Print Page | Close Window

Miracle of The Kaaba

Printed From: IslamiCity.com
Category: Religion - Islam
Forum Name: Interfaith Dialogue
Forum Discription: It is for Interfaith dialogue, where Muslims discuss with non-Muslims. We encourge that dialogue takes place in a cordial atmosphere on various topics including religious tolerance.
URL: http://www.IslamiCity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=14563
Printed Date: 22 November 2014 at 10:17pm


Topic: Miracle of The Kaaba
Posted By: FahadKhan
Subject: Miracle of The Kaaba
Date Posted: 19 April 2009 at 11:55am
Salaam alaikum all.

Found this very interesting: http://www.holymysteries.com/ - http://www.holymysteries.com/

Check it out.


Miracle of The Kaaba: THE WORLD’S GOLDEN RATIO POINT



http://vimeo.com/3206907 - Miracle of Kaaba - English Version from http://vimeo.com/user491211 - Erdem Cetinkaya on http://vimeo.com/ - Vimeo .

Demo for Cinema Film Are you ready for revival?


1.618 :

Number of Golden Ratio, mystery of Kaaba, Miracle of Islam and Koran, it is the high time for Divine Secrets, Divine Mysteries. Soon on display!


In a little while, you will see scientific proofs of unbelievable mysteries that have remained hidden in the Holy City of Mecca for thousand of years with your own eyes. Mecca is willed as direction of kowtow, convention place for billions of Muslims and as the holy center of Islam. Those Muslims, who can afford, are prescribed to arrive go on a journey through Kaaba, Muzdelife and Arafat and to convene in the sacred city.


Phi Constant- 1.618, superior design number of mathematics. The Creator has always used the very same number in numerous events in the universe; in our heart pulses, the aspect ratio of DNA spiral, in the special design of the universe called dodecehadron, in the leaf array rules of plants called phylotaxy, in the snow flake crystals, in the spiral structure of numerous galaxies. The Creator used the same number; the number of golden ratio which is 1.618…


It is determined that this ratio has been used for the design of various reputable architectural structures, even including Pyramids in Egypt. Famous astronomer Kepler defined this number as a great treasury. Numerous famous painters, engineers and architects, like Leonardo Da Vinci, have been using this ratio in their works of art for hundreds of years.


As a result of his 25 years long study, aesthetician Dr. Steven Markout proves that each of human faces and bodies, created pursuant to this ratio, are completely beautiful. If the relative ratio is 1.618 for the components of any structure, then this form will be convenient to Golden Ratio, the perfect design.


So, where is the Golden Ratio Point of the World?


The proportion of distance between Mecca and North Pole to the distance between Mecca and South Pole is exactly 1.618 which is the golden mean. Moreover, the proportion of the distance between South Pole and Mecca to the distance between both poles is again 1.618.


The miracle has not been completed yet; The Golden Ratio Point of the World is in Mecca city according to map of latitude and longitude which is the common determinant of mankind for location.


The proportion of eastern distance to the western distance of Mecca’s solstice line is again 1.618. Moreover, as shown in the Figure, the proportion of the distance from Mecca to the solstice line from the west side and perimeter of world at that latitude is also surprisingly equal to the golden ratio, 1.618. The Golden Ratio Point of the World is always within the city borders of Mecca, within the Holy Region that includes Kaaba according to all mapping systems despite minor kilometrical variations in their estimations.

At home, you can precisely measure the distance between any two points of World by means of Google World’s ruler feature. If you wish, you can easily verify the correctness of the given ratios by calculating latitudes and longitudes or even by using a simple calculator. In drawings, you initially see how to locate start and finish points on Mecca city and North Pole. With respect to positive longitude and latitude values and by taking drift angle to the land, but not to the sea, the single Golden Ratio Point of the World is Mecca.


