Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: It’s gay rights laws that are intolerant,(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Hayfa
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 18 April 2007 at 5:55am

It is an intersting article.

A thought that I have is that Islam does not allow for adoption in the western sense,  am I correct? So when there arew orphans, it is great if they have family but that is not always the case? Where should these children go? Can they be "adopted" by an Islamic family assuming the child retains her or his name?

It is an interesting delimma that there are laws to proctect different peoples' rights. Now how does it work that there are different people with diffrerent beliefs. Most Moslems do not agree with gay and lesbian people and the gay and lesbian people say I  do not agree with mormons who say I do nor believe what Hindus believe. And yet we all exist on this planet...

And I bet you the gay and lesbian people wil lbe hte first to  defend Moslems against discriminatory practices that moslems face. Far  faster then most "traditional" Christians would..

Makes for an intersting world...

And also that I know a single woman,  wh ois probably a Lesbian who adopted to boys who were what are called "crack" babies. Through a long struggle she gave them a future as their lives were difficult.

Is Moslems cannot or will not adopt these children then...

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
IP IP Logged
pauline35

bullet Posted: 18 April 2007 at 7:46am
Ops 154 said : I just find it really hard that Jesus would say to someone "no I will not help you because you are gay" I thought Jesus died for all of our sins?

This is the reason why I do not believe Jesus is GOD because GOD could NOT allow human to annihilate the production of human race. I do not believe Jesus is crucified for cleansing our sins. It is wholy wrong conception.

You, however, got a very clear point. Thanks for this.

Edited by pauline35
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 18 April 2007 at 11:40am

I don't believe that homosexual couples should adopt children.  It is because I think the child needs both a male and female for role models as parents.  But it is not because I believe the homosexual couple would not be kind and caring for the child.  I'm sure they would be more kind than many "straight" couples are today.

This is very difficult for me because my own daughter, my first born and only daughter is gay.  My precious child told me on her 18th birthday.  She said she knew from the time she was 11 years old that she was a lesbian.  She never felt any attraction to men, as women usually do.  She is an extremely intelligent professional in the medical field.  She has had the same "partner" for many years and they own a lovely home.  They have both heterosexual and homosexual friends.  She does not care at all for President Bush, the war in Iraq, or any type of discrimination.  She fights for the rights of Muslims and will squash anyone who calls a Muslim a terrorist.  She asks for nothing from anyone and take full responsibility for her life.  My daughter is one of the most caring, respectful, honest people you would ever meet.  She is a Buddhist.  She was baptised a Catholic as a baby, but decided it was not her "cup of tea" and became a Buddhist.  You may feel free to call her perverted, etc., all you like.  She's quite used to it.  But she would never allow anyone to call you, as Muslims, any sort of derogatory name without telling them how wrong they are.

Jesus did not turn away from homosexual persons.....the Bible warns against homosexual sexual acts....not the person.  I pray for my daughter, as I love her from the depths of my heart.  And I pray that no radical anti-gay will take her life without knowing the enormous atrocity they would be commiting in doing so. 

Peace be with you.

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
Sawtul Khilafah

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 18 April 2007 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Hayfa

A thought that I have is that Islam does not allow for adoption in the western sense,  am I correct? So when there arew orphans, it is great if they have family but that is not always the case? Where should these children go? Can they be "adopted" by an Islamic family assuming the child retains her or his name?

Islamic law does not forbid adoption, but it is forbidden to lie to the child and you are not allowed to call him/her your son or daughter, but you call the child your Brother or Sister instead.

IP IP Logged
nu001
Male  Islam

bullet Posted: 19 April 2007 at 2:53am
First of all, isn't homosexuality forbidden in all religion?? Who are we to allow it? Let alone adoption for them. As per islamic laws, adoption does not make them children
"Al-Quran-The only Straight path to success. Alhamdulillah"
IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 19 April 2007 at 11:27am

I do not believe that any religious organization should be forced to do something that is against their religion.  Doesn't matter what that is. 

Brigham Young University just got protested by the gay community for their "intolerance" of gay students.  Here's the kicker, BYU makes you sign a code of conduct saying you won't have sex outside of marriage.  If you are found in violation, you are expelled.  Thus, doesn't matter if your gay or not, you have to conform to the religious standards of the Church affiliated school.

I've always been hate the sin, not the sinner.  I'm tired of having other peoples beliefs (on both sides) shoved in my face.  Here in the US, there is a separation of Church and State.  Frankly, I don't want the State telling my Leaders that our Church must conform to their standards and I don't want My or any other faith pushing their beliefs on others.  I would protest if LDS Family Services was told that they couldn't just adopt to LDS Temple Worthy Families.  They don't get money from the state.  However, I would have a problem with Foster Care being told they could only adopt to White Christian families knowing how many non Christian or non White children are in the system.

Its the double standard that's hard for the faithful to walk.  The freedom that allows me to be LDS and Hayfa to be Muslim and follow our faiths, is the same freedom that grants people of "alternate" lifestyles freedom to be open about their lives. 

What do you do?  I don't want a society that's intolerant of humans of any ilk.  Hatred isn't good for anyone.  But I want to protect my children from things I feel are wrong, like abortion or homosexuality. 

I would love to encourage Muslim families to Foster orphans.  Foster Care is a wonderful way to take care of children who need a good home.  Its not adoption, its being a good person.  I'm sure the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) would prefer that a child be raised in a good home with loving adults caring for them, than on the street or in overcrowded orphanages.  And I'm quite sure, God never said that doing the bare minimum was doing enough when you could do more.

Edited by Angela
IP IP Logged
Sawtul Khilafah

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 19 April 2007 at 12:05pm

Originally posted by Angela

I'm sure the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) would prefer that a child be raised in a good home with loving adults caring for them, than on the street or in overcrowded orphanages.  And I'm quite sure, God never said that doing the bare minimum was doing enough when you could do more.

I already said that adoption is allowed in Islam but the child doesnt become yours.

IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 19 April 2007 at 12:14pm
I know...I wasn't disagreeing with you.  It was just an additional comment.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version