Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Jesus is God (or not)(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 153 Next >>
zulqarnain

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 01 May 2006 at 10:47pm
Allah asked angels to bow down to Adam because he, being a human, had one power the Angels did not have, and,that was mainly knowledge, some also say that 'having a free-will' also carries significance compared to Angels. And the greatness of knowledge was displayed when Allah taught the names of His existing creations to Adam, and he could memrize. And then Adam told the Angels all which Allah had taught him.
And We have not sent you(O Muhammad!) but as a mercy to the worlds. (Al-Quran 21: 107)
IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

bullet Posted: 02 May 2006 at 2:13am

Can all of us come back to the topic, "Jesus is God (or not)?

My conclusion is that he was NOT? Had he been one, it would have been  a success story as he would have not have run into untold troubles and miseries inflicted upon him by the Jews. He would have become the "King Messiah", but in fact he did not.

Agreed? 

IP IP Logged
zulqarnain

Groupie
Groupie

bullet Posted: 02 May 2006 at 3:07am
I agree with bmz. Now lets please close such topics, I'm sick and tired of giving answers and references..
And We have not sent you(O Muhammad!) but as a mercy to the worlds. (Al-Quran 21: 107)
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 02 May 2006 at 9:40am

Zulqarnain, No this will not close, I for one started this and I am still involved despite me not being able to be here for some days  I am not finish I have replies to do

For the rest of the participants here, Sorry for not being able to be here but I haven't forgotten and look forward to getting back soon 

George I printed out the article from that guy and read it on the train to work but there is something that is in error I believe.

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
fredifreeloader

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 02 May 2006 at 9:56am

bismarck wrote:   "the Crucifiction was a Passover" - your sly, antichrist insinuation has not escaped me, bismarck.  let us put it properly thus - "the crucifixion was a passover" - and so it was.  it was the passover to end all passovers, the sacrificial lamb being none other than the Lamb of God

for i am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth - romans 1: 16
IP IP Logged
George

bullet Posted: 02 May 2006 at 10:10am
Originally posted by bmzsp

Can all of us come back to the topic, "Jesus is God (or not)?

My conclusion is that he was NOT? Had he been one, it would have been  a success story as he would have not have run into untold troubles and miseries inflicted upon him by the Jews. He would have become the "King Messiah", but in fact he did not.

Agreed? 

Jesus' story was a success story and Jesus was the King Messiah.  God vindicated all of his claims.  The was the Victory of God.

IP IP Logged
Alibaba

Guest Group
Guest Group

bullet Posted: 02 May 2006 at 12:31pm

BMZ = you are leaving out of the equation the prophecy found in Isaiah, chapter 53, of the Jewish Bible, which states that the Messiah must suffer and die as an atonement for sin.

IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

bullet Posted: 02 May 2006 at 6:40pm

Hi Ali Baba,

From you:

"BMZ = you are leaving out of the equation the prophecy found in Isaiah, chapter 53, of the Jewish Bible, which states that the Messiah must suffer and die as an atonement for sin."

I do not consider Isaiah 53 in the equation as it was not a prophecy, for the following reasons:

Chapter 53 from the Jewish Bible is titled "Israel suffers for the Lord".

Chapter 53 from the Christian Old Testament is titled, "The Suffering and Glory of the Servant."

A sample:

Isaiah 53:10 from the Jewish Bible: "Yet it pleased the Lord to crush him by disease; To see if his soul would offer itself in restitution, That he might see his seed, prolong his days, And the purpose of the Lord might prosper by his hand:"

Isaiah 53:10 from the Christian OT: "Yet it was the Lord's will to crush him and cause him to suffer, and though the Lord makes his life a guilt offering, he will see his offspring and prolong his days, and the will of the Lord will propsper in his hand."

Ali Baba, with the above changes made to Isaiah 53:1-12 of the Jewish Bible, this is a serious change made to the words and the meanings of the Jewish "Isaiah".

That is the reason, I do not consider Isaiah 53, a prophecy of any kind. It is talking about the past.

Please read the entire Isaiah in the Jewish Bible and compare it with Isaiah in the Christian OT. You will find the difference easily.

Best Regards

BMZ

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 153 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version