Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: For All the Cindy Sheehan Haters! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2006 at 12:31pm

Maryah
Online Status: Online

Zindabaad, sister, F R E E D O M!! Best wishes and dua for this change.

IP IP Logged
ops154

Senior  Member

Quote ops154 Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2006 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Maryah

Originally posted by ops154

Originally posted by Maryah

Originally posted by ops154

Originally posted by Hanan

Snow's dismissive answer characterizes the condescension of the Bush administration. "I would advise her to bring water, Gatorade, or both."

Seems Tony becomes emotional when he talks about his own misfortune, a bout with an illness from which his physicians say he has completely recovered. For Cindy Sheehan, who suffers a loss for which there is no healing, he shows not a scrap of compassion - only the flip suggestion, let her drink "water" and "Gatorade."

Ithttp://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/081006B.shtml

She had the chance to ask that question when he met with her but she didn't ask it until the press was around.

And for Snows advice, well Cindy was put in the hospital for dehydration so maybe she should have listened to him. Seems he cared more than you think.

Ops evidently you are not a reader of snide people

And apparently you are not either, I was being sarcastic.

And if you had an ounce of courtesy, you would know better than spitting on your hosts..After all, you are posting on a Muslim forum, and I am a Muslim. Please refrain from your rudeness...

and save it for your chest thumping, burly guy forums. You  are tiresome. 

Oh please tell me where I "spit" on you. All I did was say the same thing back to you and then you post about my rudeness with "save it for your chest thumping, burly guy forums. You  are tiresome. " Did you not just "spit" on me with your reply? You should only demand as much respect as you give!!!

Get it through your heads that I don't support Bush or the Israeli's! Thank your lucky stars for America is here to stay!!!
IP IP Logged
mariyah

Senior  Member

Quote mariyah Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2006 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Whisper

Maryah
Online Status: Online

Zindabaad, sister, F R E E D O M!! Best wishes and dua for this change.

shukran jaziilan raha

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
IP IP Logged
Hanan

Senior  Member

Quote Hanan Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2006 at 5:12pm

Edited by Hanan
IP IP Logged
mariyah

Senior  Member

Quote mariyah Replybullet Posted: 12 August 2006 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Hanan

a famous French Queen  in history who once made a statement when she heard that her subjects were starving in the streets and were clamoring at the gates of the palace for bread. She stated "Well, then let them eat cake". Which was a contributing factor in the start of the French Revolution. She went headless shortly after that.

And an in-famous american Queen said on a tour of hurricane relief centers in Houston: “What I’m hearing is they all want to stay in Texas. Everyone is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway, so this--this [she chuckles slightly] is working very well for them."

Look out OPS will get you for that! Beware of those who have nothing better to do that harass Muslims in their home!

Edited by Maryah
"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
IP IP Logged
Cassandra

Quote Cassandra Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2006 at 8:48am

Not really connected to the theme of this thread, but perhaps so, since we are talking about freedom of speech........

Have been "away" for a few days.  I notice things are getting interesting in this thread.  Forgive me for going backwards, but this one can't be let go.........

Re:  Andalus and Aquinian's alleged cat fight:  my allegations that is............Just out of interest, and despite very limited time right now, I went back over some of Aquinian's posts.  I found them fair-minded, reasonable, logical, a fresh viewpoint when perhaps one was needed. Although I don't believe I ever responded to them, which now I see is a pity. I didn't agree with everything, but he (she?) was new, after all.  It took me awhile to learn the "vibes" of Islamicity.  Now I feel quite at home.  (Hence...............)

However, when I posted recently against Andalus - and my view of his high minded carryings on (in my relatively humble opinion) - and referred to my perceptions of his "ad-hominem" attacks, I did not remember seeing this:

Aquinian wrote:

Andalus, you are making an ad hominem fallacy.  I'm sorry you are failing to see that:

1. A makes claim X.
  2. There is something objectionable about A.
  3. Therefore claim X is false.

1.  Aquinian makes the claim that Islam is false (based on the creation timeline contradiction)

2.  There is something objectionable about Aquinian; namely, his faith has a creation timeline contradiction as well.

3.  Therefore, Aquinian's claim against Islam is false.

This is the argument you are making and it is failing, Andalus.  I'm sorry.

The objectionable part about me is that my faith supposedly has the same problem with the timeline of creation.  You are attacking the messenger, Andalus.  If I was an atheist, you could not make the argument you are making because Christianity comes into the equation.  Do you understand?  I will say it again.  If I was an atheist, then you could make the claim about Christianity and I would agree.  "Yes, that goes for Christianity too.  Both Islam and Christianity are untrue because their Creation timelines don't make sense."  Do you understand what I am saying?

Unfortunately, you failed to correctly argue why the timeline of creation in Islam is without error.  You seem insistent on attacking Christianity in response to my arguments against Islam rather than defending your faith.  This only indicates that you find your faith indefensible. 

(Cassie's note:  why should we be called upon to "defend faith?".  This to me personally is just plain silly.  However..............) 

As for Christianity, I make no defense of it on any rational basis.  How can one argue rationally for Jesus Christ walking on water?  How does one make logical sense of the blind being healed with water and dirt?  Make all the arguments against Christianity that you want.  It will still be true and Islam will still be false.  The miracles of Christ and Christendom are proof enough for me. (Same God though?  One God?  Different prophets?  Correct me if I am wrong, in all seriousness.)

Curiouser and curiouser!

