Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: 50,000 Errors in the Bible Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote BMZ Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2006 at 10:34pm

Patty,

I am saddened to hear that and please be strong. May God Almighty bless him and ease his pain.

I hope that you be at his bedside and be able to look into his eyes, he into yours and talk to your dear father. Amen

Please drop a note if you can. God bless.

Sincerely

BMZ

IP IP Logged
salman

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote salman Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:31pm

Originally posted by Cyril

It is amusing to hear on a Muslim forum of "50 000 errors" in the Bible, which is a book written by men, when there are a number of errors in the Quran supposedly written by God.

ok, so you do believe that Qur'an is the word of God. then how can  there be errors in the word of God? you think that God is imperfect? how can God make errors? I think you need to know in details what God really means. you are among the atheists i think.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
IP IP Logged
salman

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote salman Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Alibaba

The Quran on the other hand was supposedly created in Heaven, right?  Yet I recently read an article which asserts that there are many geographical and historical errors in the Quran, and that it also is not very intelligible in Arabic (but of course, I'm not an Arabic speaking person, so I can't confirm that).

even you, alibaba, how can  there be errors in the word of God? you think that God is imperfect? how can God make errors? I think you need to know in details what God really means. you are among the atheists i think.

IP IP Logged
salman

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote salman Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:43pm

Originally posted by Suleyman

Muslims should be careful SO CAREFUL on Bible,there are so many ayats being untouched and same as revealed from Allah,by the way one denies the whole bible then becomes Khafir...some ayats in the bible really touch the hearts...

brother suleyman, we muslims are to believe that the Bible which was revealed to Prophet Jesus (may peace be upon him) in the original form is the word of God. but we muslims are NOT to believe in the current bible as it has been fabricated and tampered by many people after it was revealed.

IP IP Logged
salman

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote salman Replybullet Posted: 19 May 2006 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by salman

Originally posted by Suleyman

Muslims should be careful SO CAREFUL on Bible,there are so many ayats being untouched and same as revealed from Allah,by the way one denies the whole bible then becomes Khafir...some ayats in the bible really touch the hearts...

brother suleyman, we muslims are to believe that the Bible which was revealed to Prophet Jesus (may peace be upon him) in the original form is the word of God. but we muslims are NOT to believe in the current bible as it has been fabricated and tampered by many people after it was revealed.

hence there are 50,000 errors in the bible as it has been tampered and fabricated by many people after it was revealed

IP IP Logged
DavidC

Senior  Member

Quote DavidC Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2006 at 2:42am
Ths is what I find in the Qu'ran about the subject:

Al-'Ankabut (The Spider)

29:46 And dispute ye not with the people of the book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury): but say, "We believe in the revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you; Our Allah and your Allah is one; and it is to Him we bow (in Islam)."

So it appears Muslims are indeed called to believe in the Bible.

I also find where the Prophet Muhummad  would regularly imitate the People of the Book in areas where the Qu'ran provided insufficient clarity:

007.072.799 - Dress -  -  -  -

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas

The Prophet used to copy the people of the Scriptures in matters in which there was no order from Allah. The people of the Scripture used to let their hair hang down while the pagans used to part their hair. So the Prophet let his hair hang down first, but later on he parted it.

So it seems both the Prophet and God himself still find value in the Christian scriptures.

David C.
IP IP Logged
Suleyman

Senior  Member

Quote Suleyman Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2006 at 4:39am

I agree with wise DavidC may Allah bless him and his family,we muslims respect Bible ayats,of course we do not practice with but there are so many ayats still same in the bible,respecting and caring on Bible is also a respect to Allah...keep on your reading your Qur'an but be careful how you state words on Bible...it is an wise issue...Scholars gave fatwa about a muslim if totally rejects The Bible then may come Khafir...

We  muslims believe all of the prophets and books for their unchanged parts and saying;Islam is the final destiny,the end of the family story,why we do not meet on a new page including a family dinner each other....

IP IP Logged
salman

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote salman Replybullet Posted: 20 May 2006 at 4:51am
we muslims are to believe that the Bible which was revealed to Prophet Jesus (may peace be upon him) in the original form is the word of God. but we muslims are NOT to believe in the current bible as it has been fabricated and tampered by many people after it was revealed.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 13 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version