Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Fogtrik and Others Please see! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:52pm

Don't forget the Christian wife! 

I don't subscribe to Freud.  He was a cocaine addict.  His work on the hysteria of women would have us all believe that its the norm for women to be abused by their fathers. 

IP IP Logged
ABK_Ms

Quote ABK_Ms Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Angela

Disciples of Christ were Alcohol addicts:) But I am not defending Freud. Christian wife turning to Islam is the complete story.:) Still today marrying christian women is allowed in Islam. I think that mother of the Muslims was very lucky to have Prophet Muhammad (May peace be on him forever).

Most of the scholars and philosophers are addicted to one or the other thing. I am addicted to ask. Are you now clear about Aisha's marriage with the Prophet Muhammad?

Regards from ABK
IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 3:10pm

Its still hard to comprehend.  Even trying to understand the differences in time periods and cultures.  I look at children and see children, not little adults.  I guess its just a 21st Century mindset.  And perhaps that is why Muhammed (pbuh) was lead to take Aisha as his wife.  As a test of belief for others. 

Some say that is why my Prophet Joseph was commanded to take a second wife and restore the practice of plural marriage to Christianity.

IP IP Logged
ABK_Ms

Quote ABK_Ms Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 3:23pm

If you are online can you come and meet me live? My MSN messenger add is ahmad_mf1@hotmail.com and yahoo messengers is ahmadbk_its@yahoo.com.

We can have a live debate on it. See if you want to dig out reality come live.

Regards from ABK
IP IP Logged
ABK_Ms

Quote ABK_Ms Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 3:53pm

Originally posted by ABK_Ms

Dont want to have a debat? Ok! Polygamy is a separate issue. We were talking about marriage of a nine years old girl. Which was for everyone. i tell u traditional historians have contradictions in their says. If you read taqreeb e tehzeeb you will see that historians say Aisha was 19 years old when she got married. Many are of the view that she was in her teenages. So dont stick to just one view point. However, I have told u the facts. Now it is up to u to decide whether it satisfies u or not. But dear dont say you can surmise. Put your foot in the shoe of the sufferer and then proclaim what u have said:)

Regards from ABK
IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 25 August 2006 at 6:47am
I had left work when you posted this.  You've been added.  Thanks for your care in explaining about Aisha.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version