Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Rushdie knighthood Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Doo-bop

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Doo-bop Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2007 at 3:48pm

"You should not be debating a subject your are not knowledgeable about; unless you are simply  Islam/Muhammad animosity driven. That hate has literally blinded your sense of fairness & can't see the reality by so called novel!"

Sign reader - you are an angry man - I can tell.  I am not debating with you the truth (or otherwise) about what Rushdie is alleged to have said about Muhammad.  I merely asked you what he said.....

"All events in modern times had beginning in words coming from Hitler, Bush, Blair, or Rushdie."

This is not only irrelevant, but nonsense.  What about Joe Stalin?  Pol Pot? etc. etc. etc.?  not to mention Osama bin Laden and Ayatollah Khomeini, Mao zde Dong, Ronald Reagan, General Galtieri.....add your own names to the endless list of those who provoked major events by their words.....

IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Doo-bop

Sign reader - you are an angry man - I can tell.  I am not debating with you the truth (or otherwise) about what Rushdie is alleged to have said about Muhammad.  I merely asked you what he said.....

cuz you are beating about the bush!
TSV on line
OK Doo-bop; here is the link; start at chapter II pp 32, then come back.

This is not only irrelevant, but nonsense.  What about Joe Stalin?  Pol Pot? etc. etc. etc.?  not to mention Osama bin Laden and Ayatollah Khomeini, Mao zde Dong, Ronald Reagan, General Galtieri.....add your own names to the endless list of those who provoked major events by their words.....

I don't know why did you make addition to the list?

What blatant lies did they utter to attack other people? Which countries did they attack? I couldn't care less how did they manage their own nations!
BTW how do you put Galtieri, Pol pot into this?
Aren't you comparing apples with oranges? on the top you talk about
nonsense! 
At least now you should take Mao's name with respect, his country's economy is bigger than yours

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 24 June 2007 at 7:27pm

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=266856076149074981 6

is an interesting, if disturbing, film broadcast by channel 4 television a few months ago which shows us clearly what a lot of muslims are like, what their aspirations are for our country, and what sharia law will mean for kuffar like me should they succeed...

Watch it all (it is 48 mins long), and supply me with your comments

of course the folks living in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones.
This is what you deserve as blow back for the colonialism
neo colonialism & secularism!
But don't be paranoid, success doesn't come with simple rhetoric!

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
Doo-bop

Senior  Member

Quote Doo-bop Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2007 at 3:35am
Originally posted by Sign*Reader

cuz you are beating about the bush!
TSV on line
OK Doo-bop; here is the link; start at chapter II pp 32, then come back.

I don't know why did you make addition to the list?

What blatant lies did they utter to attack other people? Which countries did they attack? I couldn't care less how did they manage their own nations!
BTW how do you put Galtieri, Pol pot into this?
Aren't you comparing apples with oranges? on the top you talk about
nonsense! 
At least now you should take Mao's name with respect, his country's economy is bigger than yours

Sign reader, you are quite a man, you know.  So now I am supposed to reread the Satanic Verses, and decide for myself what you find objectionable to it?? (I never heard anything so crazy in my life)

Ok fine.  If you are unable or unwilling to give me at least one concrete example of what you don't like about the book, then so be it. 

IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2007 at 10:10am

btw, Sign reader, I have read the Satanic Verses.  But that was a long long time ago, when it just came out.  I no longer have my copy, as I've just found out.  When I read it, Islam was just a word to me.  I knew nothing about it, and did not understand it to be, as I do now, the major threat to our civilisation.  Perhaps I'll read it again soon, if I can save up enough to buy another copy

I thought to help you out and save you time & money, when you decide to read for your edification is your decision.
What I told you will be nothing but concrete proof of his objectionable writing, provided you also knew the Muslim's prayer meaning in your language to see why there is an uproar?

Didn't you say that you will read it again soon. Now why are you making excuses? Sounds like Blairspeak?
Why would I reproduce his rubbish here?
You don't appreciate the free link to it that is OK.
Then don't continue the altercation that you got nothing to go by when told you chapter II the whole thing and the some, which you will find out as an evidence!

Edited by Sign*Reader
IP IP Logged
crasss

Senior  Member

Quote crasss Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2007 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Angel

So I don't get it why one man, and one book is so much a threat to (to use Whisper's numbers) 1.6 billion muslims.

I think it is more the provocation that enrages the Muslims. They gave him knighthood not in spite of insulting Islam, but because he insulted Islam.

I don't think it was the Queen's personal idea to do that. She was raised in another era, and has other values than the ones who pushed for knighthood. Traditional Christians would refrain from endorsing this. The last traditionally Christian generation in the West has died off or are very old now. The Queen is part of that last generation.

All of this makes the British military presence in Iraq and Afghanistan even more controversial.

IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2007 at 8:08pm

Muslims don't support Rusdie's Knighthood, good, that's fine, lets not start a war over it!

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2007 at 8:18pm

Originally posted by crasss

Originally posted by Angel

So I don't get it why one man, and one book is so much a threat to (to use Whisper's numbers) 1.6 billion muslims.

I think it is more the provocation that enrages the Muslims. They gave him knighthood not in spite of insulting Islam, but because he insulted Islam.

I don't think it was the Queen's personal idea to do that. She was raised in another era, and has other values than the ones who pushed for knighthood. Traditional Christians would refrain from endorsing this. The last traditionally Christian generation in the West has died off or are very old now. The Queen is part of that last generation.

All of this makes the British military presence in Iraq and Afghanistan even more controversial.

aaaaaahhhhhhhh, you got there before I deleted my post, oh well too late.

For anyone who wants to know why i deleted, is because i read a couple of other posts and basically agreed a little with them and so i retracted my post by deleting.

All i know he is not any different than people speaking out against or don't agree with islam and the Prophet, And its no secret that I don't ageee with all of islam.  

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version