Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: People of the Book Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
DavidC

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote DavidC Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 12:48am
See

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Classroom/9912/ancienta byssinia.html
http://www.wsu.edu/~dee/ISLAM/PRE.HTM

Note the pagan religion mentioned is ancient - the Sabean kingdom had collapsed well before the time of Muhummad.
David C.
IP IP Logged
Cyril

Quote Cyril Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 12:55am
Patty

Thank you for your answer to Bmz's question "Where does Jesus say I am God?".
That is exactly the answer I would have given, but I did not for two reasons:
1) the thread is about the people of the Book 2) I have not been busy with Christianity for a long time. So it would have taken me some research.
IP IP Logged
Cyril

Quote Cyril Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 1:10am

DavidC

The Sabeans (from the queen of Sheba) you are refering to have nothing to do with the mysterious Sabians mentioned in the Quran.

The first ones are called the people of saba' and the second the Sbi'n.

The initial Arabic consonant of saba' is a sn (normal "s") and for Sbi'n it is the emphatic "s" called Sd. (which I transliterate with a capital letter)

Edited by Cyril
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:44am

Originally posted by Cyril

Patty

Thank you for your answer to Bmz's question "Where does Jesus say I am God?".
That is exactly the answer I would have given, but I did not for two reasons:
1) the thread is about the people of the Book 2) I have not been busy with Christianity for a long time. So it would have taken me some research.

My pleasure, Cyril.  I routinely remind bmz of this verse (and a few others) in which Jesus refers to Himself as the Father.  In I John 5:7,  states "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word (Son), and the Holy Spirit:  and these THREE ARE ONE."  I have always felt this was a great piece of scripture proving the doctrine of the Holy Trinity.  You may want to read that entire chapter of I John....it is very enlightening regarding the Trinity.

Also, back in a previous post to David I believe you said you had not heard of any Christian denominations who do not believe in the Trinity.  I know of only one, and that is the Apostolics, or the "Oneness", also known as "Jesus Only" churches.  This church was established in the 1800s.  But they claim to be the first Christian church in the world.  (I've never been able to figure out that claim.)

I hope this is somewhat helpful to you, Cyril.

God's Peace!

Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
Patty

Senior  Member

Quote Patty Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 6:47am
Originally posted by bmzsp

Dear Patty,

That is a huge loss and my sincere condolences to you and family. I can understand the pain. may God give you  that strength to bear this loss.

If you are 18-20, I would love to be your daddy. Smile.

Best Regards

BMZ

Oh, how kind and sweet of you, BMZ!  I'm sure you would be a wonderful daddy....however, I should probably tell you I have a teenage granddaughter.  But thank you so much for the beautiful thought!  (I was married very, very young.)

Here's who I am, just your typical Irish Catholic woman. (Is it allowed to post your picture??  Tell me and I'll remove it if it's not allowed.)  I always seem to break some sort of rule due to ignorance.

God's Peace!

Edited by Patty
Patty

I don't know what the future holds....but I know who holds the future.
IP IP Logged
Cyril

Quote Cyril Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 7:43am
Patty

There are a few denominations which call themselves Christians but are not recognized as such by other Christians.
For example the Jehovah Witnesses believe in a duality consisting in a main God who created a lesser God (Jesus). The Mormons believe in a trinity composed of three separate Gods.
I heard only on the internet about the denomination you mention.

Muslims have the same problem with Alevi Turks and Syrian Nusayris who most certainly consider themselves as Muslims.
IP IP Logged
Muhammad77

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Muhammad77 Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 7:58am
Originally posted by Patty

I have read a lot regarding Muslims, Jews, and Christians being "People of the Book".  A question came to me yesterday.  Maybe someone can answer it.  We are the people of what Book?

"My opinion : People of The Book - 'The Book' may refer to the Holy books revealed by Allah, that is the Torah, The Zabur, The Injeel and The Qur'an."

But now, the only book to be followed is The Qur'an as it is the final word of Allah, and Allah revealed it because the other Holy books got distorted, tampered by many people.

Allah has challenged in The Qur'an that no one can produce even a like of the verse of The Qur'an, as it is The True Word of Allah which has been revealed to the final messenger Prophet Muhammad sallallahu alayhi wa sallam and Allah has revealed in The Qur'an that He will safeguard The Qur'an and preserve this Holy Book till the Day Of Judgement.

Edited by Muhammad77
IP IP Logged
Cyril

Quote Cyril Replybullet Posted: 18 August 2006 at 8:49am
Muhammad

Of course you aren't able to prove any of the things you state.

Edited by Cyril
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version