Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: For All the Cindy Sheehan Haters! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Andalus

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote Andalus Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2006 at 10:19pm

Originally posted by Cassandra

Not really connected to the theme of this thread, but perhaps so, since we are talking about freedom of speech........

Actually it is completely irrelevant to the thread. Your need to return to covered ground and argue over what you think is right or wrong about it speaks volumes of your desire to waste time, and you love to try and gain some victory over “nothing”.

Also, keep in mind that the method for banning people here went beyond my “argument” with aquinian. In fact, what I find totally ignorant is your desire to see muslimah banned and your patience for aquinain. Your priorities and your outlook are clouded by your dubious ego you feel you must somehow “save”.

Aquinian put up material that was removed, and cannot be seen, which was extremely insulting to the Prophet and Muslims. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to say what ever you want, and only the thoughtless and uneducated think this is so.

I am actually honored that the you feel such a need to “get at me”, even after days after my last contribution. I did not realize I had such an effect on you.

Furthermore, if you continue to post out of topic, I will ask another moderator to intervene to have your posts deleted (if they see it needs to be done), since I know you will cry out for the injustice that you feel has been done to you if I act. Also, this thread is moving out of bounds from the topic, and if it becomes an eyesore with your relentless trying to “get one up” on me, I will have admin intervene, for possible “lock down” of the thread, if they see fit. If you want to take a swipe at me, then bring forth an issue and debate. I am not interested in entering into a “cat fight” to see who has th last word, who gets the best insult in. There is no benefit in it.

Originally posted by cas

Have been "away" for a few days.  I notice things are getting interesting in this thread.  Forgive me for going backwards, but this one can't be let go.........

No, your desire to justify the participation of aquinian, who has put up some of the filthiest material about Islam and the prophet, is phenomenal. Your problem is that you think you know more than you actually do. That is your weakness.

Originally posted by cas

Re:  Andalus and Aquinian's alleged cat fight:  my allegations that is............Just out of interest, and despite very limited time right now, I went back over some of Aquinian's posts.  I found them fair-minded, reasonable, logical, a fresh viewpoint when perhaps one was needed.

Although I don't believe I ever responded to them, which now I see is a pity. I didn't agree with everything, but he (she?) was new, after all.  It took me awhile to learn the "vibes" of Islamicity.  Now I feel quite at home.  (Hence...............)

However, when I posted recently against Andalus - and my view of his high minded carryings on (in my relatively humble opinion) - and referred to my perceptions of his "ad-hominem" attacks, I did not remember seeing this:

Aquinian wrote:

Andalus, you are making an ad hominem fallacy.  I'm sorry you are failing to see that:

1.       A makes claim X.

2.       There is something objectionable about A.

3.       Therefore claim X is false.

1.  Aquinian makes the claim that Islam is false (based on the creation timeline contradiction)

2.  There is something objectionable about Aquinian; namely, his faith has a creation timeline contradiction as well.

3.  Therefore, Aquinian's claim against Islam is false.

This is the argument you are making and it is failing, Andalus.  I'm sorry.

The objectionable part about me is that my faith supposedly has the same problem with the timeline of creation.  You are attacking the messenger, Andalus.  If I was an atheist, you could not make the argument you are making because Christianity comes into the equation.  Do you understand?  I will say it again.  If I was an atheist, then you could make the claim about Christianity and I would agree.  "Yes, that goes for Christianity too.  Both Islam and Christianity are untrue because their Creation timelines don't make sense."  Do you understand what I am saying?

Unfortunately, you failed to correctly argue why the timeline of creation in Islam is without error.  You seem insistent on attacking Christianity in response to my arguments against Islam rather than defending your faith.  This only indicates that you find your faith indefensible. 

(Cassie's note:  why should we be called upon to "defend faith?".  This to me personally is just plain silly.  However..............) 

I do not know. Maybe you should email aquinian and ask him, if you are so preoccupied by him.

