Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Rushdie knighthood Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
peacemaker
Male Islam
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote peacemaker Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:51am

Doo-bop:

Your post was deleted for posting provocatively here in spite of repeated notes by me, and ignoring questions raised to you. Consider this a warning.

Please keep in mind that it is Current Events section. Also see the warning thread, please.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2952& ;PN=1

Peace

Then which of the favours of your Lord will ye deny?
Qur'an 55:13
IP IP Logged
Doo-bop

Senior  Member

Quote Doo-bop Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:53am
Originally posted by peacemaker

Originally posted by Doo-bop

Sign reader - since I am not arguing with you about your objections to the Satanic verses, since I don't really know what they are, just what are you on about now??

And how am I to know from your use of the word "event", that you are referring to attacking other countries?

Since you are the type of person who does not care what the Pol Pots of this world do in their own countries, it is hardly surprising you are calling for the murder of Rushdie (if thats what youre doing)

If you didn't know what they are, why did you support the "knighthood" awarded to Salman Rushdie in the first place. 

Another thing is let us keep the discussion on the track and stick to the thread.

Peace

I already gave my reasons for this - Rushdie stands for freedom of speech in the face of death, and is a brilliant novelist

I am keeping to the discussion, which is about Salman Rushdie

IP IP Logged
Doo-bop

Senior  Member

Quote Doo-bop Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:55am

Doo-bop:

Your post was deleted for posting provocatively here in spite of repeated notes by me, and ignoring questions raised to you. Consider this a warning.

Please keep in mind that it is Current Events section. Also see the warning thread, please.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2952& ; ; ;PN=1

Peace

I am sorry.  I am not one to ignore questions.  Please remind me what they were.  I was not aware that you were giving me "repeated notes"

having read your link, and since I am not able to foresee what will be  considered "inflammatory" to muslims, I will stay out of the thread...

Edited by Doo-bop
IP IP Logged
peacemaker
Male Islam
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote peacemaker Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2007 at 10:56am

Sign reader - since I am not arguing with you about your objections to the Satanic verses, since I don't really know what they are, just what are you on about now??

And how am I to know from your use of the word "event", that you are referring to attacking other countries?

Since you are the type of person who does not care what the Pol Pots of this world do in their own countries, it is hardly surprising you are calling for the murder of Rushdie (if thats what youre doing)

If you didn't know what they are, why did you support the "knighthood" awarded to Salman Rushdie in the first place. 

Another thing is let us keep the discussion on the track and stick to the thread.

Peace

I already gave my reasons for this - Rushdie stands for freedom of speech in the face of death, and is a brilliant novelist

I am keeping to the discussion, which is about Salman Rushdie

Spamming is not permitted. You posted again. Answer questions that are posed to you.

Peace

IP IP Logged
Doo-bop

Senior  Member

Quote Doo-bop Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2007 at 11:10am

"Spamming is not permitted. You posted again. Answer questions that are posed to you."

Yes.  I posted again.  How am I supposed to answer without posting?

IP IP Logged
usama

Groupie
Groupie

Quote usama Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2007 at 12:07pm

There is no country today which represents Islam or meets the minimal Shariah requirements.  Such a state is historically and legally called a khilafah, caliphate. 

I agree that the Shariah cannot willfully be implemented partially. Moreover, Muslims are compelled to follow the example of the Prophet (saaw) who did NOT use the authority of preIslamic Makka to enforce Islam. In fact he refused to comply with the Quraishi offer of partial implementation of Islam.  

Muslim communities in the West are confused by varying positions on the matter. There now exists a chism between the reality and the idea of Islam. Many Muslim scholars and leaders adopt incorrect methodologies in their vain attempts to bridge that chism.

The chism is as mentioned previously: there is no society today which meets the Shariah requirements as being representative of Islam. There is no caliphate, no authentic Islamic state which fulfills the Muslim people's collective duty to Allah (AWJ).

However, Muslims have not and are not implementing or ruling or judging solely by Islam as Allah (SWT) has commanded. We Muslims are failing ourselves and failing to fulfill this obligation. 

The mistaken bridge is to use the governing system of other than Islam of a people who are NOT EVEN MUSLIM to implement Islam. No. Indeed, Muslims ARE guests, or dhimmis if you will, of the people who are NOT Muslim, do NOT believe in Islam, and therefore cannot be forced to implement Islam.