Phi matrix program is an American program used for displaying golden ratio of pictures and drawings. If we assume the longitude and latitude map of the World as an everlasting painting which has an endless depth, and open it in this program, we will find out that the Golden Ratio Point of the World is the City of Mecca.


Miracles go on…


Golden Ratio Miracle in the Verse, Mecca of Koran.


There is one unique verse in Koran that includes Mecca word and an expression that mentions clear evidences within the city which will grant faith to humanity. The relation between the City of Mecca and the Golden Ratio is clearly engraved in Ali Imran Surah’s (section of Koran) 96th verse. The total number of all letters of this verse is 47. Calculating the golden ratio of total letters, we find out that the word of Mecca is implied; 47 / 1,618 = 29.0. There are 29 letters from the beginning of the verse till the word, Mecca just as in the world map. If only one single word or letter was missing, this ratio could never been constituted. Without pushing the limits, we have conducted the very same process that we conducted on world map and witnessed the glorious coherence of number of letters that reveals the relation of Mecca and Golden Ratio.


All these evidences show that; The Creator of the World and mathematics is the same One and Single God, the indefinable and great force that has created Kaaba, holy region and Koran. He reminds whole humanity that he has granted signs to all humanity on the basis of his foreknowledge about the future and the common languages of humans.


Discoveries regarding the relation between Golden Ratio, Mecca, Kaaba and Koran have been increasing day by day. In the figure, it is indicated that measurements by golden ratio compass that is also known as Leonardo compass, prove that Mecca city is located on the Golden Ratio Point of Arabia while Kaaba is located on the Golden Ratio of Mecca City. According to probability calculations, all these proofs can not be incidental.


Try to survive until Summer, 2009. You will witness to miraculous news in holy books, Golden Ratio Point of the World, great mysteries about Jesus the Christ and Hz. Mohammed (SAV) with their scientific proofs.

This discovery is made by the 3d graphic artist, director who made some works that are world-wide famous, http://www.erdemcetinkaya.com/ - Erdem Çetinkaya. Right now his work of documentary-movie which includes the miracle of Kaaba and the miracles named http://www.holymysteries.com/ - “Holy Mysteries”.










Replies:
Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 20 April 2009 at 6:33am
Waalaikum salam Fahad.

Thanks for this article. I had linked this article in my Facebook so that all my friends and relatives could read it.

Salam.


-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.


Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 20 April 2009 at 6:26pm

The proportion of distance between Mecca and North Pole to the distance between Mecca and South Pole is exactly 1.618 which is the golden mean. Moreover, the proportion of the distance between South Pole and Mecca to the distance between both poles is again 1.618.

This is actually the same "miracle", because the defining property of the Golden Ratio (phi) is that if A/B=phi, then (A+B)/A=phi.  The same can be said for claim about the solstice lines: without going into the details, the solstice positions can be mathematically derived from the latitude.

But I'm afraid Allah is not a very good surveyor -- He is out by about sixteen miles.

The angular distance between the poles is 180 degrees.  If you divide that by phi you get 111.246 degrees, or 21.246 degrees north latitude.  Unfortunately, Mecca is at 21 degrees 29 minutes, or 21.483 degrees.  The difference is 0.237 degrees, which works out to about 16 miles.  The Golden Ratio Point of the World is well outside the boundaries of Mecca.

Sorry.

P.S.: Kaalawai Beach in Honolulu is within a few hundred yards of it, though.  Better climate, too. Smile


-------------
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.


Posted By: Doo-bop
Date Posted: 21 April 2009 at 3:11am
Originally posted by Ron Webb

The proportion of distance between Mecca and North Pole to the distance between Mecca and South Pole is exactly 1.618 which is the golden mean. Moreover, the proportion of the distance between South Pole and Mecca to the distance between both poles is again 1.618.
This is actually the same "miracle", because the defining property of the Golden Ratio (phi) is that if A/B=phi, then (A+B)/A=phi.  The same can be said for claim about the solstice lines: without going into the details, the solstice positions can be mathematically derived from the latitude.

