NOT submit `class' short stories. Students must
submit individual submissions, complete with their own email address and
· Entries are the legal property of the author
· Plagiarized entries will be disqualified. Signed permissions
from copyright owners must be included with Entries that refer to or
have quotes from other authors, books, or copyrighted material within
· Entries may NOT include sexually explicit references, demean
or defame any group, advocate violence or illegal drug use.
· IWA retains the right to disqualify and reject submissions
**For more about the contest or the organization, please visit the website: www.islamicwritersalliance.net