Print Page | Close Window

Favorite Hadith about Women

Printed From: IslamiCity.com
Category: Culture & Community
Forum Name: Groups – Women (Sisters)
Forum Discription: Groups – Women (Sisters)
URL: http://www.IslamiCity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11850
Printed Date: 01 September 2014 at 5:02am

Topic: Favorite Hadith about Women
Posted By: Angela
Subject: Favorite Hadith about Women
Date Posted: 20 February 2008 at 6:42am
Lets share our favorite Ayah and Hadith about women.

My friend sent this one to me.

WOMEN IN ISLAM : Prophet Mohammed (Peace & Mercy of GOD Be Upon Him) Defined it very Beautifully: Be careful-do not make a woman cry, because Allah (SWT) counts her tears. A WOMAN CAME OUT OF A MANS RIB. NOT FROM HIS FEET TO BE WALKED ON, NOT FROM HIS HEAD TO BE SUPERIOR OVER, BUT FROM HIS SIDE TO BE EQUAL, UNDER THE ARM TO BE PROTECTED AND NEXT TO THE HEART TO BE LOVED

Replies:
Posted By: Alwardah
Date Posted: 21 February 2008 at 5:53am

Thanks Angela for sharing this beautiful Hadith with us.

Thank your friend too on our behalf.

-------------
“Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An’am 6:165)
"Indeed, we belong to Allah and to Him is our return" (Surah Baqarah 2: 155)

Posted By: Nur_Ilahi
Date Posted: 24 February 2008 at 6:49am

The world and all things in it are valuable; but the most valuable thing in the world is a virtuous woman.

The best women are the virtuous; they are the most affectionate to infants, and the most careful of their husband's property.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 24 February 2008 at 11:36am

Originally posted by Angela

Lets share our favorite Ayah and Hadith about women.

My friend sent this one to me.

WOMEN IN ISLAM : Prophet Mohammed (Peace & Mercy of GOD Be Upon Him) Defined it very Beautifully:

Is there a reference for this "hadith" which has been attributed to the Messenger of Allah?

Date Posted: 25 February 2008 at 12:30am
It was sent to me by a friend.  He did not give me the narrator or anything like that.  I searched the website and found this on several pages but they do not list any of the narrators. 

-------------

Date Posted: 25 February 2008 at 6:13am

Heaven lieth at the feet of mothers.

"O Messenger of God! Verily I have done a great crime; is there any act by which I may repent?" He said, "Have you a mother?" "No," said the questioner. "Have you an aunt?" asked Muhammad. He said, "Yes, I have." Muhammad said, "Go, do good to her, and your crime will be pardoned."

I and a woman whose color and cheeks shall have become black from toiling in the sun shall be near to one another in the next world as my two fingers; and that is a handsome widow, whose color and cheeks shall have become black in bringing up her family.

-------------
Ilahi Anta Maksudi, Wa Redhaka Mathlubi - Oh Allah, You are my destination, Your Pleasure is my Intention.

Date Posted: 25 February 2008 at 7:49am

As Salamu Alaikum

This Hadith (the one sister Angela posted) like the one "Paradise under the mother's feet" are listed under "weak" hadith, but are quoted from time to time by many scholars past and present.

And Allah knows best.

Salams

-------------
“Verily your Lord is quick in punishment; yet He is indeed Oft-Forgiving Most Merciful (Surah Al-An’am 6:165)

Posted By: abuayisha
Date Posted: 25 February 2008 at 9:59pm

Originally posted by Alwardah

This Hadith (the one sister Angela posted) like the one "Paradise under the mother's feet" are listed under "weak" hadith, but are quoted from time to time by many scholars past and present.

With reference to the one Angela posted, which scholars have quoted it and who has listed it weak?

Date Posted: 26 February 2008 at 4:56am

As Salamu Alaikum

Brother Abuayisha, it seems to me that you know more about this Hadith that Sis Angela posted so please share the facts with us.

This Hadith and the one about Paradise at your mother's feet and Seeking knowledge even if one has to go to China are Ahadith which I have heard all my life and now I am being told that they are weak and we should not use then.

So please if you have any solid evidence please share it with us either way, weak or Fabricated or whatever.

Presently I don't have any references but I have read heard them and read them many times.

Sister Angela, maybe you can put the links where you read them recently for brother Abuayisha so he can check them out.

Jazakallahu Khairan for your efforts to clear a misconception/misquote.

