Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: For StephenC(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 35 Next >>
StephenC

Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 8:49am
Originally posted by bmzsp

StephenC

Your question: "Do you think Muhammad is a true Prophet from God?  If so, why?"

Yes, Muhammad is a true Prophet from God.

Before I answer the second part of your question, I think it would be better to define what a Prophet is, so that we can remain at the same frequency to hear each other.

A prophet can be regarded as:

1. A teacher or interpreter of the Will of God.

2. A person who could foretell events or prophesise.

3. A person who speaks and coveys the message of God.

In case of Muhammad, he conveyed the same message which was given to Moses and Jesus, i.e., "There is no God beside Me", "You shall not worship any other beside me."

The crux of the message is "You will worship only your Lord Almighty with all your hearts, all your minds and all your souls."

When I read Qur'aan, the message given to him, I find that message remains constant and consistent with not an iota changed.

For example, I would not consider Paul an apostle or a prophet, for he changed the messages of his master. 

Another example: Muhammad's message talks only about The Lord Almighty. Ther is no self-praise by him. In fact, his name appears in Qur'aan only four times. A Prophet of God will always talk about God and remain humble to God.

That is what makes Muhammad different from many of the biblical and a few self-appointed prophets or apostles. Muhammad even did not declare that he was a Prophet until quite some time, are you aware of that?

I don't think anyone disputes that there is one God and only one God.

The question is whether Muhammad was just another man (who had a bad childhood and was going through midlife crisis) who felt that people had strayed from God's Word.

Under your definition of a prophet, just about anyone can claim to be a prophet.  This includes Muhammad, Joseph Smith, Clara Prophet (Church Universal Triumpant), Jim and Tammy Bakker, Joel Obsteen (Lakewood Church), and a host of other self appointed prophets. 
Even I could fit under that definition.

But does that make their (and my) revelations from God?  I am suspect of anyone who claims, without proof, of being the one (or last) prophet of God.

Hesitation from running from one "prophet" to another "prophet" is not a bad thing.

Do we really need these self appointed people telling us what to do, what to wear, what to eat, etc.?  We know that there is one God and we know that there are things that we should not do (murder, adultery, selling, etc.)

What did Muhammad bring that was not already known?

IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 8:49am

*pulls out her lawyer suit and little horns, then sets out the sign "Devil's Advocate"*

StephenC,

Prove to me that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and our Savior.  I want PROOF. 

IP IP Logged
StephenC

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 8:54am
Originally posted by Angela

*pulls out her lawyer suit and little horns, then sets out the sign "Devil's Advocate"*

StephenC,

I will gladly do as you request the moment you show where I have made that claim!!!

Remember, the only comment that I made about my religious beliefs was that there is only one God, we should not worship those born of women, and that I am a "John the Baptist" type person (Where did John claim that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and our Savior?).

I am not disputing that Jesus was or wasn't.  That could be the subject of another discussion (remember what happened when I compared Smith with Muhammad!!!?).

With your lawyer suit on, you should realize that this investigation is on Muhammad, not the others!

IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 8:55am

Originally posted by StephenC

StephenC,

You miss one major aspect of Muhammed.  He was sent to a Pagan People to return them to the one true God.  The people he was sent to had risen up Idols, they were burying their daughters alive in the sand and they were practicing all sorts of evil things. 

Muhammed was sent to restore Monotheism and the worship of Gd, Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah to the people who had strayed from God's Truth.

Each Prophet has a task.  Some are to return the people to the right path.  You must look at the mission with the revelation.

IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 8:57am

StephenC,

I will gladly do as you request the moment you show where I have made that claim!!!

Remember, the only comment that I made about my religious beliefs was that there is only one God, we should not worship those born of women, and that I am a "John the Baptist" type person (Where did John claim that Jesus Christ was the Son of God and our Savior?).

I am not disputing that Jesus was or wasn't.  That could be the subject of another discussion (remember what happened when I compared Smith with Muhammad!!!?).

With your lawyer suit on, you should realize that this investigation is on Muhammad, not the others!

What I'm saying is that anyone could demand proof from any religion.  The very nature of religion is belief and faith, not proof.  If there were unquestionable proofs, then we would all be one religion.  There would be no divide.

IP IP Logged
StephenC

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 9:03am

bmzsp wrote:

"Another example: Muhammad's message talks only about The Lord Almighty. Ther is no self-praise by him. In fact, his name appears in Qur'aan only four times. A Prophet of God will always talk about God and remain humble to God.

That is what makes Muhammad different from many of the biblical and a few self-appointed prophets or apostles. Muhammad even did not declare that he was a Prophet until quite some time, are you aware of that?"

stephenc response:

Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)

3:144 AND muhammad is only an apostle; all the [other] apostles have passed away before him: if, then, he dies or is slain, will you turn about on your heels? <>Asad(3,104)   But he that turns about on his heels can in no wise harm God - whereas God will requite all who are grateful [to Him]. from IslamiCity.com Quran search using 'Muhammad'

So he is "only an apostle" not a prophet, not the "LAST" prophet?

IP IP Logged
StephenC

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 11:13am

Angela wrote:

"What I'm saying is that anyone could demand proof from any religion.  The very nature of religion is belief and faith, not proof.  If there were unquestionable proofs, then we would all be one religion.  There would be no divide."

I totally agree with you about belief and faith, not proof.  That applies to Moses, Jesus, Muhammad, Smith Clara Prophet, Jim Bakker, David Kresh, and all the others.  I'm not saying these are or are not true prophets of God.  I just point out to my friends and associates, that they should question in detail any and everyone who makes such a claim as being a special prophet from God.

Looking at the writings of the different religions, I find no errors or contradictions in Moses.

However, I question the writings about Christ, Muhammad, Smith Clara Prophet, Jim Bakker, and David Kresh.

I suspect that in about 100 years or so, there will be an increase in Branch Davidians!

IP IP Logged
StephenC

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 27 September 2006 at 11:16am

StephenC,

You miss one major aspect of Muhammed.  He was sent to a Pagan People to return them to the one true God.  The people he was sent to had risen up Idols, they were burying their daughters alive in the sand and they were practicing all sorts of evil things. 

Muhammed was sent to restore Monotheism and the worship of Gd, Yahweh, Jehovah, Allah to the people who had strayed from God's Truth.

Each Prophet has a task.  Some are to return the people to the right path.  You must look at the mission with the revelation.

It appears that some Muslims today are doing similiar or even worse things in the name of Allah (not the pagan Allah).  So was Muhammad successful?

(Please don't use the lame excuse that others are doing the same thing.  I realize the evilness of man regardless of the religion)

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 35 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version