Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:

Groups New Muslims
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Culture & Community : Groups New Muslims
Message Icon Topic: IM new looking for islamic attire Post Reply Post New Topic
Aafiabintmalik
Female 
Starter.
Starter.

Online Status: Offline
Quote Aafiabintmalik Replybullet Topic: IM new looking for islamic attire
    Posted: 02 May 2014 at 5:08am
I am a new muslim. I began to wear niqab but i am in desperate need of abayas. Abayas in America are to expensive. Can someone plz give me advice. Its a right of another muslim when asked. Some cheap sites, used ones or something. I want a beautiful one. I was told saudi has beautiful cheap ones but im not goin over sees at this time. For the sake of Allah. HelpCrySmile
IP IP Logged
truthfull

Groupie
Groupie

Quote truthfull Replybullet Posted: 14 May 2014 at 6:46pm

You can buy black fabric, silk or any should be thick
Not transparent

Then take it to sheep shop and give them model
And ask to make same

Shoulder abaya
http://www.mbc.net/.imaging/stk/mbc/photo-mod2/website/contentpool/ar/2013/7/7/إحصلي-على-عباية-رمضانية-راقية-بـ5-خطوات/components/0/imageBinary/5fd0945052dc358a4593bdfae004694bd2bf8a48/plain-black-abaya-jilbab (1).jpg

Head abaya

http://www.almeske.net/upload/aln3esa-1331185755.jpg

Head abaya is best and it is up to you

Abaya should be wide not stick with body

IP IP Logged
Janissary7
Male Islam

Quote Janissary7 Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2014 at 9:30am
Quick question.. do new muslims need to wear muslim attire or are t shirts and shorts ok?
IP IP Logged
semar

Quote semar Replybullet Posted: 14 August 2014 at 11:58pm

The main purpose of clothing in Islam is to cover "the aurat" the body part of Muslim that not to be exposed to others. So you new Muslim and old Muslim have the same rules. However if you are new, you can do it gradually just to make it easy for you.

In general short are OK for men (preferable not too short, up-to knee) but not for women. For women preferable long skirt or long paints. Teeshirt perfectly fine for men, for women it's OK, but preferable long sleeves.

(for women, the above answer should be considered as transition before you could do the perfect one)

For women, the perfect attire is the one that cover the whole body except the face and wrist.

Again Islam is not about clothing, so if you can not  do perfectly on clothing, you still be a Muslim, do it all aspect of Islam gradually as much as you can.

Edited by semar - 15 August 2014 at 12:02am
Salam/Peace,
Semar
The Prophet said: "Do not eat before you are hungry, and stop eating before you are full"
"1/3 of your stomach for food 1/3 for water, 1/3 for air"
IP IP Logged
lady

Quote lady Replybullet Posted: 16 August 2014 at 7:49pm
what you could do is go to your mosque and ask people if they know of anyone who is going overseas for a visit. When they tell you then you can give that person money to buy you an abaya, in meantime, the website that I like a lot is eastessence.com. Their clothings are so cheap but with great quality. It is not necessary to wear abayas of all colors or abayas at all. But since you love them so much, you can go to the mosque in your state and ask them when they are having a yard sale. This way, you can buy cheap used abayas.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version