Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) in the Bible Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Patty

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 16 March 2007 at 4:56pm

"even now christian still insist that the plurality of the word eloh proves their theory about the trinity"

Not Catholic Christians.  We believe there is no absolute proof regarding the Holy Trinity.  It must be taken by FAITH.  As many things regarding religion are.  The Trinity is a mystery.  I know what I believe and why I believe it.  But no one can PROVE the Trinity.  I could (and have) offered many reasons why I believe in it, but I cannot prove it to you.

Peace be with you.

Patty

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote BMZ Replybullet Posted: 16 March 2007 at 5:26pm

To whom this may concern

The Jews are fiercely monotheistic like Muslims.

Elohim or Eloh or Elah does not matter. What matters is that the Jews believe in One God.

Christians also fiercely defend that they are fiercely monotheistic but they are unable to explain.

When Jesus said, "Eloi, Eloi" or "Eli, Eli" or "Elahi, Elahi", he also showed that he was fiercely monotheistic.

"Let us make man in our own image." still shows only one God to the Jews and Muslims but it tells the Christians that there were more Gods and the team of Gods were discussing about creating man in their own image. It also proves that the Gods were like men.

When queen Victoria said,"We are not amused", she was not alone. There were two other Victorias with her.

Have a nice weekend everybody. 

Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
IP IP Logged
mochiah

Quote mochiah Replybullet Posted: 16 March 2007 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by bmzsp

I did not want to start a new thread, hence I am posting here:

This question is open to all:

mochiah,

Did Jesus carry a staff like Moses did?

Why did you ask me that question?

IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote BMZ Replybullet Posted: 17 March 2007 at 4:58am
Originally posted by mochiah

Originally posted by bmzsp

I did not want to start a new thread, hence I am posting here:

This question is open to all:

mochiah,

Did Jesus carry a staff like Moses did?

Why did you ask me that question?

Prophet followed Moses and carried a staff. I did not see Jesus carrying one. I made a mistake. I should not have addressed it to you. Sorry about that. My sincere apologies.

BMZ

Shasta's Aunt: "Well, there's the difference you see. The Bible was written by man about God, The Quran was revealed to man by God."
IP IP Logged
Doo-bop

Senior  Member

Quote Doo-bop Replybullet Posted: 17 March 2007 at 7:12am

So, Sawtul, it looks as though you have succeeded in changing the topic of the thread.  That is a pity, as I was hoping to hear more proofs of Muhammad in the Bible

IP IP Logged
Sawtul Khilafah

Senior  Member

Quote Sawtul Khilafah Replybullet Posted: 17 March 2007 at 8:06am
Originally posted by Doo-bop

So, Sawtul, it looks as though you have succeeded in changing the topic of the thread.  That is a pity, as I was hoping to hear more proofs of Muhammad in the Bible

What on earth are you talking about? I was discussing the "im" in the Biblical prophecy as it says "MHMDim". I said that the "im" is not plural in the sense of more than one person because it is also used for ELOHim.

IP IP Logged
Sawtul Khilafah

Senior  Member

Quote Sawtul Khilafah Replybullet Posted: 17 March 2007 at 9:23am

There is also a very intresting prophecy in the book of Isaiah:

For thus said the Lord unto me: `Go, station the watchman, That which he seeth let him declare.'

And he hath seen a chariot -- a couple of horsemen, The rider of an ass, the rider of a camel, And he hath given attention -- He hath increased attention!

And he crieth -- a lion, `On a watch-tower my lord, I am standing continually by day, And on my ward I am stationed whole nights.

And lo, this, the chariot of a man is coming, A couple of horsemen.' And he answereth and saith: `Fallen, fallen hath Babylon, And all the graven images of her gods He hath broken to the earth.

O my threshing, and the son of my floor, That which I heard from Jehovah of Hosts, God of Israel, I have declared to you!'

The burden of Dumah. Unto me is [one] calling from Seir `Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?'

The watchman hath said, `Come hath morning, and also night, If ye inquire, inquire ye, turn back, come.'

The burden on Arabia. In a forest in Arabia ye lodge, O travellers of Dedanim.

To meet the thirsty brought water have Inhabitants of the land of Tema, With his bread they came before a fugitive.

For from the face of destructions they fled, From the face of a stretched-out sword, And from the face of a trodden bow, And from the face of the grievousness of battle.

For thus said the Lord unto me: `Within a year, as years of a hireling, Consumed hath been all the honour of Kedar.

And the remnant of the number of bow-men, The mighty of the sons of Kedar are few, For Jehovah, God of Israel, hath spoken!'

(Bible: Old Testament: Isaiah 21: 6-17)

The above Prophecy mentions the coming of riders on horses, then the rider of an ass/donkey and then the rider of a Camel.

" A couple of horsemen.' And he answereth and saith: `Fallen, fallen hath Babylon, And all the graven images of her gods He hath broken to the earth. O my threshing, and the son of my floor, That which I heard from Jehovah of Hosts, God of Israel, I have declared to you!' "

There is no doubt that Cyrus and his army rode on horses, and ofcourse one of their greatest victories was the conquest of Babylon and freeing the Jews from it's idol worshipping oppressive rulers.

The one riding an ass is clearly the Messiah, 'Eesa (Jesus) peace be upon him. (There are more prophecies in the Old Testament that mention the Messiah coming, riding on an Ass/Donkey.)
There is some explanation given regarding the rider on the Ass:

"The burden of Dumah. Unto me is [one] calling from Seir `Watchman, what of the night? Watchman, what of the night?'

The watchman hath said, `Come hath morning, and also night, If ye inquire, inquire ye, turn back, come.' "

Intrestingly, in Deutronomy verse 31, there is another prophecy regarding Jesus ('Eesa) which also associates him with Seir.

Finally there is a prophecy about the coming of a man from Arabia, riding on a Camel:

The burden on Arabia. In a forest in Arabia ye lodge, O travellers of Dedanim.

To meet the thirsty brought water have Inhabitants of the land of Tema, With his bread they came before a fugitive.

For from the face of destructions they fled, From the face of a stretched-out sword, And from the face of a trodden bow, And from the face of the grievousness of battle.

For thus said the Lord unto me: `Within a year, as years of a hireling, Consumed hath been all the honour of Kedar.

And the remnant of the number of bow-men, The mighty of the sons of Kedar are few, For Jehovah, God of Israel, hath spoken!

It mentions an Arab fugitive who must be helped by other tribes. This fugitive has fled from other Arabs (Kedar) who wanted to kill him. This prophecy sounds just like the historical Hijrah of Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) who left Meccah after it's people tried to kill him, and went to Madinah along with Hazrat Abu Bakr, both riding on Camels. When they entered Madinah, the people there helped him, gave him food and water, as Prophecised. It also prophecises the fall of Kedar (those Arabs who opposed the "fugitive").

The Bible makes it clear that Kedar and Tema (the two tribes mentioned in Isaiah 21) are the sons of Ishmael:

and these [are] the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their births: first-born of Ishmael, Nebajoth; and Kedar, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,

and Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa, 15 Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah.

(Bible: Old Testament: Genesist 25:13)

So we conclude that Isaiah chapter 21 is actually prophecising the coming of Cyrus/DhulQarnayn, Jesus/'Eesa, and Mohammad (peace and blessings be upon them) who came in the exact same order as mentioned in the prophecy.

Edited by Sawtul Khilafah
IP IP Logged
mochiah

Quote mochiah Replybullet Posted: 17 March 2007 at 9:28am
I would say this will happen when Babylon(Iraq And Iran) will attack us
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version