But I'm afraid Allah is not a very good surveyor -- He is out by about sixteen miles.

The angular distance between the poles is 180 degrees.  If you divide that by phi you get 111.246 degrees, or 21.246 degrees north latitude.  Unfortunately, Mecca is at 21 degrees 29 minutes, or 21.483 degrees.  The difference is 0.237 degrees, which works out to about 16 miles.  The Golden Ratio Point of the World is well outside the boundaries of Mecca.

Sorry.

P.S.: Kaalawai Beach in Honolulu is within a few hundred yards of it, though.  Better climate, too. Smile
 
Bang goes another "miracle"
 
LOL


-------------
"Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world" - John the Baptizer (John 1:29)


Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 4:33am
If the Muslim world were to control the main stream media, I bet the Muslim population would be increasing in leaps and bounds.
 
As it is the information in the internet in regards to the Miracles of Allah Our Creator, is spreading like wild fire catching not only laymen, but intellectuals who made use of their intellect. For example the splitting of the moon which scientist had recently found out and was stated clearly in Surah Al-Qamar.
 
And Ron if the Muslim scientists have the power in the mainstream media like the Zionists scientists, I bet, this news would have been a source of conversion to Islam, for many non-Muslims.
 
 


-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.


Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 22 April 2009 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi

For example the splitting of the moon which scientist had recently found out and was stated clearly in Surah Al-Qamar.

I am familiar with the alleged "splitting of the moon", but to what recent finding are you referring?



-------------
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.


Posted By: honeto
Date Posted: 23 April 2009 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb

The proportion of distance between Mecca and North Pole to the distance between Mecca and South Pole is exactly 1.618 which is the golden mean. Moreover, the proportion of the distance between South Pole and Mecca to the distance between both poles is again 1.618.
This is actually the same "miracle", because the defining property of the Golden Ratio (phi) is that if A/B=phi, then (A+B)/A=phi.  The same can be said for claim about the solstice lines: without going into the details, the solstice positions can be mathematically derived from the latitude.

But I'm afraid Allah is not a very good surveyor -- He is out by about sixteen miles.

The angular distance between the poles is 180 degrees.  If you divide that by phi you get 111.246 degrees, or 21.246 degrees north latitude.  Unfortunately, Mecca is at 21 degrees 29 minutes, or 21.483 degrees.  The difference is 0.237 degrees, which works out to about 16 miles.  The Golden Ratio Point of the World is well outside the boundaries of Mecca.

Sorry.

P.S.: Kaalawai Beach in Honolulu is within a few hundred yards of it, though.  Better climate, too. Smile

 

 
 
Ron,
all of this is a bit too much for my head now, as it has been years that I studied university. One thing that does come to mind which is very related to this is (regardless if this is really so or just a coincidence) the magnetic poles of the earth are not permanent. I learned that while being a geology student. In other words they are constantly, slowly though, changing and that the few miles difference you calculated could be due to just that?
 
Hasan


-------------
39:64 Proclaim: Is it some one other than God that you order me to worship, O you ignorant ones?"


Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 23 April 2009 at 6:47pm

Originally posted by honeto

Ron,
all of this is a bit too much for my head now, as it has been years that I studied university. One thing that does come to mind which is very related to this is (regardless if this is really so or just a coincidence) the magnetic poles of the earth are not permanent. I learned that while being a geology student. In other words they are constantly, slowly though, changing and that the few miles difference you calculated could be due to just that?

The magnetic poles do move, but that has nothing to do with latitude and longitude.  You could argue continental drift, but that's far too slow; and anyway, is the Miracle of the Kaaba some passing thing that was true for a short time and then drifted off?  Is that the best Allah could do?



-------------
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.


Posted By: JOUBERAR
Date Posted: 27 September 2009 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Nur_Ilahi

If the Muslim world were to control the main stream media, I bet the Muslim population would be increasing in leaps and bounds.
 