Originally posted by cas

As for Christianity, I make no defense of it on any rational basis.  How can one argue rationally for Jesus Christ walking on water?  How does one make logical sense of the blind being healed with water and dirt?  Make all the arguments against Christianity that you want.  It will still be true and Islam will still be false.  The miracles of Christ and Christendom are proof enough for me. (Same God though?  One God?  Different prophets?  Correct me if I am wrong, in all seriousness.)

Curiouser and curiouser!

Following the post below, I see that Duende and others agreed with me about your suitability, perhaps your level of maturity and control, or simply your time, to continue to moderate this Forum:  Vis.............

Cassandra wrote:

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Andalus:  It is the mark of a cultured mind to be able to do so without finding it necessary to resort to ad hominem attacks.

We have already seen how you dispatched Aquinian just because the two of you were having a cat fight, after only a few posts almost completely between the two of you, while it had taken almost 800 posts before a concerted boycott managed to get Muslima banned.  I wrote a "report" about it at the time displaying my disgust.

The two were completely different.

Aquinian was "dispatched" due to his patterns of "bad intentions", using the threads to insult the Prophet (saw) when he was unable to make good on his claims. He was not Muslim, his pattern was not to learn but to hurl "propoganda"(sp). I was one of others who wanted him gone.  (My purple. hmmm...............? )

Yet, again on looking back, I see a topic, started by Andalus, closed with a last post by Andalus (but not commented on beyond that) entitled:  Why Aquinian should be banned? or words to that effect.  Eliciting support for your own point of view from other forum members? Perhaps I have no idea as I was told when I tried to investigate further that I lacked the necessary authority to find out!

Once more your weakness is your undoing. Your conclusion is false, given that the claim, “I was one of others who wanted him gone.” is not contradicted by your ability to observe a thread in the "moderators section”, since “others” does not imply that it may only arrive through a thread in the “moderators only” forum. This is the folly of your arrogance, and why your conclusion is bad.   

So you may see what you want, but as long as you are unable to think things through and just “assume”, then what you see means nothing, except of course by you.

If you have so many problems with the absence of aquinian, then please support your love for him in the “comments and complaints” section. Another moderator has already commented that this topic is not relevant to the thread. Yet here you are.

Originally posted by cas

cassandra wrote:

As a moderator, I would have thought that it would behoove you to set an example, not refer to a long standing member as "sophomoric"  etc., etc., ad nauseum.

As a moderator, I am also a participant. I call a spade a spade. My labeling was correct. My title (role?) as moderator does not imply that I must agree with you and your poltics(sp). This is the real issue, hidden under the guise of disatisfaction ("). (ad nauseum is interesting term as in logic, one could directly apply it to posts of the one who I referred to as "sophmororic" (sp) .)  (and perhaps, but I didn't did I?)

(Do I detect a first year philosophy major here?  Have I marked some of your papers?Servetus, what is your opinion on this?)

duende wrote:

And finally, Andalus, I have noted with interest Cassandra’s post. I
too am questioning your ability to hold the post of Moderator.

No, the real issue at hand is my views.  (No, as far as I am concerned it is your presentation of your views which is at issue.  Your views, my views, Whisper's views, Duende's views, Aquinian's views (?) are and should be welcomed here unless they disturb the majority of members, Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, Gnostic, Agnostic......(yes, it's an Islamic Forum, but surely no-one, no religion can afford to be insular in this day and age), as was the case with the Muslima boycott).

I am not the one who has stopped anyone’s views here. My views were attacked by the regular "click"  (yes it is misspelled, I thought I would throw you a tid bit so you can a little something to feel good about yourself with) here. That is what happened. I even left things alone, and you are still nagging me about it. Nag, nag, nag, nag, nag, nag. Seriously, look at this post of yours. It is one big , non coherent, nag fest. Normally I do not mind, but you are trying to unfairly, place me at the center of your emotional rant.

