Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups Men (Brothers)
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups Men (Brothers)
Message Icon Topic: Asalaam Alikum, Brothers... Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 4 Next >>
aishag88

Groupie
Groupie

Online Status: Offline
Quote aishag88 Replybullet Topic: Asalaam Alikum, Brothers...
    Posted: 06 November 2005 at 6:13pm

Sorry for coming on to your form, but my question is for the brothers. 

I have a question about women's dress.

With the sisters,Islamic  womens dress is a very huge discussion topic. I myself am told a lot about the way i dress, if something is not loose enough, or what i am wearing is to reveling.

So my question to you is, what would you like muslim women to wear? What do you think is approprite? What would you let your wife/daughter/sister go out in public in? Or do you completly disagree with having to wear hijab?

Thank you, and salam alikum,

Aisha

IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 06 November 2005 at 9:16pm

Wa Alaikum Salaam,

Let me say that I'm a so-called "Westerner" so whether my opinion on dress matters to you or not well that is up to you to accept. In my opinion I believe what a woman wears doesn't matter so long as the aparrel she wears does not damage her integrity. I believe that clothing reflects the social philosophy of society therefore when people dress provocatively its usely an expression of a liberal and "free-loving" society, not always but in the States that is usually the case. On Hijab or Niqab I believe whatever a woman wears is her choice I dont believe spirituality is what we wear but a behavior and its expressed through our observance of our faith. I believe women are beautiful and dont need clothes (of course I mean women dont need clothing as a form of expressing their faith of course) to express themselves or their faith but to have that reflect in their heart.

Sister BTW you dont need to apologize because you are free to venture here as we are free to venture on your forum.

Edited by Israfil
IP IP Logged
Muslim Friend

Groupie
Groupie

Quote Muslim Friend Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2005 at 11:05am

So my question to you is, what would you like muslim women to wear? What do you think is approprite? What would you let your wife/daughter/sister go out in public in? Or do you completly disagree with having to wear hijab?

This question is unneccasary - it should not matter what the men want you to wear - it should matter of what Allah has stated.

To wear a mans clothing is haram - as women are not meant to wear trousers - this does not mean that trousers and a long top cannot be worn - but clothes should not be form fitting - therfore hijab i believe is an excellant method of covering yourself.

i do not wear a hijab myself nor do a refrain from wearing trousers - but i most certainly will not be asking for a mans opinion, when i am ready to wear the Hijab or to cover myself correctly according to Islam - i will follow the guide lines set by Allah and the prophet - using the prophets wives as an example.

Inshallah

O Allah! Bless Muhammad and let his be the place close to you on the day of Resurrection.
IP IP Logged
Jenni

Senior  Member

Quote Jenni Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2005 at 1:38pm
Muslim Friend that is exactly how I feel!!!
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
IP IP Logged
aishag88

Groupie
Groupie

Quote aishag88 Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2005 at 7:06pm

How do you use the prophets wifes as an explame if you don't wear Hijab?

Also, you said "To wear a mans clothing is haram - as women are not meant to wear trousers " but then you said " do not wear a hijab myself nor do a refrain from wearing trousers " So you are saying you know you are wrong? I guess thats a start, admitting there is a probelm is a good start....

You said also "This question is unneccasary - it should not matter what the men want you to wear..."

I agree It does not matter,if it matter I wouldnt wear hijab, I would wear mini skirts, and flont myself.

I wanted there opoions, there imput, there  "two-cents". How offend do we ask the men? Maybe they have a very good view.

IP IP Logged
Israfil

Senior  Member

Quote Israfil Replybullet Posted: 07 November 2005 at 7:22pm
Obviously what I posted is of no importance LOL whatever I quit here
IP IP Logged
Angel

Senior  Member

Quote Angel Replybullet Posted: 08 November 2005 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Muslim Friend

To wear a mans clothing is haram - as women are not meant to wear trousers - this does not mean that trousers and a long top cannot be worn - but clothes should not be form fitting - therfore hijab i believe is an excellant method of covering yourself.

i do not wear a hijab myself nor do a refrain from wearing trousers - but i most certainly will not be asking for a mans opinion, when i am ready to wear the Hijab or to cover myself correctly according to Islam - i will follow the guide lines set by Allah and the prophet - using the prophets wives as an example.

Inshallah

Muslim Friend, you contradict yourself

~ Our feet are earthbound, but our hearts and our minds have wings ~
IP IP Logged
Jenni

Senior  Member

Quote Jenni Replybullet Posted: 08 November 2005 at 6:05am
I think she is trying to say, that it is up to her to decide and she may think wearing trousers are wrong(her opinion) but is wearing them anyway and may change in the future. I agreed with her that its not up to mens opinion.
You cant be a good muslim if you are not decent and have a cold heart. Be a decent and kind person and care for women and children and the elderly.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version