As it is the information in the internet in regards to the Miracles of Allah Our Creator, is spreading like wild fire catching not only laymen, but intellectuals who made use of their intellect. For example the splitting of the moon which scientist had recently found out and was stated clearly in Surah Al-Qamar.
 
And Ron if the Muslim scientists have the power in the mainstream media like the Zionists scientists, I bet, this news would have been a source of conversion to Islam, for many non-Muslims.
 
 
 
What do you define under the terms miracles?
 
All the stories of such 'miracles' were invented wholesale years later by his followers in the Ahadith***

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 1.454        Narrated byAnas bin Malik
Two of the companions of the Prophet departed from him on a dark night and were led by two lights like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when they parted, each of them was accompanied by one of these lights till he reached their (respective) houses.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 4.831        Narrated byAnas
That the Meccan people requested Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle, and so he showed them the splitting of the moon.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 5.208        Narrated byAnas bin Malik
The people of Mecca asked Allah's Apostle to show them a miracle. So he showed them the moon split in two halves between which they saw the Hiram' mountain.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 6.387        Narrated byIbn Masud
During the lifetime of Allah's Apostle the moon was split into two parts; one part remained over the mountain, and the other part went beyond the mountain. On that, Allah's Apostle said, "Witness this miracle."

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 6.388        Narrated byAbdullah
The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the company of the Prophet, and it became two parts. The Prophet said, "Witness, witness (this miracle)."

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 6.390        Narrated byAnas
The people of Mecca asked the Prophet to show them a sign (miracle). So he showed them (the miracle) of the cleaving of the moon.

Sahih Al-Bukhari HadithHadith 8.115        Narrated byAnas
A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us." The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

       *** The 'story' of the alleged miracle of the splitting of the moon - a cosmic event of catastrophic significance- was only observed in Arabia and only by Muhammad and his entourage in Mecca.

       None of the great civilizations of the time were able to observe this event nor were they aware of it to report it. Presumably, the moon was eventually put together.

        These stories of alleged miracles were invented by his followers years after his death to make him appear superhuman and semi divine despite the fact that both the Quran and other Ahadith firmly deny that Muhammad was able to perform any miracles ***
 


Posted By: _ALI_
Date Posted: 28 September 2009 at 5:32am
Salam Jouberar
My statements are normal, not bolded/coloured/in italics in the following.
What do you define under the terms miracles?
 
All the stories of such 'miracles' were invented wholesale years later by his followers in the Ahadith***
You don't have any proof of that, it is just a baseless allegation. Furthermore, prophet Muhammad never said that you should believe in Islam because of the miracles. The fact remains that as evident from the stories of Moses and Jesus, miracles are never a requirement for a true believer and they never suffice for a non-believer. But still, prophet Muhammad performed many miracles to strengthen the beliefs of Muslims at that time. Even then, Muslim preachers rarely use miracles of the prophet as a basis of calling towards Islam (unlike our Christian brethren)
 
.*** The 'story' of the alleged miracle of the splitting of the moon - a cosmic event of catastrophic significance-
I agree that the splitting of the moon has catastrophic significance, like splitting a sea in two and curing leprosy miraculously. All miracles have catastrophic significances but the possible catastrophies which could follow can also be controlled by God.
was only observed in Arabia and only by Muhammad and his entourage in Mecca.

       None of the great civilizations of the time were able to observe this event nor were they aware of it to report it. Presumably, the moon was eventually put together.
First of, not every civilization was able to view it because when there was night at Arabia, there was day at the other half of the world. And the moon did not remained split the whole night. Still we have reports of the miracles being observed in India.
 