You do not make up the rules of Islamicity. I will take your “feelings” about them, and place them “under advisement”, since emotional complaints about them does not add anything useful to the discourse. If you do not like them, then purpose a change in rules on comments and complaints. I did not invent them (rules).

If what someone intentionally says something that disrespects the prophet, or Islam, or Muslims, then they will be warned, and if the behavior continues, then they will be removed. Islamcity also recognizes other faiths and will remove someone for bashing their faiths. That’s how it is.  

Someone disrespecting  the Prophet may not offend someone of another faith.

Originally posted by cas

Lets be honest. (Yes, let's.  I believe in honesty.  Have been much warmed by it lately...) You are questioning my ability to go along with the world views of the click  (sic:  another one - that's "clique" folks!) which permeates this forum. My time is becoming scarce, and in the next two weeks I will be isolated to simply "moderating" and less participation. So the thread will once more be free to make any unchallenged, unquestioned, biased assertions it wishes (logic here?)  (my we are important are we not?), and high five one another for the best "The US is the sole cause of problems for the rest of the world"  one liners.  (In actuality, most posts of any worth are much, longer, but occasionally brevity works best.  Take a course in Chinese philosophy.  Well worth while. Logic is good, but even Aristotle was reluctant to use it.)

More nagging! You are now…lol making issues about spelling. Pretty desperate ay? It seems you cannot make a single rational point and back it up, but you love to point out spelling errors. Nag, nag, nag, nag.

I really think you should take a course in “logic”. Chinese philosophy has some interesting points, but in all, scientific formulation is based upon the ideas of logic, as is the pillars of fiqh. Not that I am professing that logic is the end of everything, but it is in the context of this thread.

I cannot find anything else that even hints at being worthy of a serious reply.    

Originally posted by cass

Cassarda (at least get my name right, Aladnus, please) is mad (perfectly sane actually, though on occasion a little eccentric, but my friends love me, nevertheless) because of my thread with her friend (fellow Forum member actually, but, whatever turns you on, as they say.in CAL-IF- OR-NI-A....), and her willingness to excuse Aquinian as some kind of victim is riotous(Hmm, do I suspect a potential militant here too?) Not to mention her lop-sided view of Muslimah also sums up her biased view. (Note from the English professor:  Before advising others on the taking of Critical Thinking Skills Courses, Introductory, or any other, it is advised that you take a course in basic spelling and English usage.  This is clearly an unclear pronoun reference.

More nagging, and silly juvenile comments. You cannot seem to make a reasonable point, and so you quibble about insignificant spelling errors. Let me ask you: What difference does it make if you care so much for spelling if you have no ability to make any sense. I do not worry about my misuse of spelling technique, because I get across my point. Something you fall short of.  

Originally posted by cas

Or is it?  Wasn't it Muslima's view which was lopsided? 

Are you asking me or telling me? Again, your care of spelling does help you when you cannot put across a basic point.  

Originally posted by cas

Wasn't it the beautiful and deafening silence of the members, deafening because of their absence, which resulted in the decision to ban Muslima...?

Oh, no, of course not...excuse me, it was simply a coincidence after many, many members responded to Patty's post asking for her banning, and mine, very tongue in cheek, with the result that at the very least, our little suicide bomber brought the real and human decency of the members of this Forum to a fore.  A show of force of arms, so to speak, against such horrors as she presented.  You were just about to ban her anyway, weren't you?

Or are you perhaps still an afficionado of her bravado?

"Still" is an assumption that is false. Perhaps you can take time from your love of spelling and pick up a book on critical thinking?

Islamcity is not a “democracy”, the mob does not rule. Muslimah, as compared to your love aquinian, was a “muslim”. Keep that in mind. At least she accepts the basic tenants of a Muslim. This I can work with, as can other Muslims. That is the most important thing to remember. She was not educated in Islam and its principle ideas, and her interpretations were regurgitated from bad sources. Still, she is “muslim”, and worth the time to try and talk to. Aquinian had posted trash from polemical sites that were irrelevant to the thread, simply as a way to take swipes. He had been given several chances. He was not Muslim (as compared to Muslimah), and his intentions were not honest.

