Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Is Barack Obama Muslim? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Sawtul Khilafah

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Sawtul Khilafah Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2007 at 7:21am
Originally posted by abuayisha

I hate to derail this thread, but must respond to your rant.  Like it or not Muslims are by no means monolithic and without a doubt some are not only extremist (fanatical terrorist), but also ignorant of “Jihad” and its lawful purpose.  Maybe you should start a new discussion because what pertinence OBL and Jihad has to do with; “Is Barack Obama Muslim?” totally escapes me.   Killing innocent civilians is not Jihad it is murder and corruption in the land.  Lastly, I see nothing hypocritical about Muslims working with Western governments if it is fighting a common enemy (terrorist) who are a pestilence to all peace loving humans both Muslim and non-Muslim alike. 

Like it or not you are brainwashed by the mainstream Media and the politicians. Like it or not alliance with Kuffar against Muslims is apostacy. Like it or not "terrorist" is a term used for Mujahideen and "fanatical" is a word used for Mo'mineen by the western Media.

And it had everything to do with Obama because if you read the earlier posts you would see that he had the same attitude as you, meaning that he used the lies of the western Governments to divide the Muslims into two groups:

1: "Terrorists" who go around killing everyone including women and children simply because they think it's fun.

2: "Modernists" who lick the blood of the Muslims from the hands of the American soldiers and bow at their feet thanking them for invading, bombing and murdering hundreds of thousands of Muslim civilians and then trying to justify their action (which is pure Kufr) by accusing religious Muslims ("fanatical terrorists") of every crime that Bush and co. accuse them of.

This is what the western Governments and their media want to do with Muslims. They want to devide us into these two groups, or at least make it seem like we are one of these two groups.

In other words we are either guilty of every single crime in the world, or we support the anti-Islamic Governments and prefer the laws of the Kuffar over the laws of Allah and believe every word on TV as if it is our God.

We should show that we are not on either side. We are not on the apostates side, and we are also not on the side of those who carried out 9/11 because there is simply no proof that the WTC attacks were carried out by Muslims. But ofcourse those who take TV as their God believe every lie that is fed to them by the enemies of Allah.

Edited by Sawtul Khilafah
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2007 at 8:07am

I would respond to the poster above me but doing so would ruin my brain so for health wise I'm staying to the present discussion. Patty you mentioned JFK mentioning his Roman Catholic faith. Please understand that Catholicism is still considered "Christian" or at least adheres to the Bible and some Chriatian philosophies. For a complete minority both ethnic and religious is a complete 360 turn for America. If he said "I'm Muslim" the conservatist especially in Congress would not allow it. They would see him without even judging as a president as showing favortism in to Muslim extremist. They would see him as favoriting the Palestinians over the Israelis and such.

I do not think politicians are completely objective of cours emost politicians do things in respect of their personal beliefs whether they expose them openly or not. For this man to black and Muslim (if he declares such) would be something this country would never except. I think Hillary Clinton would be in the White House before this man does. America is still not ready for pluralistic beliefs just yet. Although we preach inclusivity in the guise of democracy and such our policy makers are guided much by what they think "ought" to happen.

IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2007 at 9:01am
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2007 at 11:04am
I read the link....My point exactly.....Now imagine if he claimed to be Muslim
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2007 at 7:57am
Originally posted by Patty

Angel wrote:

"Whos said that Barack is doing such a thing ?"

Several folks have mentioned the "possibility" that he is doing that, Angel.  Re-read all the posts here.

I know what the folks are saying, and its only here, and the issue is basically because Barack doesn't seem either way, and i guess that is true But, its all spectulation taken from elsewhere.

I'm not saying he is doing that, what I am saying is that IF he is hiding his true religion, it is not being honest, and I doubt that Allah/God is pleased with anyone who chooses to hide their chosen religion.  That's all I meant.  Not that he is necessarily doing it.

