Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Is Barack Obama Muslim? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
eamro99

Starter
Starter

Online Status: Offline
Quote eamro99 Replybullet Posted: 26 January 2007 at 8:45pm

Assalam 3ailkum

as a muslim and an american citizen I AM going to vote for Obama. first he's a democrate and the U.S. really needs a change. Bush is a republican and he really messed things up. the only reason he went into Iraq was to be put down in history as a president who fought a war. by the way his approval rating is about 23%. the american people are fed up with the republicans, and i believe they will vote democrat as they did in the senate and in the congress. and Obama is MUCH better than hillary clinton. so thats why IM VOTING OBAMA

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 27 January 2007 at 2:11am

as a muslim and an american citizen I AM going to vote for Obama. first he's a democrate and the U.S. really needs a change. Bush is a republican and he really messed things up. the only reason he went into Iraq was to be put down in history as a president who fought a war. by the way his approval rating is about 23%. the american people are fed up with the republicans, and i believe they will vote democrat as they did in the senate and in the congress. and Obama is MUCH better than hillary clinton. so thats why IM VOTING OBAMA

Congrats my brother for being proper American. They say, you are a proper American whenyou start to believe that your vote matters and also wondering why the world hates you!!

Brother, try your vote whichever way you chose, change won't come. The system is bound and gagged by Cap It All ism. And, your admin has been hi-jacked by A E I and the other Zionist outfits.

Read Carter's book and a few others, might help in waking up, though with a few painful yawns, but it will.  

IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 27 January 2007 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Patty

Angel said:

Causing him problems ?? is it? or is it that people have a problem. And how can you tell that its causing problems with God?

God told us many times to "let our light shine before men", one of the 10 Commandments is "Thou shall not lie", another verse if "if you deny me before men, I will deny you before my Father who is in Heaven.  They are many, many more, Angel.  God is not happy when we attempt to deceive....even if it's by the sin of omission.

Peace, Angel!

I really don't dispute that, but I don't see (if Barack is not telling) where Barack is doing that? Where is barack denying God before men? or decieving God by not telling people his religion?

let our light shine before men, yes but I don't think its an order  and if we don't let our light shine its not lying either.

I think you are on a wrong turn here  

I really don't see the big deal that Barack is not sharing (at least at this stage/moment) what religion he belongs to. As I mentioned if he is muslim it will overshadow him, reread my first post as to why.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 27 January 2007 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Israfil

Patty you are showing apologist attitudes that I shared back in 2003 on religions. There is no such thing as equal treatment. If you believe there is then (for example) why don't girls share the same locker room with boys? We as people of society have been trained to think in terms of what is ethically acceptable or not. Patty you showed it by saying you wouldn't vote for a person that is pro-abortion. Either way the person who will be elected will not exact policies that are "equal" to all because the title of the president is to be a leader in the best interest of the people. The people don't always agree as you know this.

Patty you said:

"The President has to be one of very high morals, extremely intelligent....as well as possessing common sense, high ethical standards, fairness towards everyone..........AND SOMEONE WITH A PLAN FOR THE FUTURE OF AMERICA AND THE REST OF THE WORLD.  The world is getting smaller and smaller, and we need, rather we MUST have a president who will endeavor to treat each county with equal respect and value.  Nothing less with do."

This is a good comment but its still an idealist way of the descriptive way of thinking. You are saying the the president "ought" to be moral and intelligent. But who decides morality? Among conservatives an atheist, pro-abortion president would be consider immoral and unethical for his personal beliefs but how do we know that such a person would not be a great leader. In my belief an atheist president would definitely fulfill the part of the consitution of secularism (Separation of Church and State).

Also we cannot always treat each country equally especially if there are certain entities in specific countries that have sub-groups that wish to do us harm. So should an ideal president deal with a Hamas government the same way he/she does with a Norwegian government? The tricky issue with political ethics is that the result exposes our extreme ideals and values. If Barack Obama is our future president first I'd like to acknowledge this moment and say this man made history in being the first minority (and Black man) as president. Second, I hope he can enforce fair policies. By fairness I mean what is due by other entities who deserve it.

I hope the president focuses on domestic issue. At this point my attitude is "let the world destroy itself." Terrorism is more prevelant here in the streets than in Afghanistan. I agree Patty that this president should be intelligent but not emphasizing academia since being academic does not make one automatically intelligent. Rather, a sense of understanding of how the world is and how to be versatile. How to adapt to bad situations and able to make conclusions. I'm tired of religious presidents. I'm tired of religions in politics period. We see even in Islamic countries that religion within politics fail. Those types of governments fail. Their economy fails.