The incident relating to King Chakrawati Farmas is documented in an old manuscript in the India Office Library, London, which has reference number: Arabic, 2807, 152-173. It is quoted in the book “Muhammad Rasulullah,” by M. Hamidullah:

 

“There is a very old tradition in Malabar, South-West Coast of India, that Chakrawati Farmas, one of their kings, had observed the splitting of the moon, the celebrated miracle of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) at Mecca, and learning on inquiry that there was http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/prophhs.html#mahamad0 - a prediction of the coming of a Messenger of God from Arabia , he appointed his son as regent and set out to meet him. He embraced Islam at the hand of the Prophet, and when returning home, at the direction of the Prophet, died at the port of Zafar, Yemen, where the tomb of the “Indian king” was piously visited for many centuries.”

The old manuscript in the 'India Office Library' contains several other details about King Chakrawati Farmas and his travel.

Copied from http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/farmas.html - http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/farmas.html :
 
These stories of alleged miracles were invented by his followers years after his death to make him appear superhuman and semi divine
No Muslim will ever say that prophet Muhammad was divine. No prophet has ever performed a miracle, instead Allah has performed it through that prophet. Even according to the Bible, Jesus Christ never performed any miracles. God performed them.  
Acts 2:22
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
despite the fact that both the Quran and other Ahadith firmly deny that Muhammad was able to perform any miracles ***
Quran and hadith firmly deny that all prophets including Muhammad, Jesus, Moses etc were unable to perform any miracles. God is the one who performs miracles through his prophets.
Peace
 


Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 28 September 2009 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by _ALI_

These stories of alleged miracles were invented by his followers years after his death to make him appear superhuman and semi divine

Indeed, how easily Muslims fall into the sin of Shirk!

-------------
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.


Posted By: _ALI_
Date Posted: 28 September 2009 at 10:39pm
I never said that. I was only quoting Jouberar. And read my reply. Like I said, no Muslim will ever say that prophet Muhammad was divine. No prophet has ever performed a miracle, instead Allah has performed it through that prophet


Posted By: Akhe Abdullah
Date Posted: 28 September 2009 at 11:02pm
He has returned to this topic after being gone for five months, only to slander a Muslim of commiting shirk,Amazing!Humanism!


Posted By: JOUBERAR
Date Posted: 02 October 2009 at 12:49am
Originally posted by _ALI_

Salam Jouberar
My statements are normal, not bolded/coloured/in italics in the following.
What do you define under the terms miracles?
 
All the stories of such 'miracles' were invented wholesale years later by his followers in the Ahadith***
You don't have any proof of that, it is just a baseless allegation. Furthermore, prophet Muhammad never said that you should believe in Islam because of the miracles. The fact remains that as evident from the stories of Moses and Jesus, miracles are never a requirement for a true believer and they never suffice for a non-believer. But still, prophet Muhammad performed many miracles to strengthen the beliefs of Muslims at that time. Even then, Muslim preachers rarely use miracles of the prophet as a basis of calling towards Islam (unlike our Christian brethren)
 
.*** The 'story' of the alleged miracle of the splitting of the moon - a cosmic event of catastrophic significance-
I agree that the splitting of the moon has catastrophic significance, like splitting a sea in two and curing leprosy miraculously. All miracles have catastrophic significances but the possible catastrophies which could follow can also be controlled by God.
was only observed in Arabia and only by Muhammad and his entourage in Mecca.

       None of the great civilizations of the time were able to observe this event nor were they aware of it to report it. Presumably, the moon was eventually put together.
First of, not every civilization was able to view it because when there was night at Arabia, there was day at the other half of the world. And the moon did not remained split the whole night. Still we have reports of the miracles being observed in India.
 

The incident relating to King Chakrawati Farmas is documented in an old manuscript in the India Office Library, London, which has reference number: Arabic, 2807, 152-173. It is quoted in the book “Muhammad Rasulullah,” by M. Hamidullah:

 

“There is a very old tradition in Malabar, South-West Coast of India, that Chakrawati Farmas, one of their kings, had observed the splitting of the moon, the celebrated miracle of the Holy Prophet (pbuh) at Mecca, and learning on inquiry that there was http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/prophhs.html#mahamad0 - a prediction of the coming of a Messenger of God from Arabia , he appointed his son as regent and set out to meet him. He embraced Islam at the hand of the Prophet, and when returning home, at the direction of the Prophet, died at the port of Zafar, Yemen, where the tomb of the “Indian king” was piously visited for many centuries.”

