Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Current Events
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Politics : Current Events
Message Icon Topic: American Troops in Iraq Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 16 Next >>
Community

Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Offline
Quote Community Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2005 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Shamil

Originally posted by sms2003

Shamil,  I am from the U.S. and I agree with you that the American Troops are accomplishing nothing in Iraq.  I also agree that they are making it seems like Iraq is nothing but a terrorist region, and they are trying to enforce a new system that the muslims do not believe in.  Can you tell me how this is making the American oligarchs even richer?

The contracts for rebuilding Iraq were all awarded to American companies without any bidding. The companies simply stated a price and they got it. Iraqis were given no chance to participate. Halliburton, whom the vice president once worked for, reported profits of over 130 percent this past year as a result. Bechtel received billions for reconstruction, none of which they have begun.

Those are only two examples but that's the pattern.

Yeah? ever heard of "spoils of war"? al anfaal in arabic...

Like the prophet said some fight out of anger, some fight for honor, some fight for the spoils of war, but he who fights so that the word of Allah becomes the highest word and their word the lowest is he who fights in the way of Allah, so there 4 fighters...fighting the same war but only 1 of them fights in the way of Allah, let me remind you that fighting against opressors of men women and childeren is also the way of Allah as it is said in chapter THE WOMEN.

The support of big businesses and corporations is needed when waging a war as you probebly understand and ofcourse they will wish to see some kind of profit for their partaking in the war. Ofcourse most of the contracts will go to businesses from the US, it was afterall the nation that took it upon itself to go in, also other nations who took part in actions against Saddam and his regime got contracts...

Iraq will be rebuilt, some companies went in and got their workers killed by the insurgents so it kind of came to a halt, but let me assure you, a stable Iraq means a healthy society and this will be in the best interest of the Iraq it's neighbours and the world as a whole, and those who are involved in the oil business and contracting have an interest in a stable Iraq also ofcourse.

I do not know what world view you hold when it comes to war but you should try to be reasonable instead of listening to some unreasonable voices out there who try to use everything in their efforts to stop progress.

Edited by Community
IP IP Logged
Shamil

Quote Shamil Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2005 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Community

Originally posted by sms2003

Shamil,  I am from the U.S. and I agree with you that the American Troops are accomplishing nothing in Iraq.  I also agree that they are making it seems like Iraq is nothing but a terrorist region, and they are trying to enforce a new system that the muslims do not believe in.  Can you tell me how this is making the American oligarchs even richer?

The contracts for rebuilding Iraq were all awarded to American companies without any bidding. The companies simply stated a price and they got it. Iraqis were given no chance to participate. Halliburton, whom the vice president once worked for, reported profits of over 130 percent this past year as a result. Bechtel received billions for reconstruction, none of which they have begun.

Those are only two examples but that's the pattern.

Yeah? ever heard of "spoils of war"? al anfaal in arabic...

Like the prophet said some fight out of anger, some fight for honor, some fight for the spoils of war, but he who fights so that the word of Allah becomes the highest word and their word the lowest is he who fights in the way of Allah, so there 4 fighters...fighting the same war but only 1 of them fights in the way of Allah, let me remind you that fighting against opressors of men women and childeren is also the way of Allah as it is said in chapter THE WOMEN.

The support of big businesses and corporations is needed when waging a war as you probebly understand and ofcourse they will wish to see some kind of profit for their partaking in the war. Ofcourse most of the contracts will go to businesses from the US, it was afterall the nation that took it upon itself to go in, also other nations who took part in actions against Saddam and his regime got contracts...

Iraq will be rebuilt, some companies went in and got their workers killed by the insurgents so it kind of came to a halt, but let me assure you, a stable Iraq means a healthy society and this will be in the best interest of the Iraq it's neighbours and the world as a whole, and those who are involved in the oil business and contracting have an interest in a stable Iraq also ofcourse.

I do not know what world view you hold when it comes to war but you should try to be reasonable instead of listening to some unreasonable voices out there who try to use everything in their efforts to stop progress.

