Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups Men (Brothers)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups Men (Brothers)
Message Icon Topic: Stop Letting Boys Run Wild!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Jenni

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Jenni Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 7:32am
The point is sorry to say, we don't get much done because the boys are not prepared, disruptive, joking around and don't take it seriously( there are some really good boys who again have mothers that talk to us and would get mad at them if they are not prepared.) The girls are missing out and ready to learn.  I said we would be better of without the boys meaning they should have a SUNDAY SCHOOL FOR BOYS AND ONE FOR GIRLS so the girls can have full attention as well and advance as needed instead of spending so much time watching us SCOLD THE BOYS!! AGAIN I DON"T BLAME THE BOYS, I blame the PARENTS!!! All these kids do is play fighing video games, and watch T>V> so how are they going to act at sunday School??
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
IP IP Logged
Jenni

Senior  Member

Quote Jenni Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 7:39am
Salman, I think you are living out of touch with reality, especially when it comes to what young Muslim men are up to. Even in India!! I love men, have a great husband, care for my brother, in laws, uncles, and have a wonderful son. My son is grounded(prohibited) from his Nintendo game cube for one month for being mean to his sister and talking badly to us. Even though he is good 95% of the time when he is not he pays the price. He is 6, cleans his own room, makes his own bed and is polite to other kids and adults. I am raising him to be a productive man and he will be educated but also know how to cook, clean, garden, do laundry ect. Those are the kind of men the world need, responsible, hard working, helpful. Not spoiled, helpless, selfish ect. ect. ect. Wake up Salman, you have plenty of boys running wild in India, and many are MUslim!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
IP IP Logged
Jenni

Senior  Member

Quote Jenni Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 7:52am

foody, how about we set higher standards for boys, especially teenagers and expect them to stay out of trouble? How about we not just say, oh they are being boys, let them be. I am not trying to hurt you in any way, believe me. I have a 15 year old nephew, and a 19 year old nephew who are wonderful young men, good students, and good to thier parents. Let me say they HAVE VERY STRICT PARENTS!!! They do not run wild, they don't chase girls or get into any trouble, they aren't allowed to just wander around the city( Lahore,Pakistan). And again, many studies have been done that in a School with only boys or only girls both genders do MUCH BETTER!! In much of the Islamic world this is how school is and it works!! Boys can get the focus and attention they need and so can the girls. ANd it does not lead to girls being lesbians because they don't have boys in school, that is just silly!!! Cheer up, we need you boys to grow up and be strong men, I don't want weak troublesome men leading the world, but strong, just, fair men with good morals and faith. Peace

IP IP Logged
salman

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote salman Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 8:14am

Originally posted by Jenni

Salman, I think you are living out of touch with reality, especially when it comes to what young Muslim men are up to. Even in India!! I love men, have a great husband, care for my brother, in laws, uncles, and have a wonderful son. My son is grounded(prohibited) from his Nintendo game cube for one month for being mean to his sister and talking badly to us. Even though he is good 95% of the time when he is not he pays the price. He is 6, cleans his own room, makes his own bed and is polite to other kids and adults. I am raising him to be a productive man and he will be educated but also know how to cook, clean, garden, do laundry ect. Those are the kind of men the world need, responsible, hard working, helpful. Not spoiled, helpless, selfish ect. ect. ect. Wake up Salman, you have plenty of boys running wild in India, and many are MUslim!!

one of the signs of Qiyamah is that women population will preponderate over men population.

jenni, don't nurture your 6 year old child in such a way that when he grows up he gets fooled by everyone. the world is different. we are in the 21st century. he is a boy. leave him alone. allow him to be free. make him rough and tough.

It is better to be alone than to be in bad company.
IP IP Logged
foody

Quote foody Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 8:15am
Oh believe me Jenni you are a thousand percent right, I see boys on the street with their muslim fathers who are well behaved, they seem mature of their age, articulate, it is because I know they were disciplined and tought what is right and wrong. Oh  Jenni (eyes shaped like heart) you don't know how MUCH you will love your boys if you tought them to be civil, THEY WILL KISS your hands for it, I do, I always thank mom for everything she have done to us, toke care of us, she is an angel, angel Jenni. God bless her. Discipline your boys, separate them from un-social activities, and make them do social things, let them go outside, let them read books, the older boys at age 13 let them take care of their younger peers, THAT BY ITSELF teaches them the skills of parenting, patiences, nurture, civility and be able to take care and think of others. Oh Jenni we should really do that, Jenni..we should.  Oh Jenni that thought of making men out of boys at an early age as possible where it is applicable..Oh I love it! I love it! Thank you sister for the greatest advice.

Edited by foody
IP IP Logged
foody

Quote foody Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 8:24am
salman

You just have condemned him to hell! No! Jenni is right I am sorry to say, she is right and you are wrong. I am not saying feminize them that my friend is cruel and abusive and God will punish anyone who forces a boy to be a girl and vice a versa.  I am saying give them the skills of attention and civility, Salman don't you understand they WILL love you for it. My brother he is at age 7 and he is very much aware of himself, he is very SMART, genius in fact, ahead of his peers, well behaved at school, have excellent attention spam and even at age 10 or 11 he was always with his mother helping her around adult things. Literally my mom called him on the phone and asked him for advice, SHE DID AMAZING things by that, first tought HIM so many things in the way second gave the boy self worth that he is part of the family and his decision matters...I.E...a MAN!

Salman do that to your son and the effect of with the FATHER is horrindous....your SON will love you for it instead of leaving him like you leave a boy in a forest!
IP IP Logged
Apex

Quote Apex Replybullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 9:36pm

I'm not sure if this is a Muslim issue but in commenting on the general issue of kids I disagree with the author here in the generalization of "boys." I believe children are a bi-product of both the environment and their parental upbringing. Just because you may experienced rowdy boys at your mosque is not applicable to the millions of other boys or girls in different households. However I believe that the upbringing of some children can also be cultural.

I believe that parents are to blame for most actions from childhood to adolesence and even some parts of adulthood. But in reality a parent will not always have control ovet their kids because even they teach their kids right and wrong there is a thing called peer pressure. Once the kids comes into a different environment outside the household and is exposed to other kids who are not as "civilized" it can definitely effect the kid. The best thing a parent can do is teach the kids right from wrong, discipline them and hope that the children will exercise the knowledge taught to them.

IP IP Logged
Jenni

Senior  Member

Quote Jenni Replybullet Posted: 30 April 2006 at 12:29am
The point is that Muslim parents give boys more freedom than girls. They do not seem to worry as much about them, the boys getting into trouble. Hence, boys running wild. It is not that boys are bad in any way. And statistically girls are doing better than boys in school on average across the board from preschool to college in many parts of the world, this is not my opinion but documented fact.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version