Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue  
Message Icon Topic: Will Muslims accept Jesus as thier saviour. Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Ron Webb

Originally posted by Laleh

Sorry Mr Ron, Muslims who are proficient in classical Arabic would not accept your argument. Any commentary or translation into English or any other language would be the commentary basically of the  translator, which is not necessarily what is written in Arabic in the Quran. Until you can speak read and write classical Arabic all commentaries are a guideline and not necessarily "gospel" as some of you would put it. I would refer you to the scholars.

And I would refer you to the Quran, as I quoted it in my first post on this topic.  Verse 5:69 clearly says that Jews and Christians shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.  Verse 3:85 clearly says that no religion except Islam shall be accepted.  There are no translation issues here, and no scholar or commentary can explain away the obvious contradiction.

LOL You can keep telling yourself that, but you were very clearly refuted.  Fake sheiks can give themselves authority to interpret the Quran, but no one will take them seriously!
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2014 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by Caringheart

And I would refer you to the Quran, as I quoted it in my first post on this topic.  Verse 5:69 clearly says that Jews and Christians shall have no fear nor shall they grieve.  Verse 3:85 clearly says that no religion except Islam shall be accepted.  There are no translation issues here, and no scholar or commentary can explain away the obvious contradiction.

Hi Ron,

abrogation... and 5 was revealed after 3, so the people of the Book should be in the clear it seems.  Smile

Oh, it seems we have another fake Sheik who has no idea what she is talking about!

Since you think that a later surah somehow always "abrogates" an earlier surah, perhaps you should consider that Surah Al-Maeda (surah 5) also states:

"This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." (5:3)

This is in addition to the other verses in Surah Al-Maeda which heavily criticize Jews and Christians for their deviant beliefs.  But, I know.  Facts seem to go in one ear and out the other with you.  LOL

And by the way, here is another example of your NT "witnesses" not being able to agree with each other:

"Just then a man came up to Jesus and asked, “Teacher, what good thing must I do to get eternal life?”

17 “Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”" (Matthew 19:16-17) 

So, follow the commandments and you will have eternal life!  No need to accept Jesus as your "savior" etc.  Sounds simple, no?  Oh, but wait! 

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

I guess Paul (or whoever wrote the letter to the Romans) didn't get the memo...

Edited by islamispeace - 15 August 2014 at 1:17pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by islamispeace

Hi Ron,

abrogation... and 5 was revealed after 3, so the people of the Book should be in the clear it seems.  Smile

Oh, it seems we have another fake Sheik who has no idea what she is talking about!

Since you think that a later surah somehow always "abrogates" an earlier surah, perhaps you should consider that Surah Al-Maeda (surah 5) also states:

"This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, Allah is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." (5:3)

This is in addition to the other verses in Surah Al-Maeda which heavily criticize Jews and Christians for their deviant beliefs.  But, I know.  Facts seem to go in one ear and out the other with you.  LOL

Greetings islamispeace,

You just summed up the reason I put no faith in islam. 
How is a muslim supposed to know what to follow with such a mixture of messages? 
There is no one message from the Creator but a continually changed message, as meets the changing thoughts of the very human bringer of the message.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Edited by Caringheart - 15 August 2014 at 6:11pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2014 at 2:24pm

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Romans 10:9)

as regards this;

Yes, precisely...

If you declare belief in Yshwe and believe in Him with your heart, you will be lead to follow the commandments given by the Father, the Creator.

Yes, confessing Yshwe saves.

Yshwe leads to salvation.  Smile

asalaam.

Edited by Caringheart - 15 August 2014 at 2:26pm
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2014 at 2:50pm

Hi Ron,

Greetings islamispeace,

You just summed up the reason I put no faith in islam. 
How is a muslim supposed to know what to follow with such a mixture of messages? 
There is no one message from the Creator but a continually changed message, as meets the changing thoughts of the very human bringer of the message.

asalaam,
Caringheart

Clap In one ear and out the other.  Thank you for illustrating my point!

If you had bothered to read my previous posts to Ron, you would see that I have already explained what verses like 5:32 actually mean.  There is no "mixture of messages".  You're confusing your Bible, which has hundreds of contradictory verses, with the Quran. LOL

IP IP Logged
Caringheart

Senior  Member

Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2014 at 2:55pm
Greetings islamispeace,

I am not following your extremely long conversation with Ron.
I am merely replying to what you posted to me.

asalaam.
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2014 at 3:01pm

as regards this;

Yes, precisely...

If you declare belief in Yshwe and believe in Him with your heart, you will be lead to follow the commandments given by the Father, the Creator.

Yes, confessing Yshwe saves.

Yshwe leads to salvation.  Smile

asalaam.

Typical circular reasoning...the hallmark of Christian apologists...Ermm

You should have read the next few verses Matthew 19 before opening your mouth!  Come on, do some work!  I can't do it all for you! 

You see, when Jesus (peace be upon him) said "keep all the commandments", the man asked him to clarify.  Here is what Jesus said:

"Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’c]">[c] and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’d]">[d]”

20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”" (Matthew 19:18-21) 

So, Jesus explained what commandments needed to be followed.  Nothing was said about believing that "Jesus is Lord" or that God will raise him from the dead.  Surely, Jesus would have known that he would have been raised from the dead (if he was "God"), yet he said nothing about it to the man.  It was only when Paul came around and decided that he knew better that the nonsense of Christian salvation theology became prominent.  Jesus, on the other hand, said nothing of the sort.

I guess you didn't get the memo either! LOL

IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior  Member

Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 15 August 2014 at 3:03pm

Greetings islamispeace,

I am not following your extremely long conversation with Ron.
I am merely replying to what you posted to me.

asalaam.

Then it's probably better that you stay out of the conversation.  If you are too lazy to read the issues that have already been discussed and yet bring up the same issues later on, that is your problem.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 11 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version