Following the post below, I see that Duende and others agreed with me about your suitability, perhaps your level of maturity and control, or simply your time, to continue to moderate this Forum:  Vis.............

Cassandra wrote:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Andalus:  It is the mark of a cultured mind to be able to do so without finding it necessary to resort to ad hominem attacks.

We have already seen how you dispatched Aquinian just because the two of you were having a cat fight, after only a few posts almost completely between the two of you, while it had taken almost 800 posts before a concerted boycott managed to get Muslima banned.  I wrote a "report" about it at the time displaying my disgust.

The two were completely different.

Aquinian was "dispatched" due to his patterns of "bad intentions", using the threads to insult the Prophet (saw) when he was unable to make good on his claims. He was not Muslim, his pattern was not to learn but to hurl "propoganda"(sp). I was one of others who wanted him gone.  (My purple. hmmm...............? )

Yet, again on looking back, I see a topic, started by Andalus, closed with a last post by Andalus (but not commented on beyond that) entitled:  Why Aquinian should be banned? or words to that effect.  Eliciting support for your own point of view from other forum members? Perhaps I have no idea as I was told when I tried to investigate further that I lacked the necessary authority to find out!

cassandra wrote:

As a moderator, I would have thought that it would behoove you to set an example, not refer to a long standing member as "sophomoric"  etc., etc., ad nauseum.

As a moderator, I am also a participant. I call a spade a spade. My labeling was correct. My title (role?) as moderator does not imply that I must agree with you and your poltics(sp). This is the real issue, hidden under the guise of disatisfaction ("). (ad nauseum is interesting term as in logic, one could directly apply it to posts of the one who I referred to as "sophmororic" (sp) .)  (and perhaps, but I didn't did I?)

(Do I detect a first year philosophy major here?  Have I marked some of your papers?Servetus, what is your opinion on this?)

duende wrote:

And finally, Andalus, I have noted with interest Cassandra’s post. I
too am questioning your ability to hold the post of Moderator.

No, the real issue at hand is my views.  (No, as far as I am concerned it is your presentation of your views which is at issue.  Your views, my views, Whisper's views, Duende's views, Aquinian's views (?) are and should be welcomed here unless they disturb the majority of members, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Gnostic, Agnostic......(yes, it's an Islamic Forum, but surely no-one, no religion can afford to be insular in this day and age), as was the case with the Muslima boycott). Lets be honest. (Yes, let's.  I believe in honesty.  Have been much warmed by it lately...) You are questioning my ability to go along with the world views of the click  (sic:  another one - that's "clique" folks!) which permeates this forum. My time is becoming scarce, and in the next two weeks I will be isolated to simply "moderating" and less participation. So the thread will once more be free to make any unchallenged, unquestioned, biased assertions it wishes (logic here?)  (my we are important are we not?), and high five one another for the best "The US is the sole cause of problems for the rest of the world"  one liners.  (In actuality, most posts of any worth are much, longer, but occasionally brevity works best.  Take a course in Chinese philosophy.  Well worth while. Logic is good, but even Aristotle was reluctant to use it.)

Cassarda (at least get my name right, Aladnus, please) is mad (perfectly sane actually, though on occasion a little eccentric, but my friends love me, nevertheless) because of my thread with her friend (fellow Forum member actually, but, whatever turns you on, as they say.in CAL-IF- OR-NI-A....), and her willingness to excuse Aquinian as some kind of victim is riotous(Hmm, do I suspect a potential militant here too?) Not to mention her lop-sided view of Muslimah also sums up her biased view. (Note from the English professor:  Before advising others on the taking of Critical Thinking Skills Courses, Introductory, or any other, it is advised that you take a course in basic spelling and English usage.  This is clearly an unclear pronoun reference.

Or is it?  Wasn't it Muslima's view which was lopsided?  Wasn't it the beautiful and deafening silence of the members, deafening because of their absence, which resulted in the decision to ban Muslima...?Oh, no, of course not...excuse me, it was simply a coincidence after many, many members responded to Patty's post asking for her banning, and mine, very tongue in cheek, with the result that at the very least, our little suicide bomber brought the real and human decency of the members of this Forum to a fore.  A show of force of arms, so to speak, against such horrors as she presented.  You were just about to ban her anyway, weren't you?

Or are you perhaps still an afficionado of her bravado?

Who's next?  Cassandra?  Their expulsions were done appropriately with discussion.

I will take your views on my position of moderator under advisement.

duende wrote:

And finally, Andalus, I have noted with interest Cassandra’s post. I
too am questioning your ability to hold the post of Moderator.

Not just my view, Andalus.

(BTW: I am left wondering whether one who claims quite openly that he "couldn't care less" about certain things, and admits to having very little time right now, may not be giving certain posts, certain members perhaps enough time to develop their views; perhaps, as in Aquinian's case, a little more time might have allowed the aforesaid banned member to learn that Islamicity is a beautiful place, with good and reasonable people.  But on Aquinian's last post, no-one got a word in edgewise, Andalus.  You dominated the board.)

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2006 at 12:06pm

Please don't start at our poor Andalus, he is alright, in fact we can really start to enjoy him.

It's just that we all run through this phase of trying to find a little corner in some intellectual light as soon as we happen to discover a philospher or two and get equiped with half a dozen mod phrases. 

Please spare him, I promise, he will grow out of it and start to sound quite human, soon. I have recently seen one of his very good posts.

IP IP Logged
Hanan

Senior  Member

Quote Hanan Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2006 at 3:16pm

Edited by Hanan
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version