Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Discussion
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: America, the Disliked, but why so much? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Patty

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2006 at 5:49am

"When the war in Iraq
was just a year old, in Times Square a big display was set up showing
how many dollars it was costing. Not how many lives. How many
dollars."

There were, and are, MANY signs which reveal how many have died since the war began too, and I believe you realize this.  In the very tiny village next to where I live there is a big field which is filled with tiny white flags, each one representing the death of an Iraqi since the beginning of the war, and it changes everyday.  These scenes are all across the country.  No, it is NOT that Americans don't care.  It is just the opposite....but many still persist in their attempts to portray us as people who don't care.   How many care when an American dies?  Not many, I'd wager.  So how compassionate is that?

God's Peace. 

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2006 at 6:20am
Originally posted by Angela

Isolationism is no longer viable

ummm....i wonder how OBL does it then  

sorry couldn't resist, but yes I understood your post

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:25am
Yeah, but I'm sure he's not really enjoying life. 
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2006 at 8:42am

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 17 August 2006 at 9:15am

Originally posted by Angela

Yeah, but I'm sure he's not really enjoying life. 

Well, whether he is or not, I sometimes wonder what Judgement Day will be like for him.  Of Course, only God knows the answer to that.  And many others will be shaking in their boots on that day as well.  I see life here on earth as a grain of sand on the beach....but I see eternity as all the sand on the beach.  I'm much more concerned about eternity than I am my brief life here on Earth.

God's Peace!

Patty

IP IP Logged
Hanan

Senior  Member

Quote Hanan Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 2:14am

Edited by Hanan
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:22am

Dear Hanan,

You are so anti-American, bigoted, and mean spirited, I wouldn't begin to respond to you again.  I am here to speak to mature, knowledgeable people from all sides.  You have one purpose, and one purpose only for being here (for just one month I might add), and that is to promote your hatred of the United States and any American and/or non-Muslim you can latch on to.  Well, that won't be me, because I don't play the game.  I've just stepped out of your non-peaceful circle.  If you want to have a conversation which is fair and mature, let me know.

May you learn the meaning of peace.

Edited by Patty
Patty

IP IP Logged
herjihad

Senior  Member

Quote herjihad Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:40am
Originally posted by Hanan

Patty wrote: There were, and are, MANY signs which reveal how many have died since the war began too, and I believe you realize this. In the very tiny village next to where I live there is a big field which is filled with tiny white flags, each one representing the death of an Iraqi since the beginning of the war, and it changes everyday.

Anti-war activists put them there, not the average white American. Needless to say the activists are treated like so much dirt by their fellow Americans.

No, it is NOT that Americans don't care. It is just the opposite....but many still persist in their attempts to portray us as people who don't care.

Americans in general don’t care about anything but the dead presidents. That is one thing Blacks and Whites have in common, and they kill for it if they have to.

How many care when an American dies? Not many, I'd wager. So how compassionate is that?

As soon as AMERICANS start caring about the teenagers and other much-too-young-to-die soldiers, then maybe the world would see that Americans have a heart and start caring too.

Why should I care about the death of a soldier who’s mother says that she is proud that he died for his country. The mothers of the suicide bombers say the same thing, but they are hated by Americans for saying it.

Is his country under threat? Terrorists? Doesn’t this mean that the government of Americans isn’t doing its job.

The greatest country in the world? Not true! Sweden is the greatest country in the world!!! Can you refute that?

It is my opinion that Americans hate themselves and therefore think that everyone else hates them too. When will they realize that we have much more pity for them than any other emotion.

Bismillah,

As one American who does not hate herself, I thought I should let you know that small fact, Sister.   In fact, I try to only hate that which Allah, The Most Loving would want me to hate.

The fact that you're right about is that America is supplying the weapons and warfare around this globe right now.  In the past, we could look to England, France, Italy, Portugal and even the Ottomans.  But when America is the one exporting the bombs and money and your country is the one they are landing on, how can (And get this, Brother Israfil, your original topic) people not "dislike" America?

Oh, Sister, I think you're lovely, warm-hearted and diligent.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version