Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: RE: Angela’s Plan Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
ak_m_f

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote ak_m_f Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2006 at 3:42pm
CAn I join too?

(as an observer for now)

Edited by ak_m_f
IP IP Logged
ak_m_f

Senior  Member

Quote ak_m_f Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2006 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by Muslima

So now we have a Mormon saying who is a TRUE Muslim, and who is not! 

I trust Whisper, so this is cool for me. I am not participating by the way. If it were not for Whisper.....Anyway, Allah Knows Best!

Maslima the pagen of arabia were impressed by Prophet mohammad's (PBUH) character. Thats why they converted to Islam.

He didnt forced them to become muslim nor he wore a suicide vest (may Allah forgive me 4 speakin like this).

If you really want to impress nonmuslim then educate yourself about true Islam & think how Prophet led his life.

Prophet said the biggest Jihad of all is jihad-e-Nafs
( jihad against one's desire)

Edited by ak_m_f
IP IP Logged
Angela
 Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Angela Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2006 at 3:58pm

AK,

You'll always be welcome.  We might need some of your wit to keep us on our toes.

IP IP Logged
Muslima

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Muslima Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2006 at 7:06pm

I do not believe in proselytism. She can convert and chose whichever religion she wants, but she cannot say who is a Muslim and who is not.

I hope she will never become a Muslim. I really do.

Allah Ou Akbar!
IP IP Logged
ak_m_f

Senior  Member

Quote ak_m_f Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2006 at 7:13pm

The way you represent Islam on this forum will be the reason. Nothing else. She is still learning about Islam. Give her some time. in the End its up to Allah to decide who will go where & who will become what.
IP IP Logged
Suleyman

Senior  Member

Quote Suleyman Replybullet Posted: 25 June 2006 at 10:26pm

I do not believe in proselytism. She can convert and chose whichever religion she wants, but she cannot say who is a Muslim and who is not.

Dear Muslima,Sister Angela is one of our friend who deserves so many beauties,please be polite to her u do not know so much about her...thx....

IP IP Logged
Colin

Senior  Member

Quote Colin Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2006 at 2:07am

I saw the forum and basically this is just a discussion of non-Muslims taking decision for the Muslim world. Why cannot you leave the discussion here? Are there too many Muslims here to take part?

Actually Muslima, I'm glad you brought this up. It's a chance for me to make things absolutely clear. This is place where Muslims, Non-Muslims, in fact anyone who feels they can make a positive contribution are most welcome.

One of the main reasons for moving this discussion has to do with politeness to the people who host/run Islamicity. Although IC is open for anyone to join, I don't think it is fair for us to use the forum for a purpose which may not be entirely in keeping with the policies and aims of Islamicity. Please remember, we are only guests in the Islamicty house. As such, we should respect our hosts.

Another important reason for moving this project elsewhere is to attempt to create a fresh starting point for those prepared to enter into this project with open minds and open hearts. Over the years members here have experienced numerous self-perpetuating debates and arguments. I, like many other long-standing members, have noticed the same old cycle of blame and counter-blame, of insults and counter-insults. Obviously, given the global situation, it is perfectly reasonable to expect things to be this way.

What we are hoping to do in the new location is to create somewhere that can accomodate a wide spectrum of viewpoints in an atmosphere where we can focus on the positive, where we can focus on the things that unite us as human beings and specifically a place to discuss and formulate Angela's Plan. As has been pointed out, there are many obstacles to overcome, perhaps too many, but we have to start somewhere. All of you who think you can offer positive input into this new venture are invited to join us on our journey.

Colin

PS. Note the link under my signature.  ;-----)

IP IP Logged
Cassandra

Quote Cassandra Replybullet Posted: 26 June 2006 at 2:54am

Wonderful to see that this is up and running and in such a short time. I hope that people of all faiths with agree that this is a worthy effort - promoting peaceful solutions is a real evolution in human thought -  and offer to participate in whatever capacity they can, or just cheering us on.  The real challenge is to let people know as well as invite dialogue.  Chances are mistakes will be made, but that's how we learn. Let´s not get too bogged down in "policy" before we make a start.  The details can come later.  I am a semi-professional writer and will have some extra time over the summer (am an educational psychologist), please let me know what I can do to help.  Will switch all further comments over to new forum.  Hope many will join me.....

Let´s keep the Starfish in mind (actually, makes a nice logo come to think of it.)

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 17 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version