Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: 20 Theses (duct-taped to the IC wall) Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
kenski70

Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote kenski70 Replybullet Posted: 05 January 2006 at 2:12pm

Don't say that Kenski.  The Soviet Union was atheist only in propaganda.  Muslims were all over Russia, I'm sure there were muslims in the Russian army, even if they were forbidden to practice.  I'm also quite sure that Muslims were part of the people who fought the Desert Fox and Italy's invasion of Northern Africa.  Most of their countries were as yet unestablished as we know them now.  They did not have the massive armies of the Allies of WWII.  But, the gesture would do well to show the 2 billion Muslims that the world considers them important. 

And on a side note?  Who gave the French their seat?  They surrendered...twice! 

Outstanding points Angela. And the fact of the matter is that the muslims are indeed part of this world, and do need to be heard. The UN was meant to replace the League of Nations,and at times proven to be just as ineffective.  I'm not sure who France conned.China won no major battles either. I'm sure the cold war had alot to do with this.
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
IP IP Logged
earth_as_one

Quote earth_as_one Replybullet Posted: 05 January 2006 at 3:01pm
Sorry Kenski, but if defeating Axis powers was a requirement, Canada would have a permanent seat.

...At the end of World War II, Canada possessed the third-largest navy and fourth-largest air force in the world, as well as the largest volunteer army ever fielded...link

Never loosing a war also isn't a requirement. If so Canada would have a permanent seat. And yes Canada did kick America's @$$ back in 1812. We even burned down the Whitehouse too! Sorry about that. Therefore I offer you a truly Canadain apology

A Truly Canadian Apology to the U.S.

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron.

He is a moron but it wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America. After all it's not like you actually elected him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's Very Nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your beer but, we Feel your Pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you wanna have your friends by your side. I realize it took more than two years before you guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive way, which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this. We've seen what you do to countries you get upset with.

Thank you,
Rick Mercer
This Hour Has 22 Minutes
CBC Television

I hate to disappoint you, but at the time the UN was handing out permanent seats on the UNSC, a country needed the ability to annihilate the planet to qualify. Both France and China possess that capability.

But Canada never got a permanent seat on the UNSC because we chose not to develop nuclear weapons, even though we are guilty of helping the US and India develop their nuclear weapons.

Canada's past and present contribution to nuclear weapons isn't that well known even by Canadians

Canada's Nuclear Industry and
the Myth of the Peaceful Atom

Instead Canada choose to neglect its miltary and divert military funds required for the defense of our country toward bureaucratic nonsense such as translation of documentation from English to French and back again.

Since the inception of Canada?s Official Languages Act in 1968, official bilingualism is estimated to have cost Canadians approximately $60 billion. Today, the cost of translating federal government documents and operating various programs, such as French language training for federal public servants, is estimated to be some $4 billion annually. And these figures do not take into account the cost of publishing bilingual documents and providing bilingual services at the provincial and municipal levels, or similar costs incurred by private enterprises...
Link

If Canada wanted we could have built nuclear weapons, but we are far too busy translating government documentation. I have no regrets for this foolishness, not even for burning down the Whitehouse.

Edited by earth_as_one
But I might be wrong
IP IP Logged
Servetus
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Servetus Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2006 at 4:49pm

In the future, everyone will access the same discussion group, but all they will say is "hi."

Servetus

IP IP Logged
Ketchup

Quote Ketchup Replybullet Posted: 15 February 2006 at 10:45pm
Should you be using duct tape?  Its an invention of the evil west.
IP IP Logged
-ArabianKnight-

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote -ArabianKnight- Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2006 at 1:07am
This is the only wall worth nailing anything to....

thats right.. I make no sense..
THere Is no god, BUT GOD
and Adam was his First Messenger
Senior  Member

Quote Servetus Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2006 at 8:21am

"Should you be using duct tape?  Its an invention of the evil west."

Please, Ketchup, in your own words (or mine), demonstrate conclusively that the at times seemingly mythical "West" is invariably evil.  Once done, I shall of course reconsider my use of duct tape.  (Thanks for reminding me of how to properly spell it, 'duct,' that is.)   

Cheers.

Serv

Edited by Servetus
IP IP Logged
Ketchup

Quote Ketchup Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2006 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Servetus

"Should you be using duct tape?  Its an invention of the evil west."

Please, Ketchup, in your own words (or mine), demonstrate conclusively that the at times seemingly mythical "West" is invariably evil.  Once done, I shall of course reconsider my use of duct tape.  (Thanks for reminding me of how to properly spell it, 'duct,' that is.)   

Cheers.

Serv

Personally I don't think we are evil though the actions of our governments do make us cringe and hang ourheads in shame.

But as you asked here is my list of why we are evil.

1. Democracy
  2. Microsoft
  3. Government policy
  4. Mcdonalds
  5. Elmo
  6. Solicitors
  7. Moral values
  8. Tolerance of religion
  9. Open door policies
  10. Capitalism

"The days followed one another patiently. Right back at the beginning of the multiverse they had tried all passing at the same time, and it hadn't worked."
IP IP Logged
Servetus
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote Servetus Replybullet Posted: 16 February 2006 at 9:09am

(Ketchup:)  "Personally I don't think we are evil though the actions of our governments do make us cringe and hang ourheads in shame."

I do admire (and envy) your brevity!  So then, if I have correctly understood, we here in the West are not evil but are shameful (assuming that our parliamentary forms of government are truly representative of the collective political will).   

”But as you asked here is my list of why we are evil …

Um, *gulp*, with some possible exceptions, that was a rather good list!  I am, for the moment, gobsmacked and am reconsidering my use of duct tape! 

Serv

P.S.  Please (you and others) do consider adding some aphorisms, propositions and theses of your own to this thread.  As you may have noticed by the title, I have already extended it from 10 to 15 theses, but it could go on indefinitely.   

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version