Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:
         

Prophets – Muhammad
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Prophets – Muhammad
Message Icon Topic: Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday Celebration Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Author Message
robin
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 17 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 595
Quote robin Replybullet Posted: 25 May 2008 at 2:53pm
Why do muslims celerbrate birthdays when they are pagan?
IP IP Logged
mariyah
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 March 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1283
Quote mariyah Replybullet Posted: 30 May 2008 at 3:10pm
Well Robin, I guess that is best answered by words from your own book:
 
 
Judge not that you not be judged, for with what measure you measure, you shall also be measured.
 
One thing that I have noticed about your JW religion is that often they are so busy decrying the practices of others in the world that they appear to become haughty and self righteous and lack the appearance of humility that the great Teacher Jesus advised. 
Sure you must watch for the wolves in sheeps clothing, but to the detriment of the follower, the follower becomes as the wolf. Another issue I have with your belief system is the discouragement of higher education, thus the follower remains immersed in ignorance and is easily brainwashed and cannot converse in a congenial manner with a person not of his persuasion. I find many of your posts to have the appearance of being coarse and abrasive, and feel as if I am being personally attacked. I was wondering if you were aware of this? It is best not to put the person whom you are debating with on the defensive, such as I have done here with you. It does prove a point?
 
To answer your questions, I do not celebrate birthdays (the example of the page roman emperor, btw your bible was adapted by a then pagan roman emperor,) christmas (feast of the saturnalia), easter (spring equinox) or any of the holidays not prescribed by the quran. If a Muslim chooses any of these practices for themselves, then he or she will have to account to God and it is between Him and them and that alone. We will all answer to God on the last day, the day of Judgement. It is NOT for me to judge, even judging you is not advised so I am going to leave you with this.
 
Judge not that ye not be judged.


Edited by mariyah - 30 May 2008 at 3:15pm
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
IP IP Logged
robin
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 17 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 595
Quote robin Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2008 at 1:00am
Originally posted by mariyah

Well Robin, I guess that is best answered by words from your own book:
 
 
Judge not that you not be judged, for with what measure you measure, you shall also be measured.
 
One thing that I have noticed about your JW religion is that often they are so busy decrying the practices of others in the world that they appear to become haughty and self righteous and lack the appearance of humility that the great Teacher Jesus advised. 
Sure you must watch for the wolves in sheeps clothing, but to the detriment of the follower, the follower becomes as the wolf. Another issue I have with your belief system is the discouragement of higher education, thus the follower remains immersed in ignorance and is easily brainwashed and cannot converse in a congenial manner with a person not of his persuasion. I find many of your posts to have the appearance of being coarse and abrasive, and feel as if I am being personally attacked. I was wondering if you were aware of this? It is best not to put the person whom you are debating with on the defensive, such as I have done here with you. It does prove a point?
 
To answer your questions, I do not celebrate birthdays (the example of the page roman emperor, btw your bible was adapted by a then pagan roman emperor,) christmas (feast of the saturnalia), easter (spring equinox) or any of the holidays not prescribed by the quran. If a Muslim chooses any of these practices for themselves, then he or she will have to account to God and it is between Him and them and that alone. We will all answer to God on the last day, the day of Judgement. It is NOT for me to judge, even judging you is not advised so I am going to leave you with this.
 
Judge not that ye not be judged.
 
Have you ever read what Jesus said in exposing what he thought not the be right:-
 
Matthew 11:21-24
"Woe to you, Cho·ra´zin! Woe to you, Beth·sa´i·da! because if the powerful works had taken place in Tyre and Si´don that took place in YOU, they would long ago have repented in sackcloth and ashes. 22 Consequently I say to YOU, It will be more endurable for Tyre and Si´don on Judgment Day than for YOU. 23 And you, Ca·per´na·um, will you perhaps be exalted to heaven? Down to Ha´des you will come; because if the powerful works that took place in you had taken place in Sod´om, it would have remained until this very day. 24 Consequently I say to YOU people, It will be more endurable for the land of Sod´om on Judgment Day than for you."
 
Matthew 23:13-32
"Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU shut up the kingdom of the heavens before men; for YOU yourselves do not go in, neither do YOU permit those on their way in to go in. 14 —— 15 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one YOU make him a subject for Ge·hen´na twice as much so as yourselves. 16 "Woe to YOU, blind guides, who say, ‘If anyone swears by the temple, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gold of the temple, he is under obligation.’ 17 Fools and blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gold or the temple that has sanctified the gold? 18 Also, ‘If anyone swears by the altar, it is nothing; but if anyone swears by the gift on it, he is under obligation.’ 19 Blind ones! Which, in fact, is greater, the gift or the altar that sanctifies the gift? 20 Therefore he that swears by the altar is swearing by it and by all the things on it; 21 and he that swears by the temple is swearing by it and by him that is inhabiting it; 22 and he that swears by heaven is swearing by the throne of God and by him that is sitting on it. 23 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU give the tenth of the mint and the dill and the cumin, but YOU have disregarded the weightier matters of the Law, namely, justice and mercy and faithfulness. These things it was binding to do, yet not to disregard the other things. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat but gulp down the camel! 25 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of plunder and immoderateness. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup and of the dish, that the outside of it also may become clean. 27 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU resemble whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full of dead men’s bones and of every sort of uncleanness. 28 In that way YOU also, outwardly indeed, appear righteous to men, but inside YOU are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness. 29 "Woe to YOU, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because YOU build the graves of the prophets and decorate the memorial tombs of the righteous ones, 30 and YOU say, ‘If we were in the days of our forefathers, we would not be sharers with them in the blood of the prophets.’ 31 Therefore YOU are bearing witness against yourselves that YOU are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Well, then, fill up the measure of YOUR forefathers.
 