A change in governmental policies starts now and hopefully these prospects have what it takes.

You are saying the the president "ought" to be moral and intelligent. But who decides morality? Among conservatives an atheist, pro-abortion president would be consider immoral and unethical for his personal beliefs but how do we know that such a person would not be a great leader. In my belief an atheist president would definitely fulfill the part of the consitution of secularism (Separation of Church and State).

exactly.

And I guess having an atheist president is idealistic too, because what would happen to "under one god"  

Edited by Angel
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Cassandra

Quote Cassandra Replybullet Posted: 06 February 2007 at 3:54am

Bring back Al Gore:  The Man Who Would (have) Be (en) President.  The real issue is environmental:   Global Warming is dominating the newspapers.  It is this which we should be concerning ourselves with before it is too late.

Cassie

IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 06 February 2007 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Cassandra

Bring back Al Gore:  The Man Who Would (have) Be (en) President.  The real issue is environmental:   Global Warming is dominating the newspapers.  It is this which we should be concerning ourselves with before it is too late.

Cassie

Hi Cassie!!

Global Warming??  Don't even say the word to me right now, as I cozy up to our wood stove and attempt to tough out this -20 degree temperatures!  LOL!  There are just as many scientists saying this is not global warming as there are saying it is.  I'm studying up on the whole thing from both sides....not from Al Gore though, but respected and renowned scientists from both sides of the debate.  GREAT to hear from you again!

Israfil,

Your comment regarding women not using men's locker rooms has nothing to do with equality, rather, I feel it is more about morality and modesty.  I'm not in the mood to get into a "debate" about whose morals are just the greatest.  We all have our own beliefs/moral values and we all know they may differ in some respects.  I like Barrack Obama.  I do not care for H. Clinton as a politician.  She may well be a lovely person, but I cringe everytime she opens her mouth. That is only my opinion, my friend.  I don't mean to change your's or to downplay your beliefs in any manner.

God's Peace.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 06 February 2007 at 6:01pm

Angel said,

"I think you are on a wrong turn here."

Me?  Never! 

"I really don't see the big deal that Barack is not sharing (at least at this stage/moment) what religion he belongs to. As I mentioned if he is muslim it will overshadow him, reread my first post as to why."

Well, girlfriend, if you can't see the importance of a prospective candidate for the Presidency's need to be 100% honest, I certainly am not the one to try to explain it to you.  Maybe someone else here can give it a try.  As I have said, I like him, but if I found out he was being dishonest, I would probably have to rethink my position and trudge back to the "drawing board." 

Peace Angel.

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
Hanan

Senior  Member

Quote Hanan Replybullet Posted: 07 February 2007 at 5:17am

I’m not sure why the discussion regarding Obama is still going on, especially since Abuayisha, on January 24, posted “CNN debunks false report about Obama” http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/01/22/obama.madrassa/index. html

As we all know by now, the “Obama is Muslim/attended Madrassa” reports are what H. Clinton would call, a right-wing conspiracy.” Barack Obama is not a Muslim, he didn’t attend a Madrassa, and he is not denying or hiding  anything because there’s nothing to deny or hide.

Insight Magazine (right-wing) printed the lie and, not having anything to back it up, claimed that associates of Hillary Clinton had unearthed information that Obama had attended a Muslim religious school known for teaching the most fundamentalist form of Islam. Insight Mag attributed the information in its article to an unnamed source, who said it was discovered by "researchers connected to Senator Clinton." A spokesman for Clinton denied that it was the source of the Obama claim. Of course, the Washington Times, the New York Post, Glen Beck, and Fox (all right-wing) ran with the story, although CNN’s live report proved otherwise.

I hope that we can lay this issue to rest and chalk it up as yet another desperate attempt by the right-wingers to smear Obama. Here is the CNN video report

Please note that Hardi Priyono, deputy headmaster of the Basuki school said: "This is a public school. We don't focus on religion. In our daily lives, we try to respect religion, but we don't give preferential treatment."

And Bandug Winadijanto, a former classmate of “Barry“ Obama said: "It's not (an) Islamic school. It's general. There is a lot of Christians, Buddhists, also Confucian. ... So that's a mixed school."

Video of Obama's school http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/world /2007/01/22/vause.obama.school.cnn&wm=10

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version