Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Science & Technology
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : General : Science & Technology
Message Icon Topic: Flat Earth and the Geocentric Universe Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
airmano

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote airmano Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2014 at 7:57am
If the Quran stated:
"The moon is a cube" - Would you believe it ?
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2014 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Ron Webb

That doesn't help at all.  How could He say anything with no air or anything else to carry the sound waves?  And how could a word make a world?

R U serious?

You may recall that in 2004 a tsunami in the Indian Ocean killed 230,000 people.  That was "perfect harmony"?

That was a once in a lifetime event caused by Plate Tectonics.
In a chaotic world multiply that by a 100 and as a daily occurrence.

Actually if you take away the oceans and water then you have no life on earth. The water cycle and the oceans are maintained perfectly by God Almighty. A slight variation in the environments and water would not be available on earth.

As far as I know, the Quran does not mention bacteria, and yet they are by far the most abundant form of life on this planet.  Is it also your belief that bacteria don't exist?

The Qur'an doesn't mention many things of this world or the Universe in which we live in. The Qur'an is a Mercy to us and it only has what we essentially need for salvation or to seek it. If the Qur'an goes into every minute detail then it would be silly, wouldn't it?

On that note God can tell us every single thing that has happened since creation, but how would that help us?
IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Quote Ron Webb Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2014 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Abu Loren

R U serious?

The question is, are you serious?  Your "explanation" is not just incomprehensible, it's ridiculous.  What does it even mean to say that God "spoke", before there was a universe in which the sound of his voice could propagate?  And how could a word cause a universe to come into existence?

A perfect world would mean zero times in a lifetime.  A perfect God would be more powerful than plate tectonics.  What you're describing is an imperfect world, and a weak, imperfect god.

The Qur'an doesn't mention many things of this world or the Universe in which we live in. The Qur'an is a Mercy to us and it only has what we essentially need for salvation or to seek it. If the Qur'an goes into every minute detail then it would be silly, wouldn't it?

I agree, but you just finished saying that you don't believe in extraterrestrial life because the Quran doesn't mention it.  Maybe you want to rethink that?

On that note God can tell us every single thing that has happened since creation, but how would that help us?

I think mentioning bacteria, and in particular pathogenic bacteria, would have been a considerable help.
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2014 at 3:21am
Originally posted by airmano

If the Quran stated:

This is where the stopidity of the non-believers come in.

Are you saying that God Almighty is also stoopid?

IP IP Logged
Abu Loren

Senior  Member

Quote Abu Loren Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2014 at 3:22am

R U serious?

The question is, are you serious?  Your "explanation" is not just incomprehensible, it's ridiculous.  What does it even mean to say that God "spoke", before there was a universe in which the sound of his voice could propagate?  And how could a word cause a universe to come into existence?

A perfect world would mean zero times in a lifetime.  A perfect God would be more powerful than plate tectonics.  What you're describing is an imperfect world, and a weak, imperfect god.

I agree, but you just finished saying that you don't believe in extraterrestrial life because the Quran doesn't mention it.  Maybe you want to rethink that?

I think mentioning bacteria, and in particular pathogenic bacteria, would have been a considerable help.

I'm sorry but I don't have the time nor the patience to explain endless times the same old story.

The best I can do however is to pray that Allah Subhana Wa Taa'ala guides you to His Truth.
IP IP Logged
Ron Webb
Male Humanism
Senior  Member

Quote Ron Webb Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2014 at 4:33am

I'm sorry but I don't have the time nor the patience to explain endless times the same old story.

The best I can do however is to pray that Allah Subhana Wa Taa'ala guides you to His Truth.

If the best you've got is the "same old story", then it's just as well.

Never mind praying for me, Abu.  Ask your God why He instructed you to clean your hands by rubbing them in dirt, but didn't think to give you a recipe for penicillin.
Addeenul ‘Aql – Religion is intellect.
IP IP Logged
TG12345
Male Christian
Senior  Member

Quote TG12345 Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2014 at 4:48am
Originally posted by airmano

If the Quran stated:

This is where the stopidity of the non-believers come in.

The only person on this thread who has been accusing God of being "stoopid" is you. As a Muslim, who claims that the Quran was written by God, you have said that the Quran states that the earth is stationary and does not move.

"I quoted the above two verses from the Qura'n because it tells me that everything else but the earth is swimming meaning moving and the earth is stationary."
http://www.islamicity.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=29605&PN=1

You are accusing God of being ignorant about His own creation.

Edited by TG12345 - 10 June 2014 at 4:51am
IP IP Logged
airmano

Groupie
Groupie

Quote airmano Replybullet Posted: 10 June 2014 at 5:40am
Wow, I would have prefered that you answer my question instead of phantasizing over disbelievers:
Originally posted by airmano:

If the Quran stated: "The moon is a cube" - Would you believe it ?

Abu Loren: This is where the stopidity of the non-believers come in.

I guess your logic goes like this:

Rule A) "The Quran is always right"
Rule B) "If evidence contradicting the Quran is found, Rule A) automatically applies".

Airmano

Edited by airmano - 10 June 2014 at 6:14am
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 12 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version