Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Conspiracy Theories
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Conspiracy Theories
Message Icon Topic: Rushdie(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 23 June 2010 at 7:31pm

Originally posted by Chrysalis

Anyone who has seen that lecture knows it is not true and that he never advocated terrorism in his lecture. This video is years old.

I presume you are referring to Naik's well-publicized comment on Osama Bin Laden: "If he is terrorising the terrorists, if he is terrorising America the terrorist, the biggest terrorist, every Muslim should be a terrorist.”

I don't see how you can understand that as anything other than advocating terrorism.  The fact that the statement is conditional does not help him, because in the first place it is clear that Bin Laden and Al Qaeda (and probably Naik himself) believe that the condition is true, i.e. that America is a terrorist country; but more importantly, because there are no conditions under which terrorism is acceptable, not even if your enemy is a terrorist.  The deliberate taking of innocent human life is always a moral crime (not to mention un-Islamic).  The fact that Naik apparently doesn't understand that is sufficient reason not to allow him into a civilized country.

Edited by Ron Webb - 23 June 2010 at 7:32pm
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
abuayisha

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 24 June 2010 at 10:28am
Well, given Naik's audience (no need for political correctness) I would assume  his comments were tongue-in-cheek.  After all, most Muslims in the Middle East refuse to believe Bin Laden or any other Muslim was responsible for the 911 attacks.  I think to refuse Naiks' entry into a "civilized country" unnecessarily fuels resentment, and gives credibility to his "narrative" back home.
IP IP Logged
Chrysalis

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 24 June 2010 at 12:08pm

I presume you are referring to Naik's well-publicized comment on Osama Bin Laden: "If he is terrorising the terrorists, if he is terrorising America the terrorist, the biggest terrorist, every Muslim should be a terrorist.”

I don't see how you can understand that as anything other than advocating terrorism.  The fact that the statement is conditional does not help him, because in the first place it is clear that Bin Laden and Al Qaeda (and probably Naik himself) believe that the condition is true, i.e. that America is a terrorist country; but more importantly, because there are no conditions under which terrorism is acceptable, not even if your enemy is a terrorist.  The deliberate taking of innocent human life is always a moral crime (not to mention un-Islamic).  The fact that Naik apparently doesn't understand that is sufficient reason not to allow him into a civilized country.

Dr. Zakir Naik responds to the allegations:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFfyV47cFdQ&feature=related

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afTPx5sSk6I&feature=related

Part 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtfySoTSdOQ&feature=related

"O Lord, forgive me, my parents and Muslims in the Hereafter. O Lord, show mercy on them as they showed mercy to me when I was young."
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 24 June 2010 at 12:49pm
What is the definition of a "Civilized Country" politically these days?

To be on the take of "CSI" in Britain and to be on "Amen" list of AIPAC in the land of milk and honey & to be in debt of the banksters in the rest!

You want your independence then you are uncivilized,  LOL

See all six of these clips o CSI!

Edited by Sign*Reader - 24 June 2010 at 1:00pm
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 24 June 2010 at 1:01pm
Chrysalis You beat me to the punch! Thanks
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Chrysalis

Dr. Zakir Naik responds to the allegations:

Sorry, but my bandwidth does not permit me to view Youtube videos, and in any case I'm not interested in watching a half-hour program.  Did Naik have anything specific to say about the statement I quoted from him?
IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 24 June 2010 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by abuayisha

Well, given Naik's audience (no need for political correctness) I would assume  his comments were tongue-in-cheek.  After all, most Muslims in the Middle East refuse to believe Bin Laden or any other Muslim was responsible for the 911 attacks.  I think to refuse Naiks' entry into a "civilized country" unnecessarily fuels resentment, and gives credibility to his "narrative" back home.

And you don't think that Naik's "tongue-in-cheek" comment (one of a great many I could have quoted) would unnecessarily fuel resentment outside the Middle East against Muslims?

I find it astonishing how Muslims can be outraged when non-Muslims stereotype them based on radical extremists, but rush to defend people like Naik who promote and exacerbate the stereotype.  Naik is a true enemy of Islam, who does far, far more harm to the reputation of Islam than Rushdie ever could. 

Edited by Ron Webb - 24 June 2010 at 7:28pm
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 24 June 2010 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb

Originally posted by abuayisha

And you don't think that Naik's "tongue-in-cheek" comment (one of a great many I could have quoted) would unnecessarily fuel resentment outside the Middle East against Muslims?

I find it astonishing how Muslims can be outraged when non-Muslims stereotype them based on radical extremists, but rush to defend people like Naik who promote and exacerbate the stereotype.  Naik is a true enemy of Islam, who does far, far more harm to the reputation of Islam than Rushdie ever could. 

I'll look up to abuayisha's response!

Dr. Naik can take care of his case, he is not a nobody...He won't let Mrs. Mays kick around and get away with!

He has the lawsuit against the Home Secretary and let's see which way the wind blows... The correspondence she sent him ...she doesn't have a case in the court!
And may be you are mistaken he is not domiciled in Middle East aka western occupied territory on Israeli behalf!

With state of the art she is just spinning her wheels cuz she can't keep people in UK from his lectures...All they need is a jumbo-tron and live feed from Mumbai at the locations... You know what I am talking about you may have problems watching Youtube...

Edited by Sign*Reader - 24 June 2010 at 10:03pm
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version