Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: A fair discussion on my beloved Kashmir Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
s666

Online Status: Offline
Quote s666 Replybullet Posted: 07 October 2006 at 6:21am
Originally posted by skygazer

Here's a silly suggestion: why not have the people who live there vote on what kind of country they want?

you yourself say that its a silly suggestion.  few islamic countries have an elected government.  then whats the meaning of 'vote'?
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 12 October 2006 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by s666

hi everyone!

i personally feel that it should be a part of india.  it is of course my personal opinion.  i feel so because kashmir has been a part of india for millennia and india does not give any preference to a particular religion.  this has been the trend all the time.  one cannot part it in the name of religion.

If we use millennia time frame, it drops in Mahmud Ghazanvi's era, so it should be part of Afghanistan

Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
s666

Quote s666 Replybullet Posted: 14 October 2006 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Sign*Reader

hi everyone!

i personally feel that it should be a part of india.  it is of course my personal opinion.  i feel so because kashmir has been a part of india for millennia and india does not give any preference to a particular religion.  this has been the trend all the time.  one cannot part it in the name of religion.

If we use millennia time frame, it drops in Mahmud Ghazanvi's era, so it should be part of Afghanistan

i did not say millenium, i said millenia.

afghanistan was an indian territoty.  look at the history of afghanistan.
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 15 October 2006 at 10:16pm

hi everyone!

i did not say millenium, i said millenia.

You:afghanistan was an indian territoty.  look at the history of afghanistan. Me: Not since the advent of Islam. And yes in the days of Mogul Emperor Aurangzeb, what does that prove?

mil·len·ni·um

n. pl. mil·len·ni·a (-ln-) or mil·len·ni·ums
  1. A span of one thousand years.
  2. A thousand-year period of holiness mentioned in Revelation 20, during which Jesus and his faithful followers are to rule on earth.
  3. A hoped-for period of joy, serenity, prosperity, and justice.
  4. A thousandth anniversary.

Seems like you are beating about the bush, or trying to go all the way back to stone age of the subcontinent to make some point. Blurt it instead  of getting into  semantics.

Other than the sycophants of the Israeli/New East India Companies& Multi nationals, most Indians are living in poverty as if the stone age wasn't that far away.
You can argue till the cows come home, the sutuation on the ground is not what it was in 1947 Kashmir. Then the Kashmiris were timid in bondage and afraid to handle a gun in deep slumber than what they are now.
Hindus were in cahoots with Radcliffe, who bribed him for the passage to paradise on earth which turned out to be hell for occupation thugs. I don't know you are old enough to know the facts.

I see Jinnah was st**id or acted like one who got duped with Radcliffe's lopsided award. He was blind or in drunken stupor to the significance of the district of Gurdaspur which was Muslim majority area and be part of the Pakistan Award. It was akin to a case of not reporting to police after getting gang raped.

IMHO based on info I got less people would have gotten killed if there was an all out war. And the final outcome would have created a map which everybody could live with. What you have instead rampent corruption and lack of respect for law n order in both countries.

How in dirty politics of partition such a big country, Jinnah who trusted Brit's like angels could get a fair shake? when Jwahr Lal Nehru was having an affair with one of them angels Lady Mountbatten. And it was no state secret if some one likes to know.

To make the things worse 2 Gujratis(Gandhi the sly one&Patel the killer snake ) against a single  Gujrati( JInnah) Not fair

The number of hapless Muslims who escaped from other areas in Punjab thinking they were in the safe zone considering Gurdaspur part of Pakistan who got massacred, looted, or raped is in millions.

It was a double whammy for new nation and it's ignorant masses.
1. Transfer of the most strategic area of Pakistani to India and no issue could be made.
2. The Holocaust of the unsuspecting migrants and local people in Gurdaspur.
3. The passage for Indian occupation force was facilitated unhindered.

I grant you bribing of  Radcliffe may not be immoral according to Hindu Politics considering if they can shoot their BAPO later on, what was the big deal about a district or two snaching away in the loot.
You know it was to let Indians find out that payback is hell. 
The Indian conspired and cheated so they have occupation monkey on their shoulders.
Do you ever hear Kashmiri fighting against Pakistan?
 Isn't that good enough argument against Indian occupation?
And finally India acting like brown colonisers over Kashmiris, trying to copy the Anglo sexon masters will never pan out.

Ask your new masters, cronies & partners in crime about the Afghanistan experience. Or Indians have joined them already
Your 500,000 armed thugs have not been able to cow poor  n unarmed Kashmiris speaks volumes about the capabilities of Indian occupiers.
All I know what our boss gave on his farewell and it reads:
"Still, if you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not so costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance for survival. There may be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no chance of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."

Edited by Sign*Reader
Kismet Domino: Faith/Courage/Liberty/Abundance/Selfishness/Immorality/Apathy/Bondage or extinction.
IP IP Logged
skygazer

Groupie
Groupie

Quote skygazer Replybullet Posted: 17 October 2006 at 12:54pm

Seems like you are beating about the bush, or trying to go all the way back to stone age of the subcontinent to make some point. Blurt it instead  of getting into  semantics.

Look at his "response" to my suggestion. This guy isn't interested in discussion. He's what we call a "troll": "a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people."

Good article on these idiots:

http://hometown.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

They're everywhere; it's why I almost never post on any forum anymore. But a lot of people here have good things to say, so I drop in to read

Edited by skygazer
IP IP Logged
s666

Quote s666 Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2006 at 7:53am
Originally posted by skygazer

Look at his "response" to my suggestion. This guy isn't interested in discussion. He's what we call a "troll": "a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people."

"You're probably wondering why I'm here,
And so am I, so am I."
                      Frank Zappa

they gel well for you... don't they?
IP IP Logged
s666

Quote s666 Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2006 at 7:56am

Me: Not since the advent of Islam. And yes in the days of Mogul Emperor Aurangzeb, what does that prove?

brother, world did not start in the 7th century.

what does it prove?  the same thing you were trying to prove by saying, "If we use millennia time frame, it drops in Mahmud Ghazanvi's era, so it should be part of Afghanistan"
IP IP Logged
Sign*Reader

Senior  Member

Quote Sign*Reader Replybullet Posted: 19 October 2006 at 1:19pm

Me: Not since the advent of Islam. And yes in the days of Mogul Emperor Aurangzeb, what does that prove?

brother, world did not start in the 7th century.

what does it prove?  the same thing you were trying to prove by saying, "If we use millennia time frame, it drops in Mahmud Ghazanvi's era, so it should be part of Afghanistan"

Hey quit trolling-- Did I say the world start in the 7th century? If you know a new calendar did start though unless you feign ignorance like a typical bania.

You chickened out to address the other related issues mentioned.

Back to millenia argument say  Mauryan Ashoka Empire 250 BC then Pakistan, Bangladesh, part of Afghanistan, Iran should be sucked back in the Indian hegemony if possible by any means. rats

BTW don't hold you breath, your face may turn blue rather blackish.
Your Karma is goin horrible forget about Kashmir right now.

Rx
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/06/0628_040628_ tvrats.htm

head to Karni Mata Temple and feed n worship the ugliest rat for  forty days and nights; sleep only if the rats clear enough room for you,

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version