I gave other mods my support in their aim to talk with her. It failed. She was banned.

Originally posted by cas

Who's next?  Cassandra?  Their expulsions were done appropriately with discussion.

I will take your views on my position of moderator under advisement.

duende wrote:

And finally, Andalus, I have noted with interest Cassandra’s post. I
too am questioning your ability to hold the post of Moderator.

Not just my view, Andalus.

Casandra, your well thought out, highly intellectual, effective, inspiring words, and coherent points have inspired me to take your words deeply. I am very taken aback by your dislike of my post as moderator. Really. I will not sleep tonight, or tomorrow night based upon your dislike of me. I will write this down in my journal and place it on my list of “positive growth” goals for the summer. I will keep you posted on my personal development. Thanks

Originally posted by cas

(BTW: I am left wondering whether one who claims quite openly that he "couldn't care less" about certain things,

Sure, about what you think. And what? :lol: You think too highly of yourself. You really are not that central to the internet or Islamicity. Seriously. I hate to break it to you.

Where does it say I have to care about your thoughts on my moderation title? So far, your thoughts have been less than able to show anything of value that discredits me as a moderator.

Originally posted by cas

and admits to having very little time right now, may not be giving certain posts, certain members perhaps enough time to develop their views;

Interesting. You are proud of your care for spelling, but your comprehension is horrid. Since you have trouble with thinking through things in a comprehensive manner, I shall, for the record, spell it out for you.

1)       Due to an upcoming event, I stated I will spend less time participating, and will only moderate. (this means I will only be able to moderate, did you get that point?)

2)       I then later stated I would be able to participate and moderate as the event in question was put on a later date. (this means I will be able to participate and moderate, is this ok for you to understand?)

3)       Your last two claims are derived from bad thinking. Besides, when did you need time to develop your views? So far, you have no views on anything I have been involved with. This entire thread is witless, and a waste of time.

Originally posted by cas

perhaps, as in Aquinian's case, a little more time might have allowed the aforesaid banned member to learn that Islamicity is a beautiful place, with good and reasonable people.  But on Aquinian's last post, no-one got a word in edgewise, Andalus.  You dominated the board.)

postamble();

Your great hope, aquinian, had blatantly violated the rules, not small minor rules as you have habit in looking into, but larger ones, and I was not the only one who had to remove the garbage he would place in threads (which, even if we allowed vile material about the Prophet (saw) to be posted, was still irrelevant to the thread). Aquinian was not here to learn, and the decision was made, not just by me, but others, to remove him. Your access to a thread in moderator discussion still only gives you part of the picture, and your attempt to draw a conclusion from this thread is laughable and displays your willingness to jump to conclusions as long as you feel your irrational thoughts are validated. I do not owe you any more of an explanation about him, and I did not dominate anything. Your ignorance of how and why he was removed is not an item that “must” be educated nor does the entire process have to be disclosed to you. You are not owed anything. If I had been in the wrong, the admin would not have backed me. I was not the only one who wanted him gone. I am reminding you that this is not part of this thread and is out of place, and this is the final word I will give you about this topic. If you feel you must rant and rave about aquinian, then please do it in comments and complaints. If you continue to use aquinian as a way to try and target me on this thread, or other threads, I will turn the matter over to the other mods, and let you deal with them. I have nothing more to say on this thread about the matter. There is no benefit in continuing this with you.  

Good luck.  

Edited by Andalus
A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
IP IP Logged
Andalus

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote Andalus Replybullet Posted: 13 August 2006 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Whisper

Brother Andalus,

(though its supposed to be El Andalus)

No, it is intentionally "andalus", without the accurate transliteration "AL", not "El". Your assumtion that I must have made a mistake is more of your arrogance.

