Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Science & Technology
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Science & Technology
Message Icon Topic: cube (ka’aba) the house Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 2
Israfil

Senior  Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 15 November 2005 at 11:15pm

Community now you've contradicted yourself. Which number is perfect 1 or 6? In my last post I declared that there is no perfect number so long as numbers are in the language of humans. Math of course ins universal and infinite in the sense of our language and understanding of reality but there is no numeric system which is perfect in the sense that can be allocated to divine providence. I used 99 as the closes as I mentioned before as we see in the numeric table that from 1 which is the beginning of the sequence to 9 which is the ending of the sequence are perfect.

Community you must examine the argument.

1 being the beginning of a sequence of numbers sets the sequence in which all numbers afterwards follows. 9 being the ending sequence ends the chain. Also in addition to my argument that numbers aren't perfect I would also like to mention that since numbers are infnite there is no definite conclusion to any perfect number. Because there is always a number that is bigger we therefore can conclude that there are a series of infinite solutions hence no numbers conceivable are perfect. I've heard Muslims use 7 as 7 resembles the levels of the heavens but even then that argument is flawed. In truth no one is perfect except God almighty.

IP IP Logged
firewall

Quote firewall Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2005 at 5:10am
bismillahi rahmani raheem,

i shakily remember my lecturer, she's has a PhD in Math or something like that, tells me the cube is mathematically a perfect shape. thus one reason why the Ka'abah is perfect. i don't know about cubes & maths, so i just have to take her word. still i do love that muslims tawaf around the Kaabah. it's like the other natural order in this universe -- i.e. the orbits. isn't it amazing...

wallahu a'lam.
IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 16 November 2005 at 10:49am

Firewall well that is in regards to gemoetrical shapes then yes you can say a cub or some other object with even sides are perfect. A cube is 3 dimensional (or four?)so yes I would say its perfect. But as for the number 6 it by itself is not perfect as no number on the numeric table is.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 2
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version