Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: VICTIMS OF THE FAITH Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Finefair

Starter
Starter

Online Status: Offline
Quote Finefair Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2005 at 8:45am

Es Salaamu alaykum Mockba,

From your discussion with Bosnian, seemed to me more hassle than a Muslim talk. 
I expected you to greet a Muslim brother with salaam, unfortunately your stubbornness to prove what you want, you forgot our manners. We should strive for knowledge, and this article is an excellent source. What made you to provoke Bosnian in that manner deserves apology. 
Neither would I agree on your conclusion of Muslims being the victims of Christian faith...
I think, rest of us never doubted that it would be our Muslim faith.

selaam,

IP IP Logged
Yusuf.

Senior  Member

Quote Yusuf. Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2005 at 4:10pm

Assalamu alaikum,

akhi finefair, good post. I only very rarely contribute to this board because of the prevalence of hostility that many, it seems, are all too prepared to unleash for the smallest of disagreements.

Akhi bosnian, you have said things about my dear brother Moskva about which I cannot remain silent. I have been a participant on this board for several years and cannot think of anyone whose opinion I value more than his. Instead of being so intent on proving your own point, open your ears and listen to what he has to say. I assure you his wisdom far exceeds yours and mine.

Allah 'Alim

Edited by Yusuf.
Yusuf
IP IP Logged
MOCKBA

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote MOCKBA Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2005 at 7:42pm

Originally posted by Finefair

Es Salaamu alaykum Mockba,

From your discussion with Bosnian, seemed to me more hassle than a Muslim talk. 
I expected you to greet a Muslim brother with salaam, unfortunately your stubbornness to prove what you want, you forgot our manners. We should strive for knowledge, and this article is an excellent source. What made you to provoke Bosnian in that manner deserves apology. 
Neither would I agree on your conclusion of Muslims being the victims of Christian faith...
I think, rest of us never doubted that it would be our Muslim faith.

selaam,

wa'alaikumu salaam finefair,

Appreciate your time of going through the discussion. At times we have different views on certain issues, different views on the subject of authenticity, different kind of knowledge that we seek  and not to mention of different backgrounds exposures experiences and characters. Therefore it is perfectly alright to have different opinions, as it is alright to agree.

If i happen to have forgotten my manners in the above or other discussions, my immediate apologies to Bosnian and to you. And i insist that in future you awlays remind me of that. You may have skipped my earlier apologies to Bosnian, but they also remain. Even if my manners were fine, my apologies to all for having hurt feelings or having provoked someone. And I seek Allaah's help in keeping us away from the path of those who stray.

As far as your disagreements to my conclusion is concerned, may i suggest that you re-read my conclusions and discover something new. On the other hand why turn back to 'hassle' as you say.

My conclusions were derived from personal experiences, visits and observations. I may not have marred my face in the battlefields of Bosnia, or made my forefinger callous from the trigger but neither do i want you and others to do so... not until the cause is entirely clear and the banner we raise in battles is universal.

May Allaah guide us all.

Edited by MOCKBA
MOCKBA
IP IP Logged
MOCKBA

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote MOCKBA Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2005 at 2:45am

Assalaamu'alaikum Brother Yusuf.

I just noticed your post and must admit feel a little awkward from attribution of inflated wisdom. My thoughts are reciprocal and i too learn and value much from what you and many other "dinosaurs" as well as new-comers have contributed to this forum. You have, without may be having realised that, the importance of listening and learning rather than communicating... which i am yet to master well.

And hostility is everywhere, in this world we have hostilities for breakfast, hostilities at work, on the road and in the markets... you name it. That shouldn't stop you from contributing in this forum... someone may be too quick to throw something back at you, yet you never no how many people truly learn from what you have posted and appreciated your effort... it's just that they do not always express themselves too well or stay quiet behind the curtains waiting for your next post.    

Jazzak Allah Khair

MOCKBA
IP IP Logged
Finefair

Starter
Starter

Quote Finefair Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2005 at 9:12pm

Es samaamu alaykum Moskba and Yusuf,

My intention was not to hurt anyone, but to tell you that you were not correct to brother Bosnian. The topic is VICTIMS OF THE FAITH-(Christian ) bur not the Bosnian  or Russian survival, that you were engaged. I can tell you that I seldom find anything good and powerful like that article. Non of you ever produced.

Brother Yusuf, show me that wisdom you talking about is not capable of discerning or grasping the mining ‘Victim of …… Do we know what is a real definition of wisdom: Ghazali defined it as’The knowledge in action’
You said: Akhi bosnian, you have said things about my dear brother Moskva about which I cannot remain silent.
Brother Yusuf, I am petrified with your arrogant comment, and I would like to see what he said so badly that you couldn’t remain silent. The only mistake that Bosnian made is that this article should be under religion – not politic. We Muslims should be sincere and I do not find that with you.  If you continue being like that, pretty soon you will not have new people on the forum.

ma salaam,

===
Admin: Edited by admin to fix the format.

Edited by Administrator
IP IP Logged
kim!

Senior  Member

Quote kim! Replybullet Posted: 08 May 2005 at 10:29pm

Oi! Can I jump in here for a second with big, muddy boots?

Yusuf is NOT arrogant - he is thoughtful. And he certainly is NOT insincere. If you think that, then you haven't understood a word he's said. And Mockba is always worth listening to, even if you might not agree with everything he says. He cares and is also sincere. Did anyone even _ask_ him what he meant when he said that he doesn't think Muslims are victims of Christianity? 

Sheesh. I'm not even a Muslim and I can understand them. I think _someone_ needs to stay around in this community and read a little (A LOT!) more before deciding to criticise anyone here.

Kim...

IP IP Logged
Yusuf.

Senior  Member

Quote Yusuf. Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2005 at 12:45pm

Assalamu alaikum,

Akhi Moskva, do you now see what I mean. I find comments by Akhi Bosnian such as "Moskovic, like a pious pasha, has blurred his faces. Is this the condition of interpretation? To be a two-dimensional cartoon without a face?" inappropriate and say so, and akhi finefair calls me arrogant.

Most of the participants here behave as children, flinging epithets at the first chance they receive. I have lived too long and seen too much to waste my time correcting children. However, I have frequented this board long enough to realize that chidren come and go on this board. Accordingly, until this group of children moves on I will return to contributing to other Islamic boards, where more mature individuals contribute.

Edited by Yusuf.
Yusuf
IP IP Logged
MOCKBA

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Quote MOCKBA Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2005 at 6:01am

Assalamu'alaikum,

Brother Yusuf, i suggest that we continue contributing here. As you pointed well, children come and go on this board... lets hope that some begin to mature, too, insha Allaah. Will also appreciate if you could share links to some Islaamic boards that you contribute to or find more interesting... i might stay tuned.

Ma'a Salaam.

MOCKBA
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version