Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Is there an Islamic response to John 3? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Arab

Online Status: Offline
Quote Arab Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 4:42am

And if we look up any Bible which has a concordance or cross-references, the we will find in the marginal note where the words "the Prophet", or "that Prophet" occur in John 1:25, that these words refer to the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:15 and 18. So what does Deutronomy say?

It says:

18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you (like Moses) from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.

Well who are the Jews' brethren? You guessed it. The Arabs.

If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham, then they are brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the children of the other. The children of Isaac are the Jews and the Children of Ishmael are the Arabs - so they are BRETHREN to one another. The Bible affirms, 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) SHALL DWELL IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.' (Genesis 16:12). 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.(Genesis 25:18). The children of Isaac are the brethren of the Ishmaelites. In like manner Muhummed is from among the brethren of the Israeli tes beause he was a descendant of Ishamel the son of Abraham. This exactly as the prophecy has it- 'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18). There the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel' or from 'among the mselves', but from among their brethren. MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN!

And no two men are so much similar in amazing ways other than Moses and Mohammed. Christians say that the Prophet was Jesus. In no way is Jesus like Moses that Mohammed isnt also.

It also says:

"and will put My words in His mouth"

This is what happened with Mohammed. The Quran was no inspirational revelation. It was a verbal revelation. God Almighty tells Mohammed "Say" and Mohammed says "Say". God tells him "He is Allah the one and only" Mohammed says "He is Allah the one and only". God says "the eternal; absolute" Mohammed says "the eternal absolute". God says "He Begetteth not nor is he begotten." And on and on and on. It fits perfectly like a glove.

"SAY: HE IS ALLAH THE ONE AND ONLY;
ALLAH, THE ETERNAL ABSOLUTE;
HE BEGETTETH NOT, NOR IS HE BEGOTTEN:
AND THERE IS NONE LIKE UNTO HIM.
(Holy Qur'an 112:1-4)

Edited by Arab
IP IP Logged
Sarita

Quote Sarita Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 5:27am
Originally posted by bmzsp

That's all right, Sarita. According to what you quoted, about John the Baptist, that was his testimony.

But I hope you will agree with me that John 21:24 speaks of the testimony of this disciple John.

BMZ

Yes I am in totally agreement with you on that. Excellent research professor!

IP IP Logged
Sarita

Quote Sarita Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 5:36am
Originally posted by Arab

It is interesting to note that:

"19 Now this is the testimony of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, “Who are you?”
20 He confessed, and did not deny, but confessed, “I am not the Christ.”
21 And they asked him, “What then? Are you Elijah?”
He said, “I am not.”
“Are you the Prophet?”
And he answered, “No.”
22 Then they said to him, “Who are you, that we may give an answer to those who sent us? What do you say about yourself?” "

This shows that the Jews were looking for THREE different prophecies to come true not just two. The Christ, Jesus, Elijah, and the Prophet. My Christian brothers only see two questions posed here, not three. Now we ask, who is "the Prophet"? Who else claimed prophecy and had to do with Jesus and John other than Mohammed?

Yes I can see that clearly, that is why my mind is open to Prophet Mohommed being a true prophet. However, I figured they were just asking him the same question in three different ways. If they weren't, then who is Elijah?

IP IP Logged
Sarita

Quote Sarita Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 5:39am

And if we look up any Bible which has a concordance or cross-references, the we will find in the marginal note where the words "the Prophet", or "that Prophet" occur in John 1:25, that these words refer to the prophecy of Deuteronomy 18:15 and 18. So what does Deutronomy say?

It says:

18 I will raise up for them a Prophet like you (like Moses) from among their brethren, and will put My words in His mouth, and He shall speak to them all that I command Him.

Well who are the Jews' brethren? You guessed it. The Arabs.

