Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: I am seeking knowledge Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
USA1

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote USA1 Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2006 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Ginghis

Greetings and Peace to all.

Ok, I have a confusion and the only way to clear it is to make my own definition.....I think!

I have heard the phrase "Root Cause" of this current middle east war, used and defined by the Media, Rice, Perez, a Hezbollah spokesman, the Syrian Ambassador and several of my co-workers. They are all different, all of them. Every time I try to have a discussion with someone, and make a point about what's happening now, they go farther back in history and say, "well look at what happened here".

If you were given the task of teaching me about the Israeli, Arab conflict, where would you start in history?

Why there?

Is there such a thing as a "root cause" that people can agree on?

Although Israel has occupied this land, there is no excuse for no dialog to the conflict. There are many issues sorrounding this but, the main point is that Israel cannot be moved so, there needs to be global dialog in a positive direction that can give the Palitinians their land back. At least to 1968 borders. However, niether side wants to partake in a positive dialog. The hate for Jews is now beyond repair and the only action now is a violent one. 3 generations have now been bred to hate Jews. We cannot remove that hatred with dialog.

Our current situation is now claiming more hated but, this time not for Jews.

They just don't get it!
IP IP Logged
lovetabuleh

Quote lovetabuleh Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2006 at 10:39am
Originally posted by Ginghis

This discussion is very exciting to me, thank you all.

From others I have asked the same question.

I have had another person say each conflict should be treated as an entity unto itself. He says the bombing of an Islamic family a few weeks ago is the trigger to this present conflict. Up to that point things were moving towards peace. One other person says it is a question of birth right and brings up the question of origin. I have had one person suggest the root cause is Islam itself. He says its nature is intolerant of differences.

Just in this short discourse we are putting root cause in many different places.

The Balflour and Sykes documents have a taint to them.

Ok, we have a few historical references posted. Do me a favor and let us examine "root cause" in terms of human nature if that is allowed. Based on some statements, "we got along fine before 1948" something happened to good will when a state was declared.

Is revenge a word that can be applied to this discussion?

It seems as if those that have taken up arms are saying "we are mad as hell and we arn't going to take it anymore"

I want to direct your attention to what Israfil wrote in the "Media Bias" (topic a couple topics below this one on the list).  he brings up an integral point that was brought up before in an article i read.  He talks about the role of the Right wing Christain authority in the American Govt. in this Israeli aggression.

here is the excerpt by Israfil:

"... I'll tell you why the news media or American government are siding with Israel. This has nothing to do America but American policy which in this case is promoted by the Right Wing Christian groups that are very much influential to the President of the United States. Most Right Wing Christians are promoting this (both directly and indirectly) self-fulfilling prophecy which they wish for Israel to annihilate its enemies that being the neighboring Muslim countries which eventually would lead up to the Messianic arrival.

So of course most of the media will promote seemingly objective news to the people making the sounding of the news more inclined towards Israel than others. However all news media are subject to criticism. Al-Jazeera is not objective whatsoever either. Any media which represents an ethnic group or nationality is subjective. The only objectivity in the media is what is being reported not the cause of it"

IP IP Logged
Ginghis
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ginghis Replybullet Posted: 28 July 2006 at 8:22pm

Amalhayati2, applying your your quote to the the concept of root cause I can draw 2 conclusions.

1. The media reports are misleading and it would be impossible to make a good decision or have right thinking by allowing media reports to be considered fact.

and/or

2. The right wing Christians are an external agitator with an agenda and should be considered a part of the Arab/Israeli conflict.

IP IP Logged
Jockey

Quote Jockey Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2006 at 12:16am
The hate for Jews is now beyond repair and the only action now is a violent one.
There is no hatred towards jews, what we hate is the jewish state, which we hope to uproot it soon. Jews have lived in palestine peacefully with muslims for hundreds of years and they did not suffer even a tiny fraction of what they did from the europeans, germans, spaniards etc..
Our problem is with israel, not the jews.
Its Coming Soon...
IP IP Logged
Ginghis
Male Christian
Groupie
Groupie

Quote Ginghis Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2006 at 3:32am

If you could have your way Jocky, how would you solve this?

I really don't think we can turn the clock back. Even in this post we can't agree on how far to turn it back.

Personally I would turn Jeruselem into an international city, under no one nations/peoples rule, and pour money into all of the surrounding areas for economic and infrastructor developement. I would assume that all people can be trusted and deal with breeches of that trust on a case by case basis.

does anyone else have a magic wand idea?

IP IP Logged
kashmiri

Starter
Starter

Quote kashmiri Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2006 at 4:35am

Even i think that the major cause of the fight is the religion....but again to make it the only reason for such kind of a battle is not justified.. and yes if the religion would have been the main cause, then the scenario would surely have been quite different........

talking about the question of the past that should be taken in consideration to move back... yes there should be a proper scalee for that...if israil goes too back to say that palestine is our state....then i say that spain belongs to muslims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IP IP Logged
s666

Quote s666 Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2006 at 5:47am
Originally posted by kashmiri

if israil goes too back to say that palestine is our state....then i say that spain belongs to muslims!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

may not be brother, andalusia is a conquered territory.  muslims do not belong there. they are the invaders.

israel and palestine is quite a difficult question to answer.  what about starting from the old testament?
IP IP Logged
Jockey

Quote Jockey Replybullet Posted: 29 July 2006 at 8:56am
How i would solve this Ginghis?
First Take the facts into account which are: Israel cannot sustain itself even for one month without 1-american Aid/support. 2- The protection of the arab dictatoships that surround it and protect it from the Muslim masses who are ready to die for Palestine.

Second: Break the ring that protects israel, through a change of regime in one of the arab countries (possibly egypt)

Third: Close swiss canal, and prevent oil from passing to US, Europe. Open the gates of Sinai for the Muslim Mujahideens and Army to pass to palestine.

I can bet my life on it: Israel will disappear within no time. Hizbullah is showing us today How vulnerable this defacto state is.

Its Coming Soon...
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version