Instead, Muslims in the West should look to the Muslim world where the people believe in Allah and His Prophet (saaw), who know the Quran, who pray and give zakah and fast, to implement Islam.  

The foremost of the criterion for ruling is for Muslims to compose the raw power of authority, usually equated with majority Muslim population. The Prophet (saaw) did not have the Islamic state in Madinah until he had the 2nd Bayah of Aqaba: the pledge of the Ansar to use their raw power to defend Islam and obey Allah and the Prophet (saaw).  These circumstances already exist within the Muslim world, like in western, eastern and  northern Africa, the Arabian Pennisula, Al Sham, Iran, Central Asia, etc.  In these regions Muslims compose anywhere from 80% to 100% of the populations, the militaries are manned by Muslim troops and led by Muslim commanders, and their supplies and strategic resources are controlled by Muslims.

However, this raw power is controlled by unIslamic regimes and oppressors who intentionally refuse to implement Islam.

The obligation THUS falls on Muslims to remove these regimes and replace them with a caliphate. That is the nearest path to implementing Islam and fulfilling the Muslim people's duty to Allah (SWT).  But if one closely follows the example of the Prophet (Saaw), one would see that he did not simply advocate a military coup. Rather, he led a nonviolent Islamic movement within Makka and Madinah that moved the people towards Islam and towards living according to Islam.  It was when that movement reached the stage of seeking the authority that the circumstances occurred in favor of implementing Islam.

The Prophet (saaw) investigated several tribes before Allah (SWT) sent the Ansar of Madinah to him and the pledges of Aqaba took place.  And then within Yathrib, the people naturally chose the Prophet (saaw) rather than crown a new king.  

Insha Allah, when an the next Islamic caliphate occurs, Muslims in the West would migrate to live therein just as the Muhajiroon migrated to Madinah. 

Let there arise from amongst you a group inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and they are the successful ones. Al Imran:104
IP IP Logged
usama

Groupie
Groupie

Quote usama Replybullet Posted: 28 June 2007 at 12:21pm

As for the Rushdie knighthood, it was Blair's last salvo over the bow of the Muslim world.  Blair retains the old British imperial character, the Kiplingesque White Man's Burden theme towards the Muslim world that says 'the poor heathens need Union Jack to lead them past their God'.

Rushdie recently visited Orlando Florida and spoke at a local private university. His lecture showed his deep seated atheism. Yet it also revealed his belief in himself what amounts to self worship- that arrogant drivel which atheists often spout.  Ironically, a local baptist minister wrote an op-ed noting that Rushdie's atheism seems to elevate himself as an alternative to God which struck him as perplexing.  

Is Rushdie worthy of knighthood? Who cares, its a British thing.

Does the act of knighting Rushdie connote a clear disbelief in Allah and His Messenger and clearly separates the British govt on the side of kufr and arrogance towards Allah (SWT), and believers?

Certainly.  As if Britain's long history of fighting Muslims, destroying the caliphate, dividing and weakening Muslims, wasn't evidence enough, they went and knighted an apostate blasphemying wretch.

Let there arise from amongst you a group inviting to all that is good, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and they are the successful ones. Al Imran:104
IP IP Logged
peacemaker
Male Islam
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote peacemaker Replybullet Posted: 29 June 2007 at 10:49am

"Spamming is not permitted. You posted again. Answer questions that are posed to you."

Yes.  I posted again.  How am I supposed to answer without posting?

Okay, let me explain further. You posted the same post that I had deleted. Furthermore, posting posts at random, as you did, without replying questions addressed to you also constitutes violation of guidelines. Please see the following guidelines in this respect:

12.  Spamming of any kind is not allowed. Any response to spammers will be deleted along with the spam. This includes multiple copies (2 or more) of one message in one and/or many forums. (If this behavior is spotted several times, by the same User we may remove ALL the copies of that message, including all the responses below them.) Spamming of questions or overly large posts will also not be allowed.

13. Posting several messages at random and not responding to the generated questions or dialogue following the original posts may also be considered as spamming. Answer questions posed to you and do not avoid it by changing the topic, as long as that question does not break any of the Guidelines. If you do not know the answer, simply acknowledge this, then move forward.

http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4589& ; ;PN=1

Peace

Edited by peacemaker
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version