Salams

-------------

Date Posted: 26 February 2008 at 6:32am
60:12. O Prophet! when believing women come to you giving you a pledge that they will not associate aught with Allah, and will not steal, and will not commit fornication, and will not kill their children, and will not bring a calumny which they have forged of themselves, and will not disobey you in what is good, accept their pledge, and ask forgiveness for them from Allah; surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful.

-------------

Date Posted: 02 March 2008 at 5:36am

Admonish your wives with kindness.

A Muslim must not hate his wife; and if he be displeased with one bad quality in her, then let him be pleased with another that is good.

Do you beat your own wife as you would a slave? That must you not do.

I (Muaviyah b. Haidah) said, "O Apostle of God! What is my duty to my wife?" He said, "That you give her to eat as you eat yourself, and clothe her as you clothe yourself; and do not slap her in the face nor abuse her, nor separate yourself from her in displeasure.

Give your wife good counsel; and if she has goodness in her, she will soon take it, and leave off idle talking; and do not beat your noble wife like a slave.

-------------

Date Posted: 03 March 2008 at 12:50am
Well, considering this was passed to me by a young man, I am certain he is no scholar.  Nimish is a bright caring young man, but definitely not a Sheik.

I would say Google it.  That's all I did.

I really don't understand the problem here. Perhaps it is a weak hadith, I wouldn't know.  I mean, its well known that I'm non-Muslim.  However, the words definitely sound as if they came from such a great man.

One thing I have found is the Prophet(pbuh) was intensely respectful towards believing and chaste women.  He believed a man must treat his wife with kindness.

Did he not say that the "best of you are those who are best to their wives."???  

An accounting is made of all our deeds, Allah doesn't just look at the sin, he looks at the consequences.  If we hurt someone, we are responsible for that.  I think that is the message of the hadith (weak or not).  The message is that if you are cruel to a person, especially one you have been charged with protecting (wife, child, orphan, etc) then you will be responsible for the pain you have caused them.

As for women being men's equals, that's a given.  Spiritually, men and women are equals.  In a very basic sense, all of God's children have the same rights to happiness, protection and love.  Men were made stronger physically because once it was a necessity for hunting and defense.  Women were made strong in their own ways.  We are built for survival in tough times and for the important task of raising the next generation.  The statement about the rib illustrates that beautifully. 

I dearly wish the men of this world would head more to the Prophets of old.  That they would come to value women as their partners and not as property or objects of desire.  I wish women (more so in the West) would stop seeing Motherhood and Marriage as optional baggage on a career and see them as the sacred duty.

A woman's duty is to protect and teach her children.  To ensure that they have every opportunity that she and her husband can give them.  Sometimes, by circumstance, a woman must do this alone.  But, a mother should never been looked down on for choosing children over career or choosing to better her life for her children.

This goes to a point I made in my Sociology class.  Respect is THE MOST important virtue in a marriage.  That goes both ways.  Without it, the whole house crumbles.

-------------

Posted By: samya
Date Posted: 10 March 2008 at 3:04pm

Dear Angela.

We are not Gods children.

Date Posted: 11 March 2008 at 12:12am
Samya,

Yes we are.    He is our Creator, Protector and Provider.  If that's not a Father, then what is?  But, I'm not Muslim so my beliefs are different.

-------------

Posted By: proudmuslima3
Date Posted: 02 April 2008 at 9:52pm

sister that was very beutiful.  Insha Allah i will  teach my sons this

Posted By: peacemaker
Date Posted: 03 April 2008 at 10:50am

YUSUFALI: Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
PICKTHAL: Say: He is Allah, the One!
SHAKIR: Say: He, Allah, is One.

YUSUFALI: Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
PICKTHAL: Allah, the eternally Besought of all!
SHAKIR: Allah is He on Whom all depend.

YUSUFALI: He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
PICKTHAL: He begetteth not nor was begotten.
SHAKIR: He begets not, nor is He begotten.

YUSUFALI: And there is none like unto Him.
PICKTHAL: And there is none comparable unto Him.
SHAKIR: And none is like Him.

-------------
Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13

Posted By: herjihad
Date Posted: 15 April 2008 at 11:07am
Bismillah and Salaams,

Sister Angela,

I can see that you are being figurative.  Just as my father-in-law, a Phalasteenee, who would often in Arabic, say, "Oh, Father of Us All (Abuna), guide us, (ihdeena).  I heard my mother-in-law and others say this too.

Brother Peacemaker,

Sister Angela realizes that we believe that Allah, The One, has no son and does not beget.  Take it in the spirit in which it was meant.

PEACE

-------------
Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.

Date Posted: 17 April 2008 at 10:42am
Originally posted by herjihad

Bismillah and Salaams,

Brother Peacemaker,

Sister Angela realizes that we believe that Allah, The One, has no son and does not beget.  Take it in the spirit in which it was meant.