I am sorry to tell you that the only voices that support your point of view are those coming from the parties in the United States that stand to profit. The entire world outside the US, as well as a sizeable portion with the US unanimously agree that the US is pillaging Iraq.

As for your misuse of a Qur'anic quote to defend actions by the Kuffar, I pray Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala forgives you and guides you aright.

Edited by Shamil
IP IP Logged
Community

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Community Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2005 at 8:03pm

4:75 And what do ye have that ye fight not in the way of Allah and they way of those weakend, are ill-treated (and oppressed)?- Men, women, and children, who say: "Our Lord! Rescue us from this town, whose people are oppressors; and raise for us from thee one who will protect; and raise for us from thee a savior!" [Chapter the women]

Now i really am convinced people under Saddam said prayers like these don't you think?

IP IP Logged
Community

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Community Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2005 at 8:04pm

As for joining the US army, i can not promote that anymore since i have seen a soldier in a program called "gunner palace" dressed up as a muslim and mocking at the call to prayer :5:57 O ye who have faith! take not for awliyaa (protectors to whom you are subordinate to ) those who take your deen(way) for a mockery or sport,- whether among those who received the Scripture before you, or among those who reject Faith; but fear ye Allah, if ye have faith (indeed). 58. When ye proclaim your call to prayer they take it (but) as mockery and sport; that is because they are a people without understanding.

IP IP Logged
Community

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Community Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2005 at 8:07pm

[/QUOTE]

As for your misuse of a Qur'anic quote to defend actions by the Kuffar, I pray Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala forgives you and guides you aright.

[/QUOTE]

May Allah forgive you and guide you too.

IP IP Logged
Community

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Community Replybullet Posted: 12 November 2005 at 9:55pm

I am sorry to tell you that the only voices that support your point of view are those coming from the parties in the United States that stand to profit. The entire world outside the US, as well as a sizeable portion with the US unanimously agree that the US is pillaging Iraq

5:100 Say: "Not equal are things that are bad and things that are good, even though the abundance of the bad may dazzle thee; so fear Allah, O ye that understand; that (so) ye may prosper."

IP IP Logged
Whisper
Male Other
Senior  Member

Quote Whisper Replybullet Posted: 13 November 2005 at 12:35am

Nice to have you back after you vanished since my response to your "Amreeka has Ameer in it" post!!

Where do you get your ayaats from? Some CD and then a quick copy and paste job?

Kindly, translate your posts in simple plain English and without any reference to the Qur'an for we find your terribly personalised interpretations extremely offensive. 

Spoils of war means the same thing in all the languages. You don't have to make an utter ass of yourself trying to impress upon us that you have somehow managed to grab a few Arabic words from somewhere by placing these in your posts.

Just tell us; what was your great Ameerka doing when the same people of Iraq were praying for their salvation when Saddam was their basatard and had not started trading oil in EUROS?

At least right now, the same very people are praying for aomeone to save them from your masters - they are not crying against anyone else right now.

Respect this forum and the intelligence of the members of this forum. The Arabs and the Muslims are not really as stupid as your Dutch mother might have put in your head for her own very personal reasons.

Above all, stop abusing Qur'an. This is my last warning to you.

Edited by Whisper
IP IP Logged
Community

Guest Group
Guest Group

Quote Community Replybullet Posted: 13 November 2005 at 9:29am

[quote]

Kindly, translate your posts in simple plain English and without any reference to the Qur'an for we find your terribly personalised interpretations extremely offensive. [end Quote]

I think intollerant people who would burn those who hold other opinions while refering to the koran like some of your people would do with "people like me" as you said before should sease their intollerance or be destroyed....i think i am clear enough here. I can back it up with quranic verses but since you hate that so much i will do it anyway.

6:47 Say: "Think ye, if the punishment of Allah comes to you, whether suddenly or openly, will any be destroyed except those who do wrong?

Qul araaytakum in atakum 'adhaabu Allahi baghtatan aw jahratan hal yuhlaku illa alqawmu alththalimoona.

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 16 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version