|Active Topics Memberlist Calendar Search Help|
|Register Login Old Forum|
|IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Announcements|
|Topic: Guidelines( Topic Closed)|
Joined: 15 February 2005
Online Status: Offline
| Topic: Guidelines
Posted: 12 June 2006 at 1:41pm
Welcome to IslamiCity Discussion Boards!
1. We manage here an Islamic discussion board, thus all members are requested to maintain the decorum, as per the standards of an Islamic cultural society. Any joke or casual statement which the moderators find insensitive may result in editing or deletion. Since this is an Islamic site, utmost importance and respect is to be given to the teachings of Islam, which include the Quran and Hadith.
2. Please also read the warnings that are posted in various Sections on the board so that you will not be held accountable for breaking any rules.
3. A generally pleasant demeanor and cordiality in language is requested during discussions.
4. When discussing issues dealing with Islam, please support your comments with the Quran or Sunnah. Mocking any Quranic reference, Hadith, scholar, or member will not be tolerated. If you are stating something about a religion, please list your source. If it is an opinion, please state this fact.
5. When starting a new thread, we request that you choose a topic that is indicative of the thread. Please take care that it is not obscene, provocative, or insolent. Please post in the right section. The description of sections can be found in the“Guidelines for Discussion” section."
6. The subject of your message should be in accordance with the theme of the forum. (If the text is found irrelevant to the theme, it may be deleted). We also request that you avoid straying from the 'topic' of discussion.
7. Please stay within the thread while answering any former response in the existing threads. Creating new threads to address someone on a topic which is already being discussed in a pre-existing thread rolls the screen unnecessarily and pushes the older ongoing discussions down the list and below the display window.
8. Use of upper case and bold/large (font) is not permissible for the whole of the message body. However, these may be used to add emphasis to words or phrases contained within your message.
9. Use of any profanity or obscenities of any kind within a post, even disguised with *asterisks, dashes, etc., will either lead to editing or deletion of the entire message. Any joke or casual statement which the moderators find insensitive may result in editing of, or deletion, of the statement.
10. Discussions that go around in circles will be closed.
11. Once a topic is closed, another thread with the same topic should not be opened. Any member doing so will be banned. If any post is deleted because it was found offensive to any religion or member/moderator, reposting of that message or similar messages will result in banning of that member.
12. Spamming of any kind is not allowed. Any response to spammers will be deleted along with the spam. This includes multiple copies (2 or more) of one message in one and/or many forums. (If this behavior is spotted several times, by the same User we may remove ALL the copies of that message, including all the responses below them.) Spamming of questions or overly large posts will also not be allowed.
13. Posting several messages at random and not responding to the generated questions or dialogue following the original posts may also be considered as spamming. Answer questions posed to you and do not avoid it by changing the topic, as long as that question does not break any of the Guidelines. If you do not know the answer, simply acknowledge this, then move forward.
14. The "Comments and Complaints" section is not a discussion forum where all Users may take part. Only the concerned User, with the original complaint (topic starter), and IC Moderators/Administrators should take part in conversations so that the complaint can be appropriately resolved. Besides, if a complaint is also shared by many others, dealing with it would automatically help others as well. For example: If 50 people have the same complaint, responding to the original post of User (topic starter) would obviously address all concerned Users. Moderators should be addressed respectfully and complaints should be made politely.
15. We will not tolerate personal attacks on participants from ANY Community (personal attacks are defined as comments that reflect upon the person instead of their opinion). Furthermore, any insults intended to ANY religion, ANY prophet of God, or ANY holy scripture shall be removed.
16. Slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, insulting, threatening, or harassing comments are not tolerated. ALL comments by the person who adopts such a manner may be removed and the person will lose the privilege of participating in the forums in future. We will try to block attempts from the same person to sign up with a different User name as well.
17. Materials that are explicit in nature or pertaining to sexuality will not be tolerated - even when the purpose is genuine.
18. We request you not to post URLs of sites the sole existence of which is to slander a religion or spread lies about it. Even if the intention is good. Doing so means promoting the site for free.
19. Graphic materials will not be entertained. Members can post URLs to such texts, however, all such texts must contain a warning for the readers about the nature of the material. URLs posted without warning shall be removed.
20. Participating in discussions with multiple user names to make it appear as if there are different individuals and not one(and the same) person, will be regarded as deceit and such User names will be blocked permanently.
21. We don't allow impersonation of other participants and such accounts will be removed.
22. Screen names that are obscene or slanderous shall be denied access permanently.
23. If any board member is found inadequate in observing any of the above rules, he/she may be prompted once, twice, or thrice by the moderators before denying him/her all access to discussion boards in the future.
24. Removing (Deleting) a User's ID and Posts: In general, we the Moderators/Administrators, do not want to remove/delete User-id's. Administrators and moderators will not "help" to remove your posts. So you can assume your posts and ID will be PERMANENT. Please keep this in mind and post wisely, so you won't be haunted by your own posts later on. Administrators and moderators also will not "help" to remove your watch list subscriptions.
25. Any form of advertising is not allowed. It would be considered a serious violation.
26. Your participation in discussion forums is a privilege and not a right. "Free Speech" here means that you don't pay for speaking your mind as opposed to any other belief(s) you might have. We reserve the right to remove any comment or comments that are not in line with the above rules, without giving reasons, notifications, or explanations to anyone.
We wish everybody a pleasant stay and an enriching experience on these forums.
Edited by icforumadmin - 28 September 2010 at 10:52pm
|You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com