Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups Men (Brothers)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups Men (Brothers)
Message Icon Topic: What is Love? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 3
.:: SoHaIB ::.

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote .:: SoHaIB ::. Replybullet Posted: 24 March 2007 at 1:31pm

Although they do say that

True love is desiring happiness for the person you love, even if you are not a part of that happiness.

IP IP Logged
Megatron

Quote Megatron Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:52pm

Love is just Nature/God's way to make sure that people reproduce with one another or in the case of children, it's a way to protect your progeny.  It's completely artificial and fake.

For those who say they 'love' God, I say do you really , 'love' God or do you 'love' the idea that an all powerful deity will provide you with paradise and spare you from Hell.

Human's are selfish both from a biological and spiritual perspective.  Love isn't real.   

IP IP Logged
rookaiya

Quote rookaiya Replybullet Posted: 11 April 2007 at 10:58pm
megatron i couldnt agree more. there is no such thing as love. its an idea that is conjured up in ones head. but its lack clear definition and has enslaved many people in the past. so much has been said about love, yet love is something that just makes no sense at all. love is blind, love hopes all things and belives all things...these are all meaningless words. bottom line is that love doesnt pay the bills, nor does love keep u company in the middle of the night. how many people claim to love you, yet their actions are contrary to their claims. love is just an over rated concept, which i steer clear of.
"so surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surely with every difficulty there is relief. Surah 94. verses 5 and 6
IP IP Logged
shoe ba

Quote shoe ba Replybullet Posted: 31 May 2007 at 9:38am

I really want to reply here, but I am not sure what to say...but here goes!

Love is undefinable, as you say, and doesn't have much to do with certain major details of living like paying bills.  But it kind of does too.  Why would you commit to solving major problems, like paying for things, if you didn't love the person you were doing this for?  Both partners, when they love each other, show it by doing things for one another and asking each others opinions about household matters and thinking of the other person when shopping or arranging furniture.  It all sounds so silly, but these are the actions of love.

Insert funny comment here
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 12 June 2007 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Megatron

Love is just Nature/God's way to make sure that people reproduce with one another or in the case of children, it's a way to protect your progeny.  It's completely artificial and fake.

For those who say they 'love' God, I say do you really , 'love' God or do you 'love' the idea that an all powerful deity will provide you with paradise and spare you from Hell.

Human's are selfish both from a biological and spiritual perspective.  Love isn't real.   

I disagree..You shouldn't get procreation confused with love. One is instinctual and the other made with emotion (mainly in the Amygdala).

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 3
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version