Luke 6:24-26
"But woe to YOU rich persons, because YOU are having YOUR consolation in full. 25 "Woe to YOU who are filled up now, because YOU will go hungry. "Woe, YOU who are laughing now, because YOU will mourn and weep. 26 "Woe, whenever all men speak well of YOU, for things like these are what their forefathers did to the false prophets.
 
Luke 11:42-52
But woe to YOU Pharisees, because YOU give the tenth of the mint and the rue and of every [other] vegetable, but YOU pass by the justice and the love of God! These things YOU were under obligation to do, but those other things not to omit. 43 Woe to YOU Pharisees, because YOU love the front seats in the synagogues and the greetings in the marketplaces! 44 Woe to YOU, because YOU are as those memorial tombs which are not in evidence, so that men walk upon them and do not know [it]!" 45 In answer a certain one of those versed in the Law said to him: "Teacher, in saying these things you also insult us." 46 Then he said: "Woe also to YOU who are versed in the Law, because YOU load men with loads hard to be borne, but YOU yourselves do not touch the loads with one of YOUR fingers! 47 "Woe to YOU, because YOU build the memorial tombs of the prophets, but YOUR forefathers killed them! 48 Certainly YOU are witnesses of the deeds of YOUR forefathers and yet YOU give consent to them, because these killed the prophets but YOU are building [their tombs]. 49 On this account the wisdom of God also said, ‘I will send forth to them prophets and apostles, and they will kill and persecute some of them, 50 so that the blood of all the prophets spilled from the founding of the world may be required from this generation, 51 from the blood of Abel down to the blood of Zech·a·ri´ah, who was slain between the altar and the house.’ Yes, I tell YOU, it will be required from this generation. 52 "Woe to YOU who are versed in the Law, because YOU took away the key of knowledge; YOU yourselves did not go in, and those going in YOU hindered!"
 
 
Perhaps you need to get to know Jesus a little more?
 
The Bible condems Christmas and Easter as Demon wirship!
 
The Bible is:-
2 Timothy 3:16-17
All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.
 
 
 
Your words are "your bible was adapted by a then pagan roman emperor" so as the Qur'an quotes from the Bible in many, many ways where does that put your Qur'an??    In the same postion!


Edited by robin - 09 June 2008 at 1:06am
IP IP Logged
mariyah
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 29 March 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1283
Quote mariyah Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2008 at 9:05am



Edited by mariyah - 30 June 2008 at 9:16am
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
IP IP Logged
robin
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member


Joined: 17 May 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 595
Quote robin Replybullet Posted: 29 June 2008 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by mariyah

"Your words are "your bible was adapted by a then pagan roman emperor" so as the Qur'an quotes from the Bible in many, many ways where does that put your Qur'an??    In the same postion!"
 
Robin, for a Jehovahs witness you appear  very angry, you would drive a person away with your approach Please remember this is a "muslim forum" and be more polite.
I am surprised, the JW's here (in the US, the origin of the religion) are kind and patient, are we good examples of our religions? Are you indeed a good witness to the nations?
 
Muslims recognize the Injeel (gospels of Jesus) and the Psalms and proverbs as well as the torah in ITS ORIGINAL FORM"  which is not yet been found. Tell me, have you seen any aramaic scriptures, the language of Jesus?
Interesting olso, we both believe in Judgement Day and attaining Paradise. That is interesting. What is also interesting is your quote regarding the rich. Are you implying we Muslims as a whole are rich and not giving?
Islam has five pillars of faith. One of them is Zakat, or the paying of charity. We are also encouraged to be charitable and polite to our nieghbors, muslim and non muslim alike. We are to uphold the teachings to the new ones among us. We are to engage in regular prayer, Your female JWs cannot pray in the presence of a man without either his permission and you must cover your head if you do so. sounds familiar? We Muslimahs must also cover when praying. We are not to be in the company alone of the opposite sex unless we are related or our husbands or sons are present, sound familiar?
Each individual is charged to be accountable before God, Allah, Jehovah, Yahweh, as he is known in different languages to different peoples of the Abrahamic faiths. Arab Christians also call God Allah, that is the word that is native to the language.  I am curious why you are busy attacking Muslims here and why you are not in another christian based forum attacking them? this is not the only thread i have seen you post in. After all, what I have learned of your particular group is that is you are not a follower of the Watchtower Bible and tract society then you will burn in hellfire. Your group uses your translation of the bible to shout the condemnation of fellow christians.
If it works for you, that is great. But please, gather your pioneer points or hours elsewhere, you are supposed to work in 2's and you are not doing that here.
May you have peace. I am done with replying to you as you remind me of an internet troll and there is no debate there.

