Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin  Old ForumOld Forum  Twitter  Facebook
Advertisement:
         

Prophets - Jesus
 IslamiCity Forum - Islamic Discussion Forum : Religion - Islam : Prophets - Jesus
Message Icon Topic: What was the point of Jesus? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Author Message
Lachi
Male 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 February 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Quote Lachi Replybullet Topic: What was the point of Jesus?
    Posted: 22 February 2014 at 4:45pm
Why did Allah send the Gospel of Jesus? Why not just send the Quran and have done with it? What was the point of sending Jesus and his message?
IP IP Logged
islamispeace
 Islam
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 01 November 2005
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1804
Quote islamispeace Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2014 at 2:32pm
Jesus (peace be upon him) was sent to the Children of Israel to bring them back to the straight path.  He also was sent to modify some of the laws which the Jews had been given.  Allah chose not to send Muhammad (peace be upon him) until about 600 years later.  That was His will. 
Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds. (Surat al-Anaam: 162)

IP IP Logged
Caringheart
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 March 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1923
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 23 February 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by islamispeace

Jesus (peace be upon him) was sent to the Children of Israel to bring them back to the straight path.  He also was sent to modify some of the laws which the Jews had been given.  Allah chose not to send Muhammad (peace be upon him) until about 600 years later.  That was His will. 

Greetings islamispeace,

It what ways to you believe Yshe(Jesus) was sent to guide the Jews?
What is it that He taught them?  In what way was He meant to lead them?
In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?
Do you believe there were Jews that learned from Yshwe?

Shukran and salaam,
Caringheart


Edited by Caringheart - 23 February 2014 at 3:17pm
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Lachi
Male 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 18 February 2014
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Quote Lachi Replybullet Posted: 24 February 2014 at 2:15pm
So why the sham crucifixion and the creation of the (presumably) false doctrines of Christianity?
IP IP Logged
iec786
 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 February 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Quote iec786 Replybullet Posted: 01 March 2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Lachi

So why the sham crucifixion and the creation of the (presumably) false doctrines of Christianity?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHF5evfPwmc

Here lies your answer.
IP IP Logged
iec786
 
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 06 February 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 463
Quote iec786 Replybullet Posted: 01 March 2014 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Caringheart




Originally posted by islamispeace

Jesus (peace be upon him) was sent to the Children of Israel to bring them back to the straight path.  He also was sent to modify some of the laws which the Jews had been given.  Allah chose not to send Muhammad (peace be upon him) until about 600 years later.  That was His will. 
Greetings islamispeace,It what ways to you believe Yshe(Jesus) was sent to guide the Jews?What is it that He taught them?  In what way was He meant to lead them?In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?Do you believe there were Jews that learned from Yshwe?Shukran and salaam,Caringheart




Hi Caringheart,

It what ways to you believe Yshe(Jesus) was sent to guide the Jews?

I HAVE NOT COME BUT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF Israel.



What is it that He taught them?

I have not come to destroy the law but to fulfill the prophecy.What Law the law of Moses the 10 commandments.



In what way was He meant to lead them?

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a> me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them


In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?

Exodus 32
The Golden Calf


Do you believe there were Jews that learned from Yshwe?
Maybe but very few and far between.

Peace to you
Ismail.


IP IP Logged
Caringheart
 
Senior Member
Senior  Member
Avatar

Joined: 02 March 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1923
Quote Caringheart Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by iec786


Hi Caringheart,

It what ways to you believe Yshe(Jesus) was sent to guide the Jews?

I HAVE NOT COME BUT TO THE LOST SHEEP OF Israel.

What is it that He taught them?

I have not come to destroy the law but to fulfill the prophecy.What Law the law of Moses the 10 commandments.

In what way was He meant to lead them?

3 “You shall have no other gods before[a> me.

4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them


In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?

Exodus 32
The Golden Calf

Do you believe there were Jews that learned from Yshwe?
Maybe but very few and far between.

Peace to you
Ismail.

Greetings Ismail,

I am not sure you have answered my questions, but let's go with what you have shared.

Yshwe(Jesus) came to fulfill the prophecy.  Did the Jews see this?  The answer is Yes, some of them did.

By the time Yshwe came the Jews were long past worshiping idols.

Salaam,
Caringheart
Let us seek Truth together
Blessed be God forever
IP IP Logged
Reepicheep
 
Senior Member
Senior Member


Joined: 06 November 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 292
Quote Reepicheep Replybullet Posted: 03 March 2014 at 8:08pm
Caringheart wrote: In what way were they 'off the path' that you think Yshwe was sent to lead them back to?

The point you raise has puzzled me for thirty years. Judaism and Islam are almost identical. The only significant difference I can think of is that Jews drink alcohol and Muslims don't.

The claim some Muslims make that Jews worship Ezra is, of course, bogus. Certainly, no modern day Jews worship Ezra. I kind of think of Muslims as being a sect of Judaism (or, alternatively, that Jews are a sect of Islam).
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed herein contain positions and viewpoints that are not necessarily those of IslamiCity. This forum is offered to stimulate dialogue and discussion in our continuing mission of being an educational organization.
If there is any issue with any of the postings please email to icforum at islamicity.com or if you are a forum's member you can use the report button.

Note: The 99 names of Allah avatars are courtesy of www.arthafez.com

Advertisement:



Sponsored by:
Islamicity Membership Program:
IslamiCity Donation Program  http://www.islamicity.com/Donate
IslamiCity Arabic eLearning http://www.islamiCity.com/ArabAcademy
Complete Domain & Hosting Solutions www.icDomain.com
Home for Muslim Tunes www.icTunes.com
Islamic Video Collections www.islamiTV.com
IslamiCity Marriage Site www.icMarriage.com