Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: Is Barack Obama Muslim? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Angel

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 21 January 2007 at 6:02pm
whether Barack is muslim or not, and if he is muslim, and with the way some people are with islam and muslims, perhaps he is being careful about it, perhaps barack doesn't want his perference of what religion to overshadow his work, especially in a job like this.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 22 January 2007 at 8:06am
I agree with Angel, if he declares himself a Muslim he will lose the presidential race...Simple. Most politicians lie about their past and, if he is like those politicians then what he does is not a phenomenon. Better to keep your mouth shut about your religion unless you want to be "politically assassinated!" by the people of course.
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2007 at 6:51am

Dear Israfil, you said the following:

"I agree with Angel, if he declares himself a Muslim he will lose the presidential race...Simple. Most politicians lie about their past and, if he is like those politicians then what he does is not a phenomenon. Better to keep your mouth shut about your religion unless you want to be "politically assassinated!" by the people of course."

Hmmm, I remember a man in the past who was running for President.  He never hesitated to state proudly that he was a Roman Catholic.  And never before had a Catholic been elected to the Presidency.  His name was John F. Kennedy!  No, I disagree here with you.  It is never good in the eyes of God Himself to deny your faith.  Some people would do anything to win an important office such as this, but the righteous would do anything to hold fast to their faith!  It's an individual decision for each person.  As I said, I like Barack.  If he is Muslim, he should be honest, forthright, and proud.  I believe it would work in his favor.  To hide his true religion would, and is, causing him problems, both here on earth and with our God.  Just my opinion, nothing personal Israfil.

God's Peace. 

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
Sawtul Khilafah

Senior  Member

Quote Sawtul Khilafah Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2007 at 3:11pm

Wether he claims to be a Muslim or not he has joined an anti-Islamic Government which beyond all doubt makes him an apostate, even if he pretends to pray and fast.

O you who believe, do not take Jews and Christians as allies; these are allies of one another. Those among you who ally themselves with these are of them. Allah does not guide the transgressors. [Qur'an 5:51]

And I hate it when these so called "modern" Muslims try to claim that there are "two kinds of Muslims" - those who do Jihad (which they claim is "evil") and those who dont!

These so called "modernists" are often not Muslim at all but are only pretending to be Muslims. Others are Muslim only by name because not only do they abandon much of the Shariah, they also speak against Jihad which is an obligation according to the Qur'an.

The deception that they use is that they claim that "fanatical Muslims" carried out the 9/11 attacks, and then they claim that anyone who does Jihad is somehow also partly responsible for 9/11 and other attacks on civilians.

This is while Osama bin Laden and other so called "fanatics" denied responsiblity for 9/11 and their Jihad is totally defensive. These so called "modern Muslims" are actually saying that it is wrong for Muslims to defend themselves simply because Osama bin Laden is accused of killing civilians !!! So just because some of those who do Jihad are Accused of killing civilians, then somehow Jihad becomes an "evil" thing!!

And at the same time these hypocrites ally with the western Governments against the Muslims, despite the fact that these Governments have killed hundreds of thousands of civilians (far more than bin laden ALLEGEDLY did).

May Allah protect us from the deception of the hypocrites, ameen.

IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

Quote abuayisha Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2007 at 5:04pm

I hate to derail this thread, but must respond to your rant.  Like it or not Muslims are by no means monolithic and without a doubt some are not only extremist (fanatical terrorist), but also ignorant of “Jihad” and its lawful purpose.  Maybe you should start a new discussion because what pertinence OBL and Jihad has to do with; “Is Barack Obama Muslim?” totally escapes me.   Killing innocent civilians is not Jihad it is murder and corruption in the land.  Lastly, I see nothing hypocritical about Muslims working with Western governments if it is fighting a common enemy (terrorist) who are a pestilence to all peace loving humans both Muslim and non-Muslim alike. 

Edited by abuayisha
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 23 January 2007 at 6:14pm

Originally posted by Patty

It is never good in the eyes of God Himself to deny your faith. 

Whos said that Barack is doing such a thing ?

To hide his true religion would, and is, causing him problems, both here on earth and with our God. 

Causing him problems ?? is it? or is it that people have a problem. And how can you tell that its causing problems with God?

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2007 at 6:51am

Angel wrote:

"Whos said that Barack is doing such a thing ?"

Several folks have mentioned the "possibility" that he is doing that, Angel.  Re-read all the posts here.

I'm not saying he is doing that, what I am saying is that IF he is hiding his true religion, it is not being honest, and I doubt that Allah/God is pleased with anyone who chooses to hide their chosen religion.  That's all I meant.  Not that he is necessarily doing it.

Peace Always.

Patty

IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 24 January 2007 at 6:54am
Originally posted by abuayisha

I hate to derail this thread, but must respond to your rant.  Like it or not Muslims are by no means monolithic and without a doubt some are not only extremist (fanatical terrorist), but also ignorant of “Jihad” and its lawful purpose.  Maybe you should start a new discussion because what pertinence OBL and Jihad has to do with; “Is Barack Obama Muslim?” totally escapes me.   Killing innocent civilians is not Jihad it is murder and corruption in the land.  Lastly, I see nothing hypocritical about Muslims working with Western governments if it is fighting a common enemy (terrorist) who are a pestilence to all peace loving humans both Muslim and non-Muslim alike. 

Exceptionally good post, abuayisha.  I totally agree with you.

God's Peace to You.

Patty

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version