Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: creation never happened! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 25 Next >>
Ginghis
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote Ginghis Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 4:31am

So billions of people of faith studying road maps for the soul, and achieving predictable results "are wasting their time" I'd say you approach is unscientific Foggy. There is a lot more to us than just atoms.

IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 6:00am
I stumbled on a tv program today about the universe, I don't know what it was called would have to check the guide, but it mentioned that the universe is about 15 billion years old. Since the universe is expanding and it had to originate from a point so there is some measurement.
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Muhammad77

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Muhammad77 Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 6:23am
The definition of 'planet' has changed. Now there are 12 planets in the solar system.
IP IP Logged
Ginghis
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ginghis Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 6:25am

Scuse me Fog

I must insist

There is a bit

Your science missed

Tell me sir

Why I cry

Not bout the glands

Behind my eye

What is Love

That brings us joy

The bond that binds

Girl to boy

And in your search

Of this relation

Here’s a thought

About Creation

As well as logic

We have emotion

From which we climbed

Just like an ocean

Even you

In this text space

Have shown belief

It’s just misplaced.

IP IP Logged
fogtrik

Groupie
Groupie

Quote fogtrik Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 6:47am

1.2 billion studying belief is fine, its still just belief. However to reject evolution given the 10,000,000's of pages of evidence which is all interlinked. Its your belief, which can't be proven as correct narrows your mind so you reject evolution which is proven.

IP IP Logged
Ginghis
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ginghis Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 7:05am

I have not rejected evolution I just don't know how it fits into Creation. We have not studied evolution long enough to be definite. Its results are always expressed in percentages with a "therefore". Then suddenly the next brilliant scientific mind shows us more. I submit it is too soon to draw conclusions on sciences revelations. Can finite really fathom infinite?

Edited by Ginghis
IP IP Logged
lovetabuleh

Quote lovetabuleh Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 8:33am

that was a superb poem ginghis!  I like it very much.  :)  especially in the end when you say he has belief but jut misplaced.  ingenious.  that's a method of approach that i think muslims must follow.  have you read the poem i posted?

:)

IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 24 August 2006 at 8:44am

Hasn't anyone read the Quranic passage that "Allah is the bestower of colors and forms?" Fogtrik I myself who have studied the behavioral sciences (psychology) I cannot say I'm well versed in the many particulars of empirical science, but what I can say is that evolutionist do not deny nor prove the existence of God. Many scientist have their own opinions on their field research and believe that their findings on the simple and complex level does not involve some mystical force behind it. Meaning, that their minds does not convince them at that time, the moment of their finding that there is no mystical force right then and there. That doesn't mean they disprove God creating the universe that means that they cannot PHYSICALLY prove God's hand  in creation.

Most scientist are taught to measure reality with empirical methods so its not uncommon to here many people such as yourself fogtrik to mistake that for rejection of God as well as religionist here. There are some athiest among some scientist who disbelieve God's existence due to their professional career in science, but belief is more personal than than from empirical research. To believe is in matters of spiritual reception and whether we are open to receive the belief in a mystical force controlling the universe.

The problem with some evolutionist is that they exceed their scientist creed by imputing their own personal beliefs in contrast with creationist. If you ask me I don't believe entirely in both theories. My belief is that God created this universe but leaves the mystery of how he created the universe and at what point why combustable gases condensed and exploded at that time to bring about galaxies, planets and stars. Ultimately we don't know. Scientist don't know. Even with reasearch a scientist is not always comfortable thinking they have found the total truth. Much like religious principle our teachings both scientific and religious are meant to be the closes to the absolute truth as possible. To me this simple thought is a connection to the two.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 25 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version