Originally posted by whisper

I wish you luck with your games of such innocence; of technologically crafted words, jargon, phrases and, at times, passing down to us other peoples’ (often run past their “say by dates”) quotes, as if some gospel truths.

I understand, all of us are prone to running through such phases, of needing to see us through an intellectual light. Normally, such innocence strikes us during or soon after our uni days when the excitement of discovering “phrases” and a philosopher or two is still bouncing fresh within us.

Brother, I look back and find myself running through my phase just a few decades ago.

But, luckily, I was allowed to hold allegiance to nothing other than Huqqooq el Ibaad – not to some flag or nationality.

I was also lucky to see that our planet holds a thousand shades of culture in quite early years of my life. Had it not been for this fact, I would have also sworn by MacCulture alone and trashed anything, any shade different to mine.

I have grown to learn that this trivia has proven to be far more powerful than all the Intel pooled together by our les reasonables.

My friend, since reading My observations about Cindy are based upon observations I have come to accept that only your observations can count, perhaps, only because you happen to be wrapped in Stars and Stripes. And, observations of all others who see you in any particular light have to go the way most Security Council resolutions on Israel go!

I had pointed to the state of mind you had while keying-in your message to me, which had reflected in your spellings, I have no problem with anyone’s spellings.

I wish you luck my friend, one day you might grow to think and feel like a human being instead of being trapped in your nationality and calling a mother all sorts of names – instead of telling us what she should be doing.

In most older cultures, it’s motherhood that counts more than industry, stock exchange or even some theories of obsolete authors or fee low sopers. And, if you know the Quran, you would also know what sacred rights a mother holds.

Cindy Sheehan deserves all the respect we can afford.

Dispute that with any mean tools and I will tear you apart through to your real colours – despite the fact that right now I am already into a 25 hours a day – 8 days a week sort of a calendar with three huge global projects.

I will do that as a mere tribute to my most beautiful mother’s memory.

Your contribution, as some kind of Peaceoffering", is muddled in more of your arrogance and assumptions. This latest piece of masterful obfuscation attempts to somehow paint yourself in some untouchable ivroy tower, and any criticism I have posed is somehow "beneath you". You are only hiding behind your charade of snobbery.

As far as Cindy Sheehan, the loss of her son has nothing to do with the ignorance she reveals and the fool she has become, partly by her own doing. I do not readily give repsect, and she has nothing that tells me she deserves it. I say, that I do not not respect her, nor does she deserve it.

I will continue to stick to that, and I have my reasons. She comes across as a lunatic, and offers nothing substantial as far as solutions. She is ignorant of the issues she sticks her nose in, and she makes herself look really, really foolish. I am sorry she lost her son.

I am sorry you associate the memory of your mother with Cindy Sheehan. I hope I find greater things to associate the deaths of my parents with than a raving, lost woman.

I have nothing more to say about this (your response). There is no benefit, and I think what I think, and I will argue my point without showing a small grammer mistake in the words of someone who disagrees. I will not hide behind playing charades of snobbery and sophistry. I will back my claims and my views and if they are wrong, I am willing to keep an open mind, and change my views. So far, no one has offered anything of substance that tells me I should rethink my views. I have learned that I have spelling errors, and a pronoun usage mistake, and that some feel aquinian was treated poorly, and muslimah should have been banned faster, and that some dislike me being moderator, and that I am at an early stage that the more refined here (which means that one day, Gd forbid, I will be able to assert what I want and appeal to emotion to make it all "ok") have already gone through, that I am not wise enough and I do not know how to make use of some "essence" used by older cultures, and I need more "unreason".

I guess all of this somehow means Cindy deserves respect! Sure. 

One can see that I have had some extremely thought provoking and relevant responses. I have wasted way too much time.

peace

A feeling of discouragement when you slip up is a sure sign that you put your faith in deeds. -Ibn 'Ata'llah
http://www.sunnipath.com
http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/
http://www.pt-go.com/
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2006 at 3:43am

I really think you should take a course in “logic”.

