Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Introduction: Who am I?
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Introduction: Who am I?
Message Icon Topic: Introduce Yourselves Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Akhe Abdullah
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Akhe Abdullah Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2008 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Hunter

Hello Akhe As salaamulaikum  It's true that we do tend to teach in the way that we were taught. That being the case, please do me a favor and thank your Imam for me and give him my best regards. Inshallah, some day I look foreward to passing on to someone else what you've taught me. To answer your question about how I got ahold of the Holy Quran is an interesting one. It also contains the answer to how I discovered Islam in the first place. After 9-11, like many Americans, I felt that the obvious evil that caused this must be Islam itself. However, I've never been one to take anyone else's word for anything-- I'm naturally stubborn, as I'm sure you'll eventually discover. I figured I'd find out for myself. The Quran itself seemed to be the most obvious source of this evil. Off I went to Borders and purchased the cheepest copy they had. Cost me five bucks. I had no intention of keeping it. I'd sit down, prove to myself what I thought I already knew: roses are red, grass is green, the sky is blue, and Islam is evil. I planned to then toss the offending Quran either in the woodstove or the trash and go on about my merry way. I'm ashamed to say it now, but that was the attitude I had when I sat down to read that book. I was in for what has been the biggest shock of my life. Instead of hatred and violence, I read about beauty, forgiveness and compassion. Racial equality and tolerance of other religions. I was so completely and utterly shocked! I couldn't put the book down, and looked foreward to reading it every day. I read the entire Quran in less than two weeks-- every word. My words can't begin to do justice, describing how I felt, or what went on inside me when I read it; I won't even try. Instead of tossing out the origional one (I still have it), I went back to Borders and bought the nice copy they had. It isn't leather or anything, but its a nicely bound hard-cover book with gold-guilded pages. Its become one of my most prized possessions. I've read many books in my life, but none that contained this much raw power or changed my life so profoundly. I've been trying to learn everything I can about Islam ever since. As for the prayers, I'm ashamed to admit I don't know any of the traditional Muslim prayers. Maybe you could teach me one or two, first in english so that I can understand what I'm saying. I think I've faithfully answered all your question, or all of them that I can remember anyhow. I've definately babled on endlessly so I'll stop now. Take good care Akhe  Respectfully-- Hunter   
As salaamulaikum                                 Alhamduillah! Brother Hunter Alhamduillah!When one becomes Muslim you can never just take someones word without solid proof of what that person is saying is Haqq(truth).just as some Christians may waist there time trying to convince Muslims that Prophet Isa son of Mary is god or his son.They never can prove it never.
IP IP Logged
Akhe Abdullah
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Akhe Abdullah Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2008 at 9:12am

Hello Akhe As salaamulaikum  It's true that we do tend to teach in the way that we were taught. That being the case, please do me a favor and thank your Imam for me and give him my best regards. Inshallah, some day I look foreward to passing on to someone else what you've taught me. To answer your question about how I got ahold of the Holy Quran is an interesting one. It also contains the answer to how I discovered Islam in the first place. After 9-11, like many Americans, I felt that the obvious evil that caused this must be Islam itself. However, I've never been one to take anyone else's word for anything-- I'm naturally stubborn, as I'm sure you'll eventually discover. I figured I'd find out for myself. The Quran itself seemed to be the most obvious source of this evil. Off I went to Borders and purchased the cheepest copy they had. Cost me five bucks. I had no intention of keeping it. I'd sit down, prove to myself what I thought I already knew: roses are red, grass is green, the sky is blue, and Islam is evil. I planned to then toss the offending Quran either in the woodstove or the trash and go on about my merry way. I'm ashamed to say it now, but that was the attitude I had when I sat down to read that book. I was in for what has been the biggest shock of my life. Instead of hatred and violence, I read about beauty, forgiveness and compassion. Racial equality and tolerance of other religions. I was so completely and utterly shocked! I couldn't put the book down, and looked foreward to reading it every day. I read the entire Quran in less than two weeks-- every word. My words can't begin to do justice, describing how I felt, or what went on inside me when I read it; I won't even try. Instead of tossing out the origional one (I still have it), I went back to Borders and bought the nice copy they had. It isn't leather or anything, but its a nicely bound hard-cover book with gold-guilded pages. Its become one of my most prized possessions. I've read many books in my life, but none that contained this much raw power or changed my life so profoundly. I've been trying to learn everything I can about Islam ever since. As for the prayers, I'm ashamed to admit I don't know any of the traditional Muslim prayers. Maybe you could teach me one or two, first in english so that I can understand what I'm saying. I think I've faithfully answered all your question, or all of them that I can remember anyhow. I've definately babled on endlessly so I'll stop now. Take good care Akhe  Respectfully-- Hunter   
As salaamulaikum Brother Hunter. Surah 1(1-7)is a prayer.You can find many on Duas.com,you can also find out how to make salat online IslamicFinder.org
IP IP Logged
Hunter
Male Islam