I know you are not saying so and i understood you but still my questions remain. "IF" -  how can you tell that its causing problems with God? how is it displeasing God if one does not disclose ones religion to the whole world?

also did you not read what i mentioned earlier: whether Barack is muslim or not, and if he is muslim, and with the way some people are with islam and muslims, perhaps he is being careful about it, perhaps barack doesn't want his perference of what religion to overshadow his work, especially in a job like this.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2007 at 10:59am

Israfil said:

Patty you mentioned JFK mentioning his Roman Catholic faith. Please understand that Catholicism is still considered "Christian" or at least adheres to the Bible and some Chriatian philosophies.

For the most part, that is so in this day and age......although there are many Protestant churches, mainly Pentacostals and Apostolics who would immediately tell you how wrong you are on that one.  That we are lost....all Catholics are lost for all eternity....that's what they belief.

And in 1960, 47 years ago, it was MUCH worse.  Catholics were very much discriminated against in the then white, all male, middleclass American society. The very thought of anyone other than a white, male, Protestant as president was heresy in their eyes.  So for President Kennedy to state and very openly practice his faith was a giant leap forward (imo) in losing the discrimination to which Catholics, and especially IRISH CATHOLICS, had continually been subjected.  My own mother refused to vote for him simply because he was Catholic.  My father was a baptised Catholic.  It was very difficult then for Catholics, Israfil.  Not as difficult as it is for Muslims, and I admit that.  In time, I believe this will change too....just as it has for Catholics.  (Although there are still many who don't like us.) 

God's Peace!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2007 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Sawtul Khilafah

Originally posted by abuayisha

I hate to derail this thread, but must respond to your rant.  Like it or not Muslims are by no means monolithic and without a doubt some are not only extremist (fanatical terrorist), but also ignorant of “Jihad” and its lawful purpose.  Maybe you should start a new discussion because what pertinence OBL and Jihad has to do with; “Is Barack Obama Muslim?” totally escapes me.   Killing innocent civilians is not Jihad it is murder and corruption in the land.  Lastly, I see nothing hypocritical about Muslims working with Western governments if it is fighting a common enemy (terrorist) who are a pestilence to all peace loving humans both Muslim and non-Muslim alike. 

Like it or not you are brainwashed by the mainstream Media and the politicians. Like it or not alliance with Kuffar against Muslims is apostacy. Like it or not "terrorist" is a term used for Mujahideen and "fanatical" is a word used for Mo'mineen by the western Media.

And it had everything to do with Obama because if you read the earlier posts you would see that he had the same attitude as you, meaning that he used the lies of the western Governments to devide the Muslims into two groups:

1: "Terrorists" who go around killing everyone including women and children simply because they think it's fun.

2: "Modernists" who lick the blood of the Muslims from the hands of the American soldiers and bow at their feet thanking them for invading, bombing and murdering hundreds of thousands of Muslim civilians and then trying to justify their action (which is pure Kufr) by accusing religious Muslims ("fanatical terrorists") of every crime that Bush and co. accuse them of.

This is what the western Governments and their media want to do with Muslims. They want to devide us into these two groups, or at least make it seem like we are one of these two groups.

In other words we are either guilty of every single crime in the world, or we support the anti-Islamic Governments and prefer the laws of the Kuffar over the laws of Allah and believe every word on TV as if it is our God.

We should show that we are not on either side. We are not on the apostates side, and we are also not on the side of those who carried out 9/11 because there is simply no proof that the WTC attacks were carried out by Muslims. But ofcourse those who take TV as their God believe every lie that is fed to them by the enemies of Allah.

Why so hostile?  You must be terribly burdened down with all that hate you continue to carry for others.  God/Allah told us to "love our neighbors".  I don't see you doing that.  I won't debate you, because you are consumed with hatred for anything and anyone not Muslim.  I will pray for you every day, so that you can know joy and happiness, and learn that not everyone who is non-Muslim is a horrible killing machine.  May Allah reach into your heart and remove the hurt and the hate from it.

Peace.

Patty

IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 25 January 2007 at 11:07am

Angel said:

Causing him problems ?? is it? or is it that people have a problem. And how can you tell that its causing problems with God?

God told us many times to "let our light shine before men", one of the 10 Commandments is "Thou shall not lie", another verse if "if you deny me before men, I will deny you before my Father who is in Heaven.  They are many, many more, Angel.  God is not happy when we attempt to deceive....even if it's by the sin of omission.

Peace, Angel!

Patty

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version