PEACE

Assalamu Alaikum,

I quoted that verse in a general sense, and it was not directed to anyone. As this is the public forum, it is paramount to explain clearly what Islam stands for in order to make it clear to those who are willing to understand it.

Jazak Allah Khair. 

Peace

-------------

Date Posted: 18 April 2008 at 12:14pm
Well, the Idea that God does not beget is a different subject.  God is our Creator, the supreme guiding hand in our lives.  Perhaps one could look at the term Father as figurative.  As a Mormon, it is literal to me.  God is the Father of my soul.

But this thread is about Women and favorite hadiths.  If one wants to debate God's titles, then that should be in interfaith.

With that said...God does not reward/punish based on sex.  Women will be given their due in paradise.  Please keep this forum inspirational to women and don't nitpick the little things.

Um Salamah said: "O Messenger of Allah. I did not hear a Verse in the Quran regarding the Hijrah (migration with the Prophet ) of women." Then was revealed the Verse: ("And their Lord has accepted of them, and answered them: Never will I suffer to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female: ye are members, one of another: those who have left their homes, and were driven out therefrom, and suffered harm in My cause, and fought and were slain – Verily I will blot out from them their inequities, and admit them into gardens with rivers flowing beneath; ... A reward from Allah, and from Allah is the best of rewards."), Verse 195, Surat al-‘Imran, or the Family. The Hadith was narrated by at-Tirmizi under No. 3023

-------------

Date Posted: 22 April 2008 at 10:32am

Assalamu Alaikum,

This post is to add clarity to my last post.

When a concept is clear cut in Islam, it should be understood the way it is. The matter in the context has been plainly described.

It is important to understand that Muslims are not supposed to say that Allah is like our father or Allah is like our mother etc., figuratively or otherwise. Muslims also don’t carry pictures of Allah or His Prophets in an "artistic" or any other sense nor do they characterize Allah, in His person or His attributes, in any anthropomorphic form.

Yes, Allah has 99 names; He is the Creator, the Sustainer, the Nourisher and so on, and the following verses describe an important point:

"(He is) the Creator of the heavens and the earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by this means does He multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto Him, and He is the One that hears and sees (all things)."

Qur’an 42: 11

"And there is none like unto Him."

Qur’an 112:4

If anyone wants to discuss this matter further, please start another thread in a relevant section, and let me know.

This is just to clarify an important point initiated by others in this thread. Now, you may move on. . . .

May Allah guide us all.

Peace

-------------

Posted By: Chrysalis
Date Posted: 07 June 2008 at 2:13am
Hello Sister Angela!

Great topic btw!!! :) Love it. I was thinking of starting a thread on the same lines. I'd love to share my favourite ahadith about women here. Might I add that I find it extremeley refreshing(i've been using this word a lot latley! i wonder why :p ) to see a non-muslim, who despite having her own beliefs is honest enough to admit the good she seen in another religion :) I mean, I can always understand indeological differences, but I never understood how some ppl could twist even the very obvious good points that Islam and Prophet Muhammad has. :)

Here goes:

1- Sahih Muslim 15:19 :  “ O my people!  You have certain rights over your wives and so have your wives over you---
They are the trust of Allah in your hands, so you must treat them with all kindness.” (part of his adderess at his Farewell pilgrimage)

2- " Woman is fragile like glass, and men should therefore treat women with delicacy and tenderness as they would handle an article made of glass." - (I do not remember the source, however I do know that this is a Sahih Hadith, perhaps I can post the reference later. The Prophet said that when he saw a man rushing his camel along in a hurry, and the poor lady on the camel was being rocked about and having trouble staying on.)

3-  A person who ill-treats his wife during the day and loves her at night, acts in complete contradiction of the beauty of human nature. (Again, I do not remember the ref, but I *think* this is Sahih Muslim, and I hav read it before in a Sahih book.)

There are also many favourite incidents of mine, from Sunnah / the Prophets life, about how he would treat his wives so beautifully! I find those incidents extremely touching and heartwarming . . . Perhaps we could post those later.

Posted By: mariyah
Date Posted: 07 June 2008 at 7:52am
Asalaamu aliaikum:
I thought this was the women's forum? And I see brothers posting here?
There are other Islamic forums with closed areas for the sisters only with a separate password and a female moderator, rather like your professional section that is inactive....
It would be nice to have a ladies room where the men cannot gaze...and about lowering your gaze....LOL

-------------
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.

Print Page | Close Window