Quote Hunter Replybullet Posted: 16 December 2008 at 11:06pm
Akhe, hello my friend. As salaamulaikum  I looked up that surah in my Quran. That works for me; it's a nice prayer and as good a place to start as any. Also, I agree with you that to worship a prophet as a "God" is wrong. It's the problem I've always had with Christianity. To pray to anything or anyone other than to God himself is wrong doing. I'd always thought that and had always wished there was a religion that was truely God based. I just didn't realize until I read the Quran there was one. Muslims say "There is only one God; he has no associates or companions" For me, this is a truth I've already known in my heart for most of my life. Take good care, respectfully-- Hunter 
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
IP IP Logged
Caprice88

Starter
Starter

Quote Caprice88 Replybullet Posted: 23 December 2008 at 11:16am
Salam everyone

Everyone my name is Hana and am a sister from London. I was just checking out some topics in here and thought i might aswell introduce myself. Iam a sister studying a Degree in Biosciences. I also am the oldest in my family so i do help my mother a lot. Other than that i like to go to the mosque and study arabic and qur'an. My hobbies is to go to the gym and read islamic magazines.

Ma' salamah

Wink

Edited by Caprice88 - 23 December 2008 at 11:17am
A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.

IP IP Logged
Akhe Abdullah
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Akhe Abdullah Replybullet Posted: 24 December 2008 at 4:13pm

Akhe, hello my friend. As salaamulaikum  I looked up that surah in my Quran. That works for me; it's a nice prayer and as good a place to start as any. Also, I agree with you that to worship a prophet as a "God" is wrong. It's the problem I've always had with Christianity. To pray to anything or anyone other than to God himself is wrong doing. I'd always thought that and had always wished there was a religion that was truely God based. I just didn't realize until I read the Quran there was one. Muslims say "There is only one God; he has no associates or companions" For me, this is a truth I've already known in my heart for most of my life. Take good care, respectfully-- Hunter 
As Salaamulaikum Brother Hunter.Alhamduillah" It is truly a blessing from Allah The Most High that we have the religion of Haqq(Truth).Im sorry for the late reply my computer was down.
IP IP Logged
Akhe Abdullah
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Akhe Abdullah Replybullet Posted: 24 December 2008 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Caprice88

Salam everyone

Everyone my name is Hana and am a sister from London. I was just checking out some topics in here and thought i might aswell introduce myself. Iam a sister studying a Degree in Biosciences. I also am the oldest in my family so i do help my mother a lot. Other than that i like to go to the mosque and study arabic and qur'an. My hobbies is to go to the gym and read islamic magazines.

Ma' salamah

[IMG]http://www.islamicity.com/forum/smileys/smiley2.gif" height="17" width="17" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />
As Salaamulaikum Sister Caprice.May Allah bless you and your family in this life and the hearafter.
IP IP Logged
Hunter
Male Islam

Quote Hunter Replybullet Posted: 25 December 2008 at 10:06pm
Hello Caprice and welcome. As Salaamulaikum   I'll tell you exactly what brother Akhe told me when I first came here:  ' Welcome, and I hope this forum will be encouraging for you. ' It certainly has been for me. Ahke, I've missed talking to you brother-- I hope your computer is all better now. I've also been a bit busy with holiday type stuff. I may not be Christian but the rest of my family is. It's all good I guess; I look at Christmas as a way to spend time with my kids and family. I'll look foreward to talking with you in the near future-- take care my friend-- Hunter
"If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"-- DrDre
IP IP Logged
Akhe Abdullah
Male Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Akhe Abdullah Replybullet Posted: 26 December 2008 at 5:32am

Hello Caprice and welcome. As Salaamulaikum   I'll tell you exactly what brother Akhe told me when I first came here:  ' Welcome, and I hope this forum will be encouraging for you. ' It certainly has been for me. Ahke, I've missed talking to you brother-- I hope your computer is all better now. I've also been a bit busy with holiday type stuff. I may not be Christian but the rest of my family is. It's all good I guess; I look at Christmas as a way to spend time with my kids and family. I'll look foreward to talking with you in the near future-- take care my friend-- Hunter
As Salaamulaikum Brother Hunter.Yea I wish all my family would embrace Islam also, it would be so beautiful.I can recall someone(nonMuslim)telling me I was a bad person for not celebrating Christmas,And I say Its not in the Quran or Hadith.We Muslims are suppose to give regularly not just one day of the year.There are some good intentions about Christmas but let someone not receive a gift and see their reaction.All Praise is do to Allah.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version