Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:
         

Interfaith Dialogue
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Interfaith Dialogue
Message Icon Topic: It is easter time.Crucifixion or Cruci-fiction Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 8 Next >>
Author Message
iec786
 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 February 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Quote iec786 Replybullet Topic: It is easter time.Crucifixion or Cruci-fiction
    Posted: 01 March 2014 at 11:43am
Watch the video and let us talk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHF5evfPwmc
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1798
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 02 March 2014 at 2:29pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Lachi
Male 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 February 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Quote Lachi Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2014 at 2:21pm
“That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-”

I don't think Christians would object to this. Belief in the Resurrection is enough to accept the statement that Jesus was not killed by crucifixion. Those who claimed they killed Jesus are in error because although he seemed to have been crucified and to die, he rose again and still lives.
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1798
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 04 March 2014 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by Lachi

“That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah";- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:- Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-”

I don't think Christians would object to this. Belief in the Resurrection is enough to accept the statement that Jesus was not killed by crucifixion. Those who claimed they killed Jesus are in error because although he seemed to have been crucified and to die, he rose again and still lives.


Of course they would reject this.  Jesus' alleged death and resurrection are fundamental to Christianity.  The Quran denies both.  It states that Jesus was not killed, which means there was no reason for him to be "resurrected".


Edited by islamispeace - 04 March 2014 at 3:17pm
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Lachi
Male 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 February 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Quote Lachi Replybullet Posted: 04 March 2014 at 5:01pm
It says that they boasted that they had killed Jesus. But they hadn't killed him - because he is resurrected. Allah raised him up - Matthew 28:7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1798
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 06 March 2014 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Lachi

It says that they boasted that they had killed Jesus. But they hadn't killed him - because he is resurrected. Allah raised him up - Matthew 28:7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”


But again, Christians believe that he was literally crucified and that he literally died. The Quran denies this.
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
iec786
 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 February 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Quote iec786 Replybullet Posted: 08 March 2014 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by Lachi

It says that they boasted that they had killed Jesus. But they hadn't killed him - because he is resurrected. Allah raised him up - Matthew 28:7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”




Matthew wrote this but he did not see Jesus on the cross all this is a fabrication.
IP IP Logged
Reepicheep
 
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 06 November 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 289
Quote Reepicheep Replybullet Posted: 09 March 2014 at 6:58am
iec786 wrote: Matthew wrote this but he did not see Jesus on the cross all this is a fabrication.

Interesting.

Ahmed Deedat says that the biblical account of the crucifixion, as recorded in the bible, is basically correct (i.e., Deedat says that it WAS Jesus who was crucified on the cross, spent three days in a tomb, and who left the tomb and appeared again on the third day). Do you no longer consider yourself to be a student and follower of Deedat, if you now deny that Jesus was crucified on the cross???

Edited by Reepicheep - 09 March 2014 at 1:07pm
IP IP Logged
Page  of 8 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed herein contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of IslamiCity. This forum is offered to stimulate dialogue and discussion in our continuing mission of being an educational organization.
If there is any issue with any of the postings please email to icforum at islamicity.com or if you are a forum's member you can use the report button.

Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com

Advertisement:



Sponsored by:
Islamicity Membership Program:
IslamiCity Donation Program  http://www.islamicity.com/Donate
IslamiCity Arabic eLearning http://www.islamiCity.com/ArabAcademy
Complete Domain & Hosting Solutions www.icDomain.com
Home for Muslim Tunes www.icTunes.com
Islamic Video Collections www.islamiTV.com
IslamiCity Marriage Site www.icMarriage.com