Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

World Politics
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : World Politics
Message Icon Topic: A Nation Rocked to Sleep Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2005 at 10:20am

Some rats at least have brains.

My question was very simple but you do not have the guts nor the brain to answer it straight. What open society exists in Eyerak and Afghanistan since the filthy invasions and in your best allies Pakistan and EGYPT - not to forget the people boiling ally of your's - Uzbekistan. 

Guardian is the most respected paper in this part of the world. It's not published for the rif rafs or other such street urchins.

If you can't answer the question just shut up

Edited by Whisper
IP IP Logged
Hayfa
Female  Islam
Senior  Member

Quote Hayfa Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2005 at 10:41am

England was allied with Australia, so was Russia. Did they fight off the Japs? Real Australians know this!

Well they were in their own war with Germany.. Seemed to be a bit hard to do both from their perspective. Since both countries were fighting for their survival after being invaded by Germany seems pretty hard to judge their actions under such conditions.  The number of Russians who lost their lives in WWII is staggering.

Seems that with over 50 millions people dying in WWII it is pretty hard to judge. The WORLD was at war. With the exception of the penguins on Antarctica that war affected all areas of the world.

By the way the term ‘Japs’ is considered to not be a very respectful way of defining the Japanese. Just like 'gook' and other ways of labeling people.   

You sound like someone who just cannot believe that the government we live under can do immoral things. Let's face it, we Americans have benefited from the exploitations of others. We did it through slavery of nonwhite people and colonization. If you study history, slavery of nonwhite people built this country through the cotton kingdom that drove the US economy. We do it now through neocolonialism.  Is the US the first to exploit and rule, of course not.  Will the empire fall one day like the Romans and Ghengis Khan?  Probably so.

Americans have a difficult time addressing its history. (I cannot speak about other places as I do not live there, though I am sure an inability to handle the past or present is not only here.) To think that my ancestors directly supported or accepted enslaving people is beyond my comprehension. That we support terribly tyranny (Sadaam Hussein or apartheid in South Africa at all) in my lifetime is also beyond me. That as a wealthy country with so many things as our disposal we buy bigger and greater guns rather then schools and immunizations.

But as studies show most Americans do not care about how many Iraqis are dead, just our 'people'. We create an us' vs. 'them' mentality so we can feel okay about killing others. We (and its not just the US) create an 'other'.

Our culture of consumerism is what drives us. We'd rather get the latest plasma TV then help others.

Sister Hayfa

When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy. Rumi
IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2005 at 11:17am
What a breath of fresh air after facing some rusty nails!
IP IP Logged
kenski70

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote kenski70 Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2005 at 12:53pm
Lots of good points here Hayfa. My argument came directly from a veteran of the Australian army who was there. And he specifically named England and Russia as "no shows" pointing out America was at war with Germany also. But still sent help to Australia. Thats what was important to him........ the consumerism thing is very true about being a driving force here in America.we are a nation of consumers. And the more cool stuff there is like say a plasma TV, PS3, or new computer those are perks of capitalism. We as Americans can buy because our people go to work and earn the money to buy that stuff. whether or not we give it away........depends on the person.
Sorry about that turn signal,I must have fallen asleep.
IP IP Logged
kenski70

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote kenski70 Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2005 at 12:55pm

Guardian is the most respected paper in this part of the world. It's not published for the rif rafs or other such street urchins.

So why are you reading it?

IP IP Logged
Muslim Friend

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Muslim Friend Replybullet Posted: 20 December 2005 at 2:32pm

Kenski -

what????? By the way it was later deemed unconstitutional to do this to these American citizens. And each was compensated several hundred thousand apiece! comparing Al Queda prisoners to them is stupid. for one the Japanese were American citizens. Al Queda scumbags are not. The Japanese were rousted out of their homes in America and were not fighting or hiding. Al Queda  not the case. Apples and

You answered my point. It was LATER deemed unconstitutional, but the American ppl as a whole are selfish, you act first and THINK(!!)after, and when you eventually do think, you believe compensation is the answer!!!

We as Americans can buy because our people go to work and earn the money to buy that stuff. whether or not we give it away........depends on the person.