If Ishmael and Isaac are the sons of the same father Abraham, then they are brothers. And so the children of the one are the BRETHREN of the children of the other. The children of Isaac are the Jews and the Children of Ishmael are the Arabs - so they are BRETHREN to one another. The Bible affirms, 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) SHALL DWELL IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.' (Genesis 16:12). 'AND HE (ISHMAEL) DIED IN THE PRESENCE OF ALL HIS BRETHREN.(Genesis 25:18). The children of Isaac are the brethren of the Ishmaelites. In like manner Muhummed is from among the brethren of the Israeli tes beause he was a descendant of Ishamel the son of Abraham. This exactly as the prophecy has it- 'FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN'.(Deut.18:18). There the prophecy distinctly mentions that the coming prophet who would be like Moses, must arise NOT from the 'children of Israel' or from 'among the mselves', but from among their brethren. MUHUMMED THEREFORE WAS FROM AMONG THEIR BRETHREN!

And no two men are so much similar in amazing ways other than Moses and Mohammed. Christians say that the Prophet was Jesus. In no way is Jesus like Moses that Mohammed isnt also.

It also says:

"and will put My words in His mouth"

This is what happened with Mohammed. The Quran was no inspirational revelation. It was a verbal revelation. God Almighty tells Mohammed "Say" and Mohammed says "Say". God tells him "He is Allah the one and only" Mohammed says "He is Allah the one and only". God says "the eternal; absolute" Mohammed says "the eternal absolute". God says "He Begetteth not nor is he begotten." And on and on and on. It fits perfectly like a glove.

"SAY: HE IS ALLAH THE ONE AND ONLY;
ALLAH, THE ETERNAL ABSOLUTE;
HE BEGETTETH NOT, NOR IS HE BEGOTTEN:
AND THERE IS NONE LIKE UNTO HIM.
(Holy Qur'an 112:1-4)

I can understand that you would feel it was meaning Ishamael. But God was speaking to sons of Isaac, their brothers (i.e. Israel). I feel God was saying that he would raise up someone from Israel.

IP IP Logged
Sarita

Quote Sarita Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 5:42am
The problem we all face is that only God really knows which one is true. I pray we can all step away from our "religion" and put the focus on God and what is His truth.
IP IP Logged
Arab

Quote Arab Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 7:10am

"If they weren't, then who is Elijah?"

I dont know but I think its a biblical contradiction.

Edited by Arab
IP IP Logged
Sarita

Quote Sarita Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 7:32am

"If they weren't, then who is Elijah?"

I dont know but I think its a biblical contradiction.

My dearest Arab, we will have to continue to study this.

IP IP Logged
Arab

Quote Arab Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2006 at 1:55pm

yes we should. Jesus said that Elias was John.

".......ELIAS TRULY SHALL FIRST COME, AND RESTORE ALL THINGS. BUT I SAY UNTO YOU, THAT ELIAS IS COME ALREADY, AND THEY KNEW HIM NOT,...THEN THE DISCIPLES UNDERSTOOD THAT HE SPAKE UNTO THEM OF JOHN THE BAPTIST."(Matthew 17:11-13).

"AND THEY ASKED HIM, AND SAID UNTO HIM, WHEY BAPTIZEST THOU THEN, IF THOU BE
a) NOT THAT CHRIST,
b) NOR ELIAS,
c) NEITHER THAT PROPHET?"

(John 1:25)

It must be noted that at the time of prophet Mohammed, before he migrated to Medinah, when he was at Mecca, he met a couple of guys from Medinah. When he told them he was Mohammed and that he is God's messenger, they were shocked. When he asked them why the shock they said that the Jews in Medinah have been telling them (the Arabs) for some time already that this is the time of the coming of the Prophet and that when he comes they shall follow him and rule over the Arabs so they were shocked that he is the Prophet since he is an Arab and not a Jew. This proves that the Jews knew that there was a Prophet and that he was coming, they even knew exactly when, they just didnt know he was an Arab. Later on, many Jews did convert to Islam and did testify to the Prophet that he is indeed mentioned in there scriptures. There are many many many nice stories about the encounters of Mohammed with the Jews and stories of how they converted to Islam.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version