I promise, she will, from the day you prove to us that logic is the end all and be all of Life. And, nothing exists beyond or this side of it.

It would also greatly help if you found a good locker for your terribly fragile ego when you arrive for your "moderation assignments" at such a mob of heavy intellect.

to somehow paint yourself in some untouchable ivroy tower, and any criticism I have posed is somehow "beneath you". You are only hiding behind your charade of snobbery.

You couldn't be more right. A painter thinks everyone else to be just a painter like himself! Must thank you for proving my point. I know, it must be extremely hard for you to realise that some of us can be actually struck by a genuine misfortune of being locked up in some Ivory Towers of fate's making.

You are only hiding behind your charade of snobbery.

I am sad, it will disappoint you to know that my snobbery is not some American product or spin. It's a simple genuine item, miled through some 630 odd years of a certain type of genetic engineering.

I might explain it once you have invested in a new pair of gogles for recognising culture and, particularly, the ones which exist beyond reasoning and its plastic temples. 

I do not readily give repsect,

I do understand. I also know that it's not easy for us to give something that has been refused to us in our early years.

I have my sympathy with you, your behaviour is in fact your heritage of some very strong, very deep reasons. I will sincerely apologise for any words I may have used about you or for you. You are already so badly hurt. I will pray for you in earnest.

Edited by Whisper
IP IP Logged
Hanan

Senior  Member

Quote Hanan Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2006 at 8:36am

Edited by Hanan
IP IP Logged
mariyah

Senior  Member

Quote mariyah Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2006 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by Hanan

Cassandra: Look out OPS will get you for that! Beware of those who have nothing better to do that harass Muslims in their home!

Oh well! Let him eat "cake"

Depends on what we bake into it Tee hee..when I was young hash brownies were all the rage of the folk who liked to imbibe in drug induced pastimes.. 

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
IP IP Logged
Hanan

Senior  Member

Quote Hanan Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2006 at 11:38pm

Edited by Hanan
IP IP Logged
mariyah

Senior  Member

Quote mariyah Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2006 at 12:54am

..when I was young hash brownies were all the rage of the folk who liked to imbibe in drug induced pastimes..

Sister, we must be the same age. 

And by the postings of some of our esteemed "dialogue-seekers" here, I suspect that they are either still "imbibing" or are suffering from the after-effects of the after-effects.

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
IP IP Logged
herjihad

Senior  Member

Quote herjihad Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2006 at 8:05am

Assalamu Aleikum

Brothers and Sisters,

I have read some very remarkable insights into the current events from Andalus, Cassandra, Herjihad, Maryah and Whisper and others, and you are the reason why I participate here. I have learned much from you and was inspired to delve deeper into issues of which I knew little.

It doesn’t matter to me whether Andalus is moderator and I view him as a source of inspiration, information and guide, as I do most of you. I am actually relieved that, as a moderator, he shows his heart and feelings and his imperfections, and doesn’t give flawless, pre-written, sterilized opinions/responses.

Please, brothers and sisters, continue to speak the truth about that which brought us together here. You have many important things to say, please do not deprive us of them. I’m sure that you realized the impact of your words on this and other topics, whether some of us like to admit that or not.

May Allah al-salam be your guide today and every day.

Wassalam

Your student Hanan

Bismillah,

What lovely sentiments!  Jazzakee Allah Khayr!

If I stop learning, I wouldn't want to come here either.  But there are and I'm sure will continue to be so many well-informed, well-educated people from all over this planet who contribute here.

And if people want to contribute things from their parents or friends who may be illiterate but wise, that would be excellent as well.

Salaamu Alaykum

Al-Hamdulillah (From a Married Muslimah) La Howla Wa La Quwata Illa BiLLah - There is no Effort or Power except with Allah's Will.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version