And the rest of us bloody  ppl don't work do we!!! Also please answer Whispers comments as per below, i'm actually interested in what your answer will be..

My question was very simple but you do not have the guts nor the brain to answer it straight. What open society exists in Eyerak and Afghanistan since the filthy invasions and in your best allies Pakistan and EGYPT - not to forget the people boiling ally of your's - Uzbekistan.

Edited by Muslim Friend
O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
IP IP Logged
earth_as_one

Quote earth_as_one Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2005 at 9:52am

Think you are well informed K?

At the time of the US led invasion, did you believe the US had proof Iraq possessed WMDs and aided the terrorists who carried out the 9/11 attacks?  Be honest.

Meanwhile outside the US, few people supported the war or felt Iraq was a credible or iminent threat.  Post war evidence supports the opinions and perceptions of the majority of the world, not the opnions and misperceptions of Americans.  So how did so many Americans become misinformed. 

Consider

>>>>>>>>

The Verdict Is In: TV News Is Bad For Your Brain

A new study has revealed that people who rely on television to get their news are more likely to be misinformed on the facts about Iraq, WMD's and Iraq's ties to 9/11 than those who get their news from other sources or even who don't follow the news at al.

The study polled over 3,000 people on their perceptions about international support for the Iraq War, ties of Saddam Hussein to the events of 9/11, and the Discovery of WMD's in Iraq. What they found, incredibly, though not surprising, was that the more people got their news from TV, the higher the frequency of their misperceptions.

Out of all the news networks, of course, Fox News ranked highest among misinformed viewers. The lowest was PBS.

Bush's support tied to misperceptions

Another angle of the poll was to group by Bush supporters or Democratic candidate supporters. Naturally, the vast majority of the misinformed were Bush supporters. This included Democrats that supported Bush....

http://americanassembler.com/issues/media/

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Americans are hardly in a position to criticise the foreign news sources.  In fact Americans would be a lot better informed if they started balancing their news with sources like the Guardian or even Al Jazeera.

http://english.aljazeera.net/HomePage

I recommend googleNews

http://news.google.com

>>>>>>

Five companies - Viacom (owner of CBS), Disney (ABC), News Corporation (Fox), General Electric (NBC) and AOL Time Warner - control about 75 percent share of production of prime-time viewing...

http://www.corpwatch.org/article.php?id=6850

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Having an open mind is the ability to consider an idea without embracing it.  If you don't consider other news sources but instead rely on one of the five similar sources of news in the US, you will end up being arrogant, ignorant and misinformed.  That might explain many of your above posts.

BTW, the UK and Russia did fight Japan during WW II.  The UK and Russia both had interests in East Asia.  Hong Kong was overrun by the Japanese at the beginning of the war.  Russia declared war on Japan at the end of the war.

Edited by earth_as_one
But I might be wrong
IP IP Logged
kenski70

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote kenski70 Replybullet Posted: 21 December 2005 at 8:29pm

At the time of the US led invasion, did you believe the US had proof Iraq possessed WMDs and aided the terrorists who carried out the 9/11 attacks?  Be honest.

Totally honest here! I have no doubts Saddam had WMDs. He's used them on Iran and his own citizens. Did he have any come invasion time? Hard to say, wasn't like he didn't know the invasion was coming. And had a chance to hide them or ship them out of country. I never felt Saddam had a thing to do with 9-11. That was OBL and the Taliban. Do I think Saddam was happy 9-11 happened? I have no doubts. Neither of these were significant in my book as to my decision to support war with Iraq. My opinion was Saddam should have been neutralized long ago. Anyone reading this honestly cannot deny saddam was killing his own citizens. As a vet of the first gulf war Ive seen that this guy has done to his fellow man firsthand! So they happened to be Muslim I never looked at what religion was in play here just bad acts by man. What Saddam was doing to the Shia and Kurds is no different than what the Serbs were doing to the Ethnic Albanians. For that he deserved to go down just as Slabodan Melosevich did. WMD or terrorist ties or not. Americas biggest crime here was not removing Saddam long ago.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 10 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version