Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Is the Bible the Word of God?(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
AnnieTwo

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 27 May 2006 at 5:40am
Originally posted by bmzsp

Greetings & Welcome, Annie

"And also as far as the gospels knowing that the gospel writers had many sources for what they presented.  Some witnesses may have seen things that others didn't.  Some witnesses saw things differently.  This is sort of like witnesses to an accident.  Every detail does not match up but it is the important elements that matter."

I agree with you on that and it was a big accident indeed!

"For instance, all gospels say that Jesus died and rose again."

I think AbRah does not know the details of that incident, the "accident" well.   I am trying to explain that to him and others. I believe there are too many stories told about the accident and no matter what the stories were or how were they reported, Jesus was saved by God in the end. I am happy about that.

Best Regards

BMZ

Jesus died on the cross and rose again.  We are saved by that fact.

Annie
IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

bullet Posted: 27 May 2006 at 6:23am

Annie,

From you: "Jesus died on the cross and rose again.  We are saved by that fact."

We are discussing that unresolved matter, which is full of reasonable doubts, on another thread.

Edited by bmzsp
IP IP Logged
AnnieTwo

bullet Posted: 27 May 2006 at 6:53am
Originally posted by bmzsp

Annie,

From you: "Jesus died on the cross and rose again.  We are saved by that fact."

We are discussing that unresolved matter, which is full of reasonable doubts, on another thread.

Oh.  Then the matter is settled?  There are no reasonable doubts among the Christians--at least those with knowledge.  There were also no reasonable doubts among Jesus' apostles.

Annie
IP IP Logged
AbRah2006

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:40am

[QUOTE=AnnieTwo]AbRah2006,

I understand why you are confused.  I studied what you claim as contradictions in the Bible and found none.  It is a matter of knowing what is being said and why.  And also as far as the gospels knowing that the gospel writers had many sources for what they presented.  Some witnesses may have seen things that others didn't.  Some witnesses saw things differently.  This is sort of like witnesses to an accident.  Every detail does not match up but it is the important elements that matter.

For instance, all gospels say that Jesus died and rose again. 

I also wonder why you post so much about what you think are contradictions in Christianity.  Why not concentrate on telling us why you are a muslim and what Islam has meant to you and how it has changed your life for the better in your own words?

------------------------------------------------------------ ----

My response:

Am I confused? I am not confused at all for the Biblical verses clearly contradict one another!It seems to me that you are the one who are confused! Why don't you refute all the contradictions openly so that we can debate?

How can you believe in the Gospels that contradict one another? If the witnesses of an incident gave contradictory statements, the Gospels are not reliable books! 

You said "Every detail does not match up but it is the important elements that matter." ....My comment: How important are the elements if every detail does not match? Can you win a case in the court by giving contradictory details to the court?

You said "For instance, all gospels say that Jesus died and rose again.".....My comment: ***EDITED***

Let  us see whether all the Gospels say the same thing about the death of Jesus eventhough I believe that Jesus was not crucified for Allah had saved him:

The Bible contradicts itself by saying:

(a) Acts 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.

Acts 10:39 And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree.

(b)Mark 15:32 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

(c)Matthew 27:41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said,
Matthew27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him.

Edited by Mishmish
God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
IP IP Logged
AnnieTwo

bullet Posted: 27 May 2006 at 8:51am
AbRah2006,

I see no contradictions.  I only see your attempt to say that there are.  I see contradictions in the Qur'an.  Does that make it so?

I haven't read all of your posts, but only a few and I am wondering if you are secure in your faith because you seem very insecure.  Are you?

I am very secure in my faith.  I am comfortable knowing that God loves me and I am comfortable following Jesus.  Jesus is the perfect example of one of God's own to follow, whether you believe that he was the manisfestation of God's most Holy Word or not.  He was and still is the prophet par excellence.  He never used a bloody sword, he was sinless, and his teachings are beyond comparision with any other's.

I am very worried when I see Muslims mocking and criticizing what they do not understand.  Maybe I can help all of you on this site.  I will try my very, very best.

Annie
IP IP Logged
AbRah2006

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 27 May 2006 at 9:24am

[QUOTE=AnnieTwo]AbRah2006,

AnnieTwo's statement: I see no contradictions.  I only see your attempt to say that there are.  I see contradictions in the Qur'an.  Does that make it so?

My response:

Once again you fail to see the contradiction of the NT eventhough I presents very clear biblical contradictions: Acts 10:39  and Acts 5:30 claimed that Jesus was  hanged on a tree  VERSUS Mark 15:32  and Matthew 27:41 that claimed that Jesus was crucified on the cross!

AnnieTwo's statement: I haven't read all of your posts, but only a few and I am wondering if you are secure in your faith because you seem very insecure.  Are you?

