Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: What are they so afraid of? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2006 at 7:50am

Let’s not forget that she was an official in the Karzai government. You have hit the nail where it should be hit.

This government is currently engaged in a civil war. The Afghans are not fighting a civil war, we feel, we are resisting occupation, forced on us through a token puppet, kept alive by Amreeki and elite Israeli bodyguards.

She has been a casualty of being seen as a collaborator. 

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2006 at 7:56am

Pronounced sootul means one under the influence

Uncs, please, don´t mind this chap. We all know his worth by now. I can´t apologise on his behalf, he is definitely from this side of the Suez.

IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2006 at 9:05am

I think that the CIA and the KGB have done a number on the Afghani people and the results are once again hurting any chance for real improvement.

A western set of (im)moral values were imposed by the athiest Soviet Regime.  The CIA armed men in the name of their religion to wage war on our enemy.  (Anyone who thinks the Cold War was Cold doesn't understand history.)  And then when they turned around and plunged the Afghani people back 500 years.  We cried foul.

This woman was murdered for multiple reasons.  I'm sure her place in power, her social programs and her "coziness" with the Americans had much to do with it. 

I still say that schools are the answer instead of bombs.  And I also feel that Islamic Missionaries establishing Madrasses (I know I mispelled that) for boys and girls would be a huge benefit to Afghanistan.  Imagine having every boy and girl fluent and literate. 

Poverty cannot end without education.  The Afghani people cannot stand on their own without empowerment.  They cannot decide their own path without knowing what's out there. 

IP IP Logged
Hayfa
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Hayfa Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2006 at 10:28am

I read a very good book that I recommend by Jason Elliott called An Unexpected Light. He traveled several times in Afghanistan.  What really was apparent to me is that the Afghani people have been under occupation or attempted occupation for a long time. Their country has been destroyed by many outside forces and influences.  Plus one can never know who is doing what unless you are there. I rarely trust media reports.  I think when you like in a world under constant attacks of some sort, your land in mined, your cities and towns were destroyed by the soviets and followed by others everything becomes chaotic.

A number of his t ravels took him to remote villages. And on the way or nearby are these old Russian tanks, basically in the middle of nowhere. What were they doing there? Then they mine the land and then people cannot support themselves, they conscripted men into the army.

I am saddened by all of the death and destruction that is occurring to Afghanistan and the people there.  This woman, like thousands and thousands of others is a casualty of  chaos, war, greed and oppression.

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2006 at 11:33am

A western set of (im)moral values were imposed by the athiest Soviet Regime.  The CIA armed men in the name of their religion to wage war on our enemy.  (Anyone who thinks the Cold War was Cold doesn't understand history.)  And then when they turned around and plunged the Afghani people back 500 years.  We cried foul.

This woman, like thousands and thousands of others is a casualty of  chaos, war, greed and oppression.

Two absolutely divine statements.

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 26 September 2006 at 11:40am

Uncs, it could mean the "voice of Khilafa" or with a mute "w" it becomes the "hour, moment or the time" of khilafa.

Whatever, may he rest in peace.

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 12:13am

At times, even watching some wellknown commercials, aka the BBC news, can solve certain riddles.

This morning I saw this huge global promo, wrapped up as some competition, with a signature tune, put together by some spin masters trained at Anna Freud´s school of Fraudology.

"Changing the Lives of People" must be some noble aim. In fact many champions have been awarded Nobel Prizes just for that - Changing the Lives of People!

Experience shows that such poetic flow past our screens as preambles of more interesting efforts of "changing" peoples´ lives, say, with therapy from 52,000 feet in the air or some other more interesting changes like Qaboos suddenly being flown to take over from his own father - who was declared mad for starting to think of his own people first!

Could anyone please fill me in one the following questions:

Is it possible that when you talk of changing our lives, you are reflecting, in fact, a dream to change your own life?

Is everyone in our world living in the same concrete jungle, with hyped pressures, two visits a week to the shrink and other such status symbols?

Is it ever possible that some people in our world are living more happy lives than you could possibly imagine, but you have to be shown just how "lucky" you are for running hot water and a regular seat at the local theatre?

Is it possible that mothers in some parts of the world might feel a wee different from their sisters stuck in the Madison Avenue?

Why must we change our lives to the west´s prescriptions when all its medicine come pre-packed with 22 side effects?

How important it is for a three years old to know that mama is some Nuerosurgeon or that she is flying the 19:40 to Dubai and will be back by the morning?

Great industrial symbols always work, eveywhere?

How many of know here that every single child across the Muslim world can read the Quran before they are nine. They are taught at home or at the Madrassa?

We are terribly afraid of becoming like you.

(More later . . . must rush)

IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 9:13am

Whisper,

I'm not for "forcing" women into any role.  I am for freeing all people to chose their path.  Without Madame Curie, we would not be able to understand X-rays that have saved thousands of lives.  Without Theano, Pythagoras' theories might have been lost to time and her discovery of the golden rule of geometry, Pascal would have been lost. 

Women have made great contributions to science, math, medicine and social change.  The Florence Nightingales and Clara Bartons of Afghanistan are there waiting to learn.  But, if a woman choses to focus on her children, she should be given the security and encouragement to do that.

I've often dreamed of having the freedom to have a small ranch/farmette here where my kids can run loose for hours and I have the benefit of staying home with them.  But, the more educated I am, the better they will be.  Even if I don't use it. 

Education should be cheap, accessible and equal for all.  Families should be equiped to get out of poverty, avoid debt and provide for the futures of their children. 

The middle class is dwindling in the United States, our system isn't working.  But that doesn't mean the basic fundementals of education are wrong.

You say every single child can read the Quran by 9.  Then why are so many adults illiterate?  This would be a dream that would be nice.  But its not a reality.  If women are forbidden to learn to read, who is going to teach the child at home while the father is working?

This is my problem with the former government of Afghanistan.  I don't care about terrorism, Al Qaeda or OBL.  I care about the Fatimas, Zarehs and Qalats.  I care about the young ones who are doomed to grow poppies for the northern alliance and the child brides sold off because of the poverty. 

I really think more aid and reconstruction money needs dumped into Afghanistan.  No strings attached.  For the Farmers, good crops should be supplied.  For the workers, better jobs.  For all, better schools and healthcare.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version