 
Then do not insult my Bible!
 
Hellfire does not exist so you cannot make us fear with that Pagan godless myth!


Edited by robin - 29 June 2008 at 1:55pm
IP IP Logged
IssaEl999
 
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: 10 March 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 336
Quote IssaEl999 Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2011 at 2:14pm
Where In Qur'aan Does Say To Celebration Any Peophet's Birthday ? I Can't Find It !
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
IP IP Logged
semar
 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar
Senior Member

Joined: 11 March 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1329
Quote semar Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2011 at 4:39pm
Salam,
 
IMHO, why we don't ask the other way around, "where is in the Quran that prohibit birth day celebration".
 
In my understanding the only prohibition of invention is on "prescribed ibadah/worship" such as: fasting, salat (prescribed prayers), hajj, etc. In this case we have to do exactly (as close as) what the prophet did. For example the number of units (rakaah) in salat, where we have to face salat, which part of your body must be cover when salat etc. But what kind of fabric or color or style when you perform salat as long as cover the minimum requirement of your body will be OK.
 
During the prophet time we use stick or use vision to know the time for prayer, this days we use clock based on computer calculation, we also use microphone and speakers during slat and adzan, that never use during prophet time. Similar in hajj, how many turn when you do tawaf (circulating kabah), is fix we can not add or reduce, but how you get to mecca in the past they rode camel, but this day we use air plane, we use air condition in the tent are OK too.
 
So back on birth day, yes it's not Islamic tradition, but so what. Plane, car, air condition, microphone, speakers, clock, computer, alarm clock are not Islamic traditions. So to me the concern regarding birth day celebration of the prophet or any-body's birth day in that's mater, is how we celebrate it. If the celebration is with dancing, drinking and any other "in-proper" activities, yes we should avoid it, however if the activity let say lecture about the prophet history or any other activity that can refresh our love and respect to prophet Muhammad why not.


Edited by semar - 29 March 2011 at 4:41pm
Salam/Peace,
Semar
The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full"
"1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
IP IP Logged
IssaEl999
 
Guest Group
Guest Group
Avatar

Joined: 10 March 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 336
Quote IssaEl999 Replybullet Posted: 29 March 2011 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by semar

Salam,
 
IMHO, why we don't ask the other way around, "where is in the Quran that prohibit birth day celebration".
 
In my understanding the only prohibition of invention is on "prescribed ibadah/worship" such as: fasting, salat (prescribed prayers), hajj, etc. In this case we have to do exactly (as close as) what the prophet did. For example the number of units (rakaah) in salat, where we have to face salat, which part of your body must be cover when salat etc. But what kind of fabric or color or style when you perform salat as long as cover the minimum requirement of your body will be OK.
 
During the prophet time we use stick or use vision to know the time for prayer, this days we use clock based on computer calculation, we also use microphone and speakers during slat and adzan, that never use during prophet time. Similar in hajj, how many turn when you do tawaf (circulating kabah), is fix we can not add or reduce, but how you get to mecca in the past they rode camel, but this day we use air plane, we use air condition in the tent are OK too.
 
So back on birth day, yes it's not Islamic tradition, but so what. Plane, car, air condition, microphone, speakers, clock, computer, alarm clock are not Islamic traditions. So to me the concern regarding birth day celebration of the prophet or any-body's birth day in that's mater, is how we celebrate it. If the celebration is with dancing, drinking and any other "in-proper" activities, yes we should avoid it, however if the activity let say lecture about the prophet history or any other activity that can refresh our love and respect to prophet Muhammad why not.
 
 
So The Answer To My Question < Where In Qur'aan Does Say To Celebration Any Peophet's Birthday ? > Nowhere  Right ?
El's Holy Qur'aan , States In Chapter 17 ; 81 , '' And Say ; Truth Has ( Now ) Arrived , And Falsehood Perished ; For Falsehood Is ( By Its Nature ) Bound To Perish (81 ) .
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed herein contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of IslamiCity. This forum is offered to stimulate dialogue and discussion in our continuing mission of being an educational organization.
If there is any issue with any of the postings please email to icforum at islamicity.com or if you are a forum's member you can use the report button.

Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com

Advertisement:



Sponsored by:
Islamicity Membership Program:
IslamiCity Donation Program  http://www.islamicity.com/Donate
IslamiCity Arabic eLearning http://www.islamiCity.com/ArabAcademy
Complete Domain & Hosting Solutions www.icDomain.com
Home for Muslim Tunes www.icTunes.com
Islamic Video Collections www.islamiTV.com
IslamiCity Marriage Site www.icMarriage.com