My response: You are contradicting yourself by saying such thing to me. You said that you had not read all of my posts but you claimed that I was very insecure. How did you know? You are prejudging me! I am very secure for I am a Muslim and I worship Allah the true God!

As a Muslim I worship Allah Who says that none is equal to Him but you Fredi worship a man who is called Jesus. I worship Allah who is the All-Mighty but you worship Jesus who says in John 5:30: “I can of mine own self do nothing...”. Why do you worship a powerless man?

I worship Allah Who is  the Knower of the unseen and the visible but Mark’s Gospel reveals that Jesus had limitations in his knowledge.  In Mark 13:32, Jesus declared that he himself does not know when the last day will occur, but the Father alone knows that (see also Matthew 24:36).

I worship Allah Who is  the Creator, the Maker, the Shaper. You worship Jesus who was born by a woman. Why do you worship a creation of God?

I worship Allah Who is the Greatest but you worship Jesus who says in John 14:28,  “The Father is greater than I.” In John 14:28, Jesus was saying: “The Father is greater than I.” By stating that the “Father” is greater than himself, Jesus distinguishes himself from God. Why do you worship Jesus who is not God's co-equal? 

AnnieTwo's statement: I am very secure in my faith.  I am comfortable knowing that God loves me and I am comfortable following Jesus.  Jesus is the perfect example of one of God's own to follow, whether you believe that he was the manisfestation of God's most Holy Word or not.  He was and still is the prophet par excellence.  He never used a bloody sword, he was sinless, and his teachings are beyond comparision with any other's.

My response: Have you met God? Have God told you that He loves you personally?

Have you ever read the NT? See what the NT says about Jesus: Jesus comes to detroy peace and families!

Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

10:35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

10:36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Matthew 10:34-36:
I came not to send peace, but a sword. ... A man's foes shall be they of his own household."
Jesus came not to bring peace but to destroy families by making family members hate each other.
Is Jesus peaceful?

Matthew:

15:1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying,

15:2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

15:3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

15:4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

Jesus is criticized by the Pharisees for not washing his hands before eating. He defends himself by attacking them for not killing disobedient children according to the commandment: "He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death." (See Ex.21:15, Lev.20:9, Dt.21:18-21) So, does Jesus think that children who curse their parents should be killed? It sure sounds like it.

In Islam Jesus is a great prophet of Allah for he is a righteous man!

AnnieTwo's statement: I am very worried when I see Muslims mocking and criticizing what they do not understand.  Maybe I can help all of you on this site.  I will try my very, very best.

My response: I have made so many researches about Christianity so I understand it very well! I will try my best to expose the corruption of Christianity! It is my pleasure to help you on this very site!

God does not forbid you from showing kindness and dealing justly with those who have not fought you about religion and have not driven you out of your homes. God loves just dealers. (Quran, 60:8)
IP IP Logged
AnnieTwo

bullet Posted: 27 May 2006 at 9:36am
AbRah2006,

Once again you fail to see the contradiction of the NT eventhough I presents very clear biblical contradictions: Acts 10:39  and Acts 5:30 claimed that Jesus was  hanged on a tree  VERSUS Mark 15:32  and Matthew 27:41 that claimed that Jesus was crucified on the cross!

And once again I see no contradictions.  I only see your misinterpretation and your lack of knowledge.

The cross was made out of a tree.  I believe that it is Acts 5:30 that refers back to the Old Testament where it talks about the curse of hanging on a tree.  You are misinterpreting what you are reading.

AnnieTwo's statement: I haven't read all of your posts, but only a few and I am wondering if you are secure in your faith because you seem very insecure.  Are you?

My response: You are contradicting yourself by saying such thing to me. You said that you had not read all of my posts but you claimed that I was very insecure. How did you know? You are prejudging me! I am very secure for I am a Muslim and I worship Allah the true God!

No, I am not contradicting myself.  Do you see contradictions EVERYWHERE?  LOL

I noticed some of your posts because they are very long and full of colors and you continually blast Christianity.  Your posts stand out.  I read a couple and ignored the rest of what I saw.  I guessed that you were insecure of your religion because you seem to need to put another religion down.  That usually comes from insecurity.

My response: I have made so many researches about Christianity so I understand it very well! I will try my best to expose the corruption of Christianity! It is my pleasure to help you on this very site!

Have you ever studied the Holy Bible under a Christian tutor?  I would guess not since you make so many mistakes.  Why are you so intent to try to discredit Christianity?  Where are you coming from and why do you care?

I leave you to your religion and you should leave the Christians to their's.  Doesn't your Qur'an say something like that?

Annie

Edited by AnnieTwo
IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

bullet Posted: 27 May 2006 at 10:12am
Are we sensing some insecurity here from you, Annie?
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 23 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version