The old manuscript in the 'India Office Library' contains several other details about King Chakrawati Farmas and his travel.

Copied from http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/farmas.html - http://www.cyberistan.org/islamic/farmas.html :
 
These stories of alleged miracles were invented by his followers years after his death to make him appear superhuman and semi divine
No Muslim will ever say that prophet Muhammad was divine. No prophet has ever performed a miracle, instead Allah has performed it through that prophet. Even according to the Bible, Jesus Christ never performed any miracles. God performed them.  
Acts 2:22
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
despite the fact that both the Quran and other Ahadith firmly deny that Muhammad was able to perform any miracles ***
Quran and hadith firmly deny that all prophets including Muhammad, Jesus, Moses etc were unable to perform any miracles. God is the one who performs miracles through his prophets.
Peace
 
 
The amazing and wonderful phenomenon of the splitting of the Moon was a manifest sign of the truth that the Resurrection, of which the Holy Prophet was giving them the news, could take place and that it had approached near at hand. The great sphere of the Moon had split into two distinct parts in front of their very eyes. The two parts had separated and receded so much apart from each other that to the on-lookers one part had appeared on one side of the mountain and the other on the other side of it. Then, in an instant the two had rejoined.

However, there are several problems with this story.

The main problem is that it contradicts the Qur'an itself. In various places Muhammad admitted he could not or did not have to perform miracles to prove himself. When asked to perform miracles his response was:

Glory be to my Lord; am I aught but a mortal messenger? Quran 17:93

Moiz Amjad, a scholar that answers questions for Understanding-Islam.com says ( http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.aspx?type=question&qid=1226 - here ), “I have not yet come across any historical accounts of other nations, which refer to the incident.” He thinks this is “a sign of the promised hour.”

Curiously the same site contradicts itself ( http://www.understanding-islam.com/related/text.aspx?type=rarticle&raid=170&sscatid=72 - here ) and claims that in fact a certain king of India observed the splitting of the Moon and he sent his son to Mecca who converted to Islam and upon returning he died in Yemen.

This story is of course another fabrication of Muslims (as proven http://www.spanish.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49069&view=previous&sid=badfb0a481f20ec6858c05c58bcc0078 - here ). Muslims are fond of fabricating stories to attribute Miracles to their prophet. They do it all the time. One such ridiculous fabrication was the claim that the astronauts who landed on the Moon heard the adhan (Muslim call to prayer) being chanted there. (Please see: http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Neil_Armstrong - Fake Conversions - Neil Armstrong ) There are thousands more.

First of all there is no record that any King of India ever visited Muhammad. This is not mentioned in any biography of Muhammad.

Secondly the splitting of the Moon should have been observed by everyone all over the world and not just by one king. Where is the record of such a phenomenon?

Thirdly, assuming that this Indian king saw the splitting of the Moon, how could he interpret this alleged cosmic phenomenon as the sign that there has appeared a new prophet in Mecca? Muslims claim that Indian scriptures contain predictions about the coming of a messenger from Arabia. This is bull. There is no mention of Muhammad in any sacred book of any religion.

Many Muslims are convinced that this phenomenon has indeed happened. They are shown these close-up pictures of the Moon taken by NASA as the evidence and as gullible as they naturally are, they believe without any hesitation.

  http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/File:Rilles1.jpg">         http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/File:Rilles4.jpg">
 
These are called Lunar Rilles. Rilles are long and deep gorges resembling canyons. A rille is typically several kilometers wide and hundreds of kilometers in length. Similar formations are found on a number of planets in the solar system, including Mars, Venus, and on a number of moons.
 


Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 03 October 2009 at 3:05pm

I apologize for any offense.  To be honest, it never occurred to me that anyone would take my remark as slander.  The Christian tradition (which is my heritage but not my faith) is that we are all sinners, so we accept it as a simple fact, not a slander.  What I meant to say is that Muslims are prone to make the mistake of treating Muhammad as a partner to Allah -- a junior partner, certainly, but a partner nonetheless.  (And I hope it is not considered slanderous to suggest that someone might be mistaken.)

Rather than prolonging this digression, I will start a new discussion, called "Muhammad as a partner with Allah".



-------------
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.


Posted By: Sign*Reader
Date Posted: 03 October 2009 at 9:49pm
***


-------------
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.


Posted By: Meditations
Date Posted: 14 October 2009 at 12:18pm
AsSalam Alaykoum

The movie this post about can be viewed here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkNR3Cq0Vg

Something that's worth noting about similar information we receive

There should be a clear distinction between what is given to us in a form of revelation, and human efforts

God didn't tell us Ka'aba is at the center of the earth, nor did Prophet Muhammad ( PBUH )
This is a human effort that's subject to being right or wrong

I advice everyone to always check / verify information they receive with any information they receive and especially with regards to such information described as miracles, for I think there're several fake/wrong one's as there're many genuine one's
There's probably some faked by non-muslims, which unfortunately some muslims fail into believing / spreading

But this one seems to be true after verification though

Originally posted by Ron Webb

The angular distance between the poles is 180 degrees.  If you divide that by phi you get 111.246 degrees, or 21.246 degrees north latitude.  Unfortunately, Mecca is at 21 degrees 29 minutes, or 21.483 degrees.  The difference is 0.237 degrees, which works out to about 16 miles.  The Golden Ratio Point of the World is well outside the boundaries of Mecca.

Sorry.



No need to be sorry for wanting to show the truth Ron,
but it seems Doo-bop and JOEBERAR won't get a laugh

I wonder where you get these coordinates from

My google earth seems to show different readings 

Ka'aba boundaries are between 21°25'21.27"N and 21°25'20.98"N
( My bookmark is  21°25'21.11"N and  39°49'34.28"E )

So the difference is not 0.237 but something around .04 degrees only ,
How much in distance would that be ? I think about 2 miles / 4.4 km ?

This I guess would make the Golden ration point within the boundaries of Makka for sure

But it doesn't stop at this
could Ka'aba itself be the location of the Golden ration point ?

Checking here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latitude#Degree_length

there's an interesting table that shows that the surface distance per 1° change in latitude differ from one location to the other
being 110.574 km at latittude 0 and 111.694 km at latitude 90 

Geography isn't my cup of tea, but I would assume since we're calculating using latitude lines that are not constant, there's a big possibility that even these 2 miles could be compensated for ?

In the movie, they are showing distance in kilometers , which is 12348.32 and 7631.68
This conforms with the golden ratio

I hope someone who knows maths and geography better than me can shed more light into this

So far, it seems pretty close to me

12:21 : .... For God prevails in His affairs, But most people do not comprehend .

Regards



Posted By: Ron Webb
Date Posted: 17 October 2009 at 6:34am

Originally posted by Meditations

Ka'aba boundaries are between 21°25'21.27"N and 21°25'20.98"N
( My bookmark is  21°25'21.11"N and  39°49'34.28"E )

So the difference is not 0.237 but something around .04 degrees only ,
How much in distance would that be ? I think about 2 miles / 4.4 km ?

I'm not sure where I got my figure from.  I might have just estimated it from a map, so I may have been out by a few minutes, but it doesn't make much difference.  Using your numbers, 21 degrees 25 minutes 21 seconds = 21.4225 degrees.  Subtract that from the Golden Ratio Point of the World latitude of 21.246 degrees and you still have an error of 0.1765 degrees, or about 12 miles (or about four hours by camel Smile).



-------------
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.



Print Page | Close Window