Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: Can someone explain what Iran is doing? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2005 at 8:01am

Sad poor energy hungry west. Just always stuck in "strategic gain or disadvantage".

Sad, but the days are now just numbered. Ze party is over. Try whichever what way. Come back to thy roots our poor poor Community. All will be forgiven.

IP IP Logged
Community

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Community Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2005 at 10:42am

Do not worry about me or my roots, my roots do not lay in specific tribes or certain people. I will not accept anything less from this life except death, because that is the reality so i leave the doubtful for certainty. And till the time i die, i will serve none but Allah to the best of my ability.

IP IP Logged
kenski70

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote kenski70 Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2005 at 11:07am
Iran wants to dominate the Muslim world. It wants to solidify its position in the Muslim world by stoking that "did the holocaust happen" fire. In doing so Iran puts out the image of the Pillar of Islamic values. Anyone practicing that faith and agrees with this stance anywhere in the Muslim world may be inclined to side with Iran in event of a conflict. Thats just what the president of Iran was going for. The thing is.75% of Iran was born after the '79 revolution. The only life they've ever known was under these despots who rule now. America can see these people grow tired of this way of life. And the best bet is to allow the Iranian gov. to continue to treat their people like dirt. Knowing eventually they will snap (just as they did with the shah.) these people that took over are just as bad as the shah, but they say its Allah's will so the people blindly follow along.
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2005 at 2:20pm
What great Mid West feel low soaper!
IP IP Logged
earth_as_one

Quote earth_as_one Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2005 at 3:17pm

Wow, great replies.  I did come to the right web forum!

Community, I hope you are correct.  If so, I feel sorry for the rest of the Iranians who are now stuck with an extermist leadership.  In a way, they are as helpless as millions of Americans who strongly disagree with their extremist leadership.

Whisper, I agree the war has been going on for ages.   But President Ahmadinejad's comments seemed designed to provoke a wider conflict.  As it it now, American war planes aren't bombing Iran... yet.  If the hot heads on both sides don't cool down the rhetoric, a greater conflict seems unavoidable.

I believe in the teachings of M.K. Ghandi: "I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent."

I see nothing good coming from increased violence.  All I see is increased suffering and injustice.  But if you want to know my opinion about this conflict, check out my posts as earth_as_one, starting at post 10 ... until the last page.

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/Ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_to pic;f=53;t=000100;p=1

This forum is predominantly American, but it has strict rules about personal attacks and genuinely respects free speech.  All opinions are welcome.  However, when the debate seemed to be going nowhere, the moderator locked the string down.  No more posts.  But at least many Americans on that forum got some badly needed facts.

Voiceoftawheed... in that string above, I stated that the post WW II Jewish refugee problem was a European problem and it would have made more sense to put Israel in Germany, rather than in Palestine.  That was two months ago.  When Ahmadinejad recently made the same suggestion, it made me wonder if he read my posts???

But Ahmadinejad he is wrong about the Holocaust.  It did happen.

http://www.holocaust-history.org/

Not all the victims were Jewish, but its a fact that millions of the victims were Jewish and they were killed because of their race/religion.  Its wasn't the first time... or the last time... such a thing happened.

I also disgree with wiping Israel off the map.  Solving past and present injustices by creating new injustices is how we got into this mess in the first place.  Most Israeli citizens want peace.

I have a Jewish friend who moved to Israel from Russia.  When he found out the land he was granted for building a home was recently stolen from Palestinians, he moved to Canada.  On moral and ethical grounds he could not accept a gift originating from theft.  Many Jews feel the same way.  Many more are simply unaware of where the land came from.  Others know, but don't care, for a variety of reasons.

In effect Europeans did the same thing to the first nations here in North America.

http://www.crystalinks.com/nativeamericans.html

What happened to the first nation's people was savage and cruel.  But its too late to undo the injustices.  Only their descendants remain.  All we can hope to do now is arrive at an equitable settlement with their descendants.  To some degree Canada has been successful

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tunngavik_Federation_of_Nunavut

But mostly we have failed.

But in the case of Palestine, its not too late.  Many in the west are becoming aware and want to do something.  But Ahmadinejad's comments aren't helpful.  They actually increase the power of those who hold anti-Muslim, anti-Islam opinions and weaken voices of reason.

I suggest that sticking to the facts.  The truth is damaging enough as it is.  We don't need to deny history.

But I might be wrong
IP IP Logged
Community

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Community Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2005 at 6:34pm

You know a good way to defeat your enemy? let him believe false and untrue information, better yet mold it into the religion for them and let them gulb it up, and when the time is there they will be like scattered rubbish even quirreling amongst there ownselves about their assumed beliefs. And ofcourse they will slip because of their leaders hunger for power and do something wrong to you, and at that point you are able to smash them like rocks falling on a basket of eggs.

Edited by Community
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2005 at 7:07pm
well it seems Iran is banning western music now
~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 19 December 2005 at 10:46pm

You know a good way to defeat your enemy? let him believe false and untrue information, better yet mold it into the religion for them and let them gulb it up, and when the time is there they will be like scattered rubbish even quirreling amongst there ownselves about their assumed beliefs. And ofcourse they will slip because of their leaders hunger for power and do something wrong to you, and at that point you are able to smash them like rocks falling on a basket of eggs.

That shows your true envious Muslim hating self. I always knew you were a strange wolf hiding behind a page from the Koran.

You can say what you like as you are just an American. We don't expect you to behave like a humanbeing, but I am going to ask you to establish your identity as a Muslim.

Plus, I am going to ask the moderators to look into abuse of Soorah Fateha as an avtar by a most suspicious chap on this board.

That is in fact an absolutely cheap thing for you to do whoever you are.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version