Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: Jesus is God (or not)(Topic Closed Topic Closed) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 153 Next >>
mariyah

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
bullet Posted: 26 April 2006 at 12:40am

Assalaamu waylakum:

Found a Historical Perspective on the origins of the Bible and the origin of the claim that Jesus the prophet (pbuh) was divine. Cant say I agree or disagree with what it says, but it is interesting and was written from a secular viewpoint.

http://www.bidstrup.com/bible.htm

"Every good deed is charity whether you come to your brother's assistance or just greet him with a smile.
IP IP Logged
George

bullet Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:09am
Originally posted by Maryah

Assalaamu waylakum:

Found a Historical Perspective on the origins of the Bible and the origin of the claim that Jesus the prophet (pbuh) was divine. Cant say I agree or disagree with what it says, but it is interesting and was written from a secular viewpoint.

http://www.bidstrup.com/bible.htm

I did a google and asked who wrote the Koran?  Here are some sites that popped up:

http://www.hauns.com/~DCQu4E5g/koran7.html

http://bibleandquran.com/quran-word-of-god9.htm

http://debate.org.uk/topics/books/origins-koran.html

These articles are also interesting.

IP IP Logged
Servetus
Male Christian
Senior  Member

bullet Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:39am

BMZ,

“I don't know how long people will be kept in that paradox.”

I didn’t say parabox, mate, I said paradox .

Best regards,

Serv

IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

bullet Posted: 26 April 2006 at 8:46am

Serv,

That was a good one. Thanks for responding, mate.

BR & Good Night from Singapore

IP IP Logged
Bismarck

bullet Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Angel

To those Christians who keep saying that Jesus is God, and that the Catholic's believe this, can you please bring some evidence from scriptures.

Isn't it the Trinitarians that believe Jesus is God, not all christians and that the Nicene creed came from them?.

All my life I have known that Catholic don't believe that Jesus is God, despite the "In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit".

Even in the bible Jesus doesn't not claim to be God.

God and Jesus are separate beings, otherwise we wouldn't be having Son of God or God's only begotten son nor would we have Jesus speaking to God.

I know in the book that there is god and then there is God, there is a difference between the two. In some parts Jesus says he is god just like the rest of us, BUT it is in no way that its meant to be "God" the Almighty Father.

When you put the proper meaning/use of god/God in the scriptures then you get a slightly different meaning and understanding.

Some peope do miss some vital information

If Yeshua haMashiach = God...

How does God intercede between God and Mankind?  That is, how does God inter-cede, ie, come between, Himself and Mankind?  How can God come between His own Self and Man?

IP IP Logged
Bismarck

bullet Posted: 27 April 2006 at 9:52pm

If God created all things through his wisdom, then he did it through Christ.

It is my understanding that Yeshua haMashiach ushered in the Messianic age.  Possibly, a more exact/precise wording would be, Yeshua haMashiach was the culmination of the Messianic times and ushered in the post-Messianic Age of Salvation.

The Crucifiction was a Passover.  Afterwards, as shown in Acts, Simon Peter led the Believers in a New Way of Living, Living out the Messianic Way of Life in Jerusalem.  That was the "Day of the New Creation" of God's Church on Earth.  That was the "Dawn of a New Era".  Everything before that time, around 35 CE, was therefore "Before the [New] Creation".  The Messiah was the "firstborn from the dead"... that is, before the Crucifiction and Resurrection, all the world was bound in the death-chains of Sin.  As of Easter, the Messiah punched a hole in the Snake's prison walls, and was the Spearhead of Salvation, the Vanguard of Freedom into Life through Christ.

It is my understanding that this "Second Creation", this burgeoning Resurrection through Christ, should not be confused with the "First Creation" by Almighty God in Genesis 1-2.

I am willing to argue these scripturally, but my inet is about to cut out.

IP IP Logged
BMZ

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

bullet Posted: 29 April 2006 at 12:58am

Bismarck,

The Truth from you:

"The Crucifiction was a Passover." I agree with that wholeheartedly.  

I would like to re-write, "Afterwards, as shown in Acts, Simon Peter led the Believers in a New Way of Living, Living out the Messianic Way of Life in Jerusalem." by adding a small comment within.

"Afterwards, as shown in Acts, Simon Peter, the one who had clearly disowned Jesus three times openly, led the Believers in a New Way of Living, Living out the Messianic Way of Life in Jerusalem, which was futher made newer by Paul, the giant."

"It is my understanding that this "Second Creation", this burgeoning Resurrection through Christ, should not be confused with the "First Creation" by Almighty God in Genesis 1-2."

Adam still retains the First Spot.  Nothing changes that because if Adam were not created then David would not have been born!

Best Regards

BMZ

Edited by bmzsp
IP IP Logged
George

bullet Posted: 30 April 2006 at 9:30am
Originally posted by bmzsp

Bismarck,

The Truth from you:

"The Crucifiction was a Passover." I agree with that wholeheartedly.  

I would like to re-write, "Afterwards, as shown in Acts, Simon Peter led the Believers in a New Way of Living, Living out the Messianic Way of Life in Jerusalem." by adding a small comment within.

"Afterwards, as shown in Acts, Simon Peter, the one who had clearly disowned Jesus three times openly, led the Believers in a New Way of Living, Living out the Messianic Way of Life in Jerusalem, which was futher made newer by Paul, the giant."

"It is my understanding that this "Second Creation", this burgeoning Resurrection through Christ, should not be confused with the "First Creation" by Almighty God in Genesis 1-2."

Adam still retains the First Spot.  Nothing changes that because if Adam were not created then David would not have been born!

Best Regards

BMZ

You are probably right.  Guess this is why Allah asked the angels to bow down to his first created man.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 153 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version