Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Discussion
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: One Year, Reflections Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
schwester

Online Status: Offline
Quote schwester Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2006 at 12:59am

Wudu is the cure for the heat of anger, feeling down about yourself, and that funky foot odor from old sandals.

also that it needs much more cream and skin care

Mohammed (pbuh) had 12 wives, including a Christian woman. His first wife was intelligent, educated and owned her own business. His youngest was literate, while he was not.

smb tell pls some about christian wife? heard for the first time
IP IP Logged
Muhammad77

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Muhammad77 Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2006 at 4:42am
Originally posted by Angela

A good Quran reciter can calm your soul with the Quran.  A bad reciter can make the words of God sound like a dying cat.

Can you elaborate on what you mean to say by this?

Edited by Muhammad77
IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2006 at 7:22am

I mean I have downloaded several versions of Quran recitation.  My Imam Arafi (Surah Yusuf) is peaceful and relaxing.  However, I cannot remember the reciters name, but his voice was irritating and I was unable to enjoy his recitation because of this.

Reciters are people.  Some have good voices, some have bad.  Just like secular singers.  Sometimes, people just sound more like they are strangling a cat than singing.

Its nothing against Quran recitation itself, just the performers.

IP IP Logged
superme

Quote superme Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2006 at 2:45pm

I mean I have downloaded several versions of Quran recitation.  My Imam Arafi (Surah Yusuf) is peaceful and relaxing.  However, I cannot remember the reciters name, but his voice was irritating and I was unable to enjoy his recitation because of this.

Yap you right. What other people say good sometimes its bad to me until I tried everyone of them myself by spending of time in it.

The 2nd link used to work in everyone of them but now few of them don't work, it need patience in clicking. The first one work ok but not that many, enjoy.

http://english.islamway.com/sindex.php?section=erecitorslist

http://www.aswatalislam.net/CategorySelectionMadeP.aspx?CatI D=1001

IP IP Logged
Muhammad77

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Muhammad77 Replybullet Posted: 13 July 2006 at 10:45pm

A good Quran reciter can calm your soul with the Quran.  A bad reciter can make the words of God sound like a dying cat.

Reciters are people.  Some have good voices, some have bad.  Just like secular singers.  Sometimes, people just sound more like they are strangling a cat than singing.

Its nothing against Quran recitation itself, just the performers.

So you should not call those reciters of the Qur'an who have bad voices as dying cats. The recitation of the Qur'an is so meritorious. The Qur'an is the word of Allah. It does not matter wether one has a good voice or a bad voice. But it is the recitation of the Qur'an which is more important. Be careful of your comments in future.

Edited by Muhammad77
IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:40am

Muhammed or should I say Salman,

Loosen up.  I said its not the Quranic recitation, its the voice.  And if they sound like a dying cat, it detracts from the beauty of the Quranic verses they are reciting...if you are going to make a CD for people to buy, you should make sure you can do the subject matter justice and all that it deserves.

IP IP Logged
schwester

Quote schwester Replybullet Posted: 14 July 2006 at 11:44am
i better read it to mysel. becacause plus to my dying cat voice i have an accent
IP IP Logged
Muhammad77

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Muhammad77 Replybullet Posted: 14 July 2006 at 9:43pm

Muhammed or should I say Salman,

Loosen up.  I said its not the Quranic recitation, its the voice.  And if they sound like a dying cat, it detracts from the beauty of the Quranic verses they are reciting...if you are going to make a CD for people to buy, you should make sure you can do the subject matter justice and all that it deserves.

Who is this Salman? Why am I being called as Salman in this forum? I have seen another member call me by that name. And I warn you all not to do so in future.

Yes, even I am talking about the voice. If you are listening to a song, and if the voice is not good, then if you wish you can say that it sounds like a dying cat. But when you are listening to the recitation of the Holy Qur'an and if some people have bad voices while reciting it, then you should not call it as the voice of dying cat because they are reciting the word of Allah.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version