Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

General Discussion
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : General Discussion
Message Icon Topic: Attacked in my sleep- Terrified.(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Angel

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:07am
Originally posted by BlueSun

Rain is mentioned in the Qur'an, Sleep Paralyses is not !!!

Thousands of scientific studies into all the ayats of the Qur'an have revealed that no person is able to come up with a single ayat that is exactly the same as one in the Qur'an. And this will never happen, why? because it says so in the Qur'an, like it there are ayats on rain ! 

Ah, is this how its going to be, if its not in the qu'ran then is not possible.

The qur'an is not a science book. I learnt that a long time ago.

Its funny how you use science to prove qu'ran but not in anything else, I thought that you said that science is theory, so what you say above is just theory about ayats according to you .

It seems obsurd that since you became aware of this scientific phenonmenon you no longer experience "Sleep Paralyses", if only we could cure the world in this way !!!

why is it obsurd ?

Many things are just a mind over matter.

Conquer your fears and they will disappear as they say  

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
BlueSun

Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:16am

The Qur'an is something which you know not. 

Science is used today to disprove the Qur'an, yet all it manages to acheive is to approve it. Take the example of Iron, if I were you I would read on this matter, and read what it says in the Qur'an.

Please read this book “The Bible, The Qur'an and Science" author Dr. Maurice Bucaille. I'm sure this book will any many questions as to the scientific qualities in the Qur'an and modern science.

Khalid ibn Waleed - The Sword of Allah - Greatest General of all time !!!
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:21am

I'm sorry, I'm not having a go at you, but it appears you are attacking my beliefs, since in the Qur'an Jinns are mentioned frequently so not to believe in Jinns, is not to believe in the All Mighty.

where have I attacked your beliefs ? whether you believe in jins or not it does not discount what i shared and put forth

All I can say it is impossible for the mind to be awake and the body to be asleep. These studies always involve people who suffer from such episodes, I know how results can be portrayed, I studied Bio-Psychology for 4 years, and believe me when the mind is awake the body is awake !

And I'm saying that it is possible from what I have studied.

Here is more info if you haven't researched, it is from wiki:

Physiologically, it is closely related to the normal paralysis that occurs during REM (rapid eye movement) sleep, also known as REM atonia. Sleep paralysis occurs when the brain is awakened from an REM state into essentially a normal fully awake state, but the bodily paralysis is still occurring. This causes the person to be fully aware, but unable to move. In addition, this state is usually accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations.

Little is known about the physiology of sleep paralysis. However, some have suggested that it may be linked to post-synaptic inhibition of motor neurons in the pons region of the brain. In particular, low levels of melatonin may stop the depolarization current in the nerves, which prevents the stimulation of the muscles.

There is also a significant positive correlation between those experiencing this disorder frequently and those suffering from narcolepsy. However, various studies suggest that many or most people will experience sleep paralysis at least once or twice in their lives.

Some report that various factors increase the likelihood of both paralysis and hallucinations. These include:

• Sleeping in a supine position (facing upwards)
  • Irregular sleeping schedules; naps, sleeping in, sleep deprivation
  • Increased stress
  • Sudden environmental/lifestyle changes
  • A lucid dream that immediately precedes the episode

IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:29am

Lack of faith in the Almighty Creator is one of the theories of psychological disorders leading to psychoneurosis and psychoses.  This can be understood from the knowledge of the mechanisms of development disorders.

It is logical to conclude that believing in one Allah as preached by Islam provides the real moral support as needed in life and bestows satisfaction of heart.

oh please don't get me started!

A person who has the faith in Allah the Alkmighty and He is with Him, has an intense moral support which will sustain him in th emost adverse situations in life.

And what makes you think I am not one of those people?  oh right I am not muslim

IP IP Logged
salman_s

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:31am
Originally posted by Angel

I'm sorry, I'm not having a go at you, but it appears you are attacking my beliefs, since in the Qur'an Jinns are mentioned frequently so not to believe in Jinns, is not to believe in the All Mighty.

where have I attacked your beliefs ? whether you believe in jins or not it does not discount what i shared and put forth

yes, Allah has clearly revealed in the Qur'an that Allah has created two classes and the purpose He created these two classes is to worship Allah (alone)

these classes are - jinn which Allah created from smokeless fire, and mankind which Allah created from clay.

Allah created the angels from very fine light, and the angels worship Allah day and night.

so we as muslims have been ordered by Allah to believe in what Allah has revealed in the Qur'an. if we don't believe then we are not muslims.

IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:34am

The Qur'an is something which you know not. 

oh please, I know I don't know everything, but I do know some things

IP IP Logged
Suleyman

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:37am
Angel,your count says 4255,quite crazy it seems,lol!...
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 30 May 2006 at 8:39am

Originally posted by salman_s

so we as muslims have been ordered by Allah to believe in what Allah has revealed in the Qur'an. if we don't believe then we are not muslims.

Yes Salman, But did Allah reveal everything ? Is there something saying that